Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does any progress show on your mytesla page? Or do you have to email/call them to see if something (waiting for financing, etc.) is needed before things move forward?

In Bay Area, reserved 3/31/16 online. Previous owner. Invited to configure 12/15 and configured 12/15.

Does any progress show on your mytesla page? Or do you have to email/call them to see if something (waiting for financing, etc.) is needed before things move forward?

In Bay Area, reserved 3/31/16 online. Previous owner. Invited to configure 12/15 and configured 12/15.

I put in what I could, everything short of insurance basically. My first contact with a human was just last night at end of business hours, and now I'm being told I should have a delivery date scheduled by end of today. I think those of us who are getting fast turnarounds are just luckily falling into some group of factors that they can easily squeeze in before year's end (color/wheel choice, proximity to factory, cash purchase, etc.) Only Tesla knows, but I get the sense that they're scrambling to schedule deliveries at Fremont and just matching already built cars to easy transactions as fast as they can.

I put in what I could, everything short of insurance basically. My first contact with a human was just last night at end of business hours, and now I'm being told I should have a delivery date scheduled by end of today. I think those of us who are getting fast turnarounds are just luckily falling into some group of factors that they can easily squeeze in before year's end (color/wheel choice, proximity to factory, cash purchase, etc.) Only Tesla knows, but I get the sense that they're scrambling to schedule deliveries at Fremont and just matching already built cars to easy transactions as fast as they can.

There was a drone video today on electrek. I'm probably completely wrong but I counted 1300 brand new cars waiting in parking lots. If most are model 3....

Taking delivery on Sunday at the factory...10 days from getting my invite. Awesome!
10 days! I guess with the limited options, Tesla can just make batches of M3's in certain colors and stockpile them for quick delivery. The only variables are colors, wheels and AP. Wheels can be swapped as needed, and AP just requires enabling software. Your car was probably sitting in a parking lot just waiting for you to order it. Ramping!

All the same factors in my favor as well but, no progress yet. One side of me wants the car asap (and that's despite an upcoming trip from the 24th to the 31st; I could pick the car up late on the 31st) while another side wants a 2018 VIN fwiw (where the tax credit will help with the new tax regime) :).

That's exactly how I feel right now. At this point, I'm okay waiting til next year to get a 2018 VIN Digit "J" versus a 2017 VIN "H" model year.

10 days! I guess with the limited options, Tesla can just make batches of M3's in certain colors and stockpile them for quick delivery. The only variables are colors, wheels and AP. Wheels can be swapped as needed, and AP just requires enabling software. Your car was probably sitting in a parking lot just waiting for you to order it. Ramping!

I think the premium features also differentiates as that includes a glass roof along with different assembled parts. I have to imagine they made more of those as that's higher ASP.

Hopefully, I get a call soon but I'll be out of town after the 23rd :(

I think the premium features also differentiates as that includes a glass roof along with different assembled parts. I have to imagine they made more of those as that's higher ASP.

Hopefully, I get a call soon but I'll be out of town after the 23rd :(

Premium features are currently required on orders. They are not expected to offer a base model without premium features until January or February... as I understand it.

Reactions: JenniferQ
Does anyone know if we can pick up the all weather mats on shop.tesla at the Fremont delivery hub? I am flying into SF this weekend so I can’t order it now and take it with me

I wouldn't think so. Such accessories do get delivered out of Tesla's parts warehouse in nearby Newark but, I doubt they can coordinate all that for you in these busy times. Better to get them delivered to your home address separately.

Enjoy the trip to the (freezing) Bay Area and have a great drive back home in your spanking new 3!!