Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eric - Another thanks to you - you saved me from an embarrassing fail!
Driving from San Fran to PDX, I would have run out of juice well before the charger due to the 20mph headwind, but you alerted me in time to add another 20% charge at previous charger!

How does the wind indicator work? Pulled up in my house and says we have 9mph winds, but it looks dead calm. Is it showing peak gusts or an average over some period of time? Looks very useful, but trying to understand the implications

Ps. Great web app

How does the wind indicator work? Pulled up in my house and says we have 9mph winds, but it looks dead calm. Is it showing peak gusts or an average over some period of time? Looks very useful, but trying to understand the implications

Ps. Great web app
the readings are taken from a weather station near your location, while it might be calm at your home a bit away it could be quite windy.

Long time user of excelsis waze web site previously and was using v2, up until seeing this thread again recently.

The updates are great, the map hazard icons with additional context are wonderful.
Wind speed and elevation are working too. Direction arrow for wind is genius for understanding additional implications on range (and will stop me flicking between waze and energy slope estimated vs actual).
Like that toll information is there for us dealing with the HOT lanes.

Love the concept of visualization of the prime hangouts for money collection/tickets.

I can't get weather overlay to work, despite enabling it on bottom right.

Would love to see the integration of this and abetterrouteplanner - then this stays up all the time.

Great work. Thanks @ericwol

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
New version uploaded!

Police Traps
I have collected 2.6 million reported police locations across north america over the last 6 months. With this data set, I implemented a machine learning algorithm to identify density based clusters of reported locations. These high enforcement areas are now overlayed on the map. I have also started to collect data for western Europe and will add these locations in the future as well.

High enforcement zones will show up as red shaded areas on the map.
View media item 116845
An example of police hiding in a speed trap area. :)
View media item 116846
Waze Western Europe Proxy
I have deployed a proxy waze server in western Europe. In the past, users in Europe would have to poll data from a server on the west cost of the US. This reduces the update time from 3-4 seconds to a few 100 milliseconds.

Camera Notifications
I tried to make the pop up notifications work better based on current speed. The 30 second location poll imposed by Tesla browser kind of makes this a crappy experience.

Bug Fixes
Fixed a handful of bugs that you may or may not notice. :)

Eric, thanks! This is a great product.

My last job included designing and testing military/combat aircraft avionics (active duty, so I flew with them as well), with much of that time spent on navigation/moving map UIs. I am a huge fan of data "fusion" and your app does an excellent job of providing the right information in a clean manner. I love the interface and the personalization options. I'm torn, because I want your app to be successful, but I do with Tesla would implement a lot of your features on future software versions for the organic map display.

If I can think of anything else I'd like to see I'll let you know, but thanks again for your work!

Also, FWIW, the enforcement zones on the map are very accurate for the areas of DC that I drive on a daily basis.

one issue I have is that around where I drive there are numerous red light cameras, the warnings seem to come way too late or after I am past them, can the warning distances be adjusted?
and I have a question about the red 'checkered' markings I now see what are they meant to warn me about?