Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
940F65F4-C48F-4787-A0D8-034348267963.jpeg
I went to look at the 7 delivered to the Charlotte delivery center and 4 of the VINs have a little QR code type box before the number and 3 of them do not have this box. Seemed to be lower VIN’s had no box and higher VINs had one. Any idea what this is?

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
View attachment 276859 I went to look at the 7 delivered to the Charlotte delivery center and 4 of the VINs have a little QR code type box before the number and 3 of them do not have this box. Seemed to be lower VIN’s had no box and higher VINs had one. Any idea what this is?
I assume you didn’t try to scan the code? It’s a bit too blurry to scan from the pic.

My guess is it just a QR version of the VIN?

Vin 50XX assigned yesterday with delivery by end of Feb. Seemed kinda late but I am Florida so that doesn’t help timing I’m sure.
This is interesting in that it's the first time in a while that I've seen a VIN assigned and then still a fairly long lead-time (30 days) til delivery. This could imply that Tesla is finally 'done' with delivering the pre-built inventories of December and early January. In other words, your car may not yet exist (which is pretty cool in my book)! The past few weeks, it has felt to me that everyone with an invite and then VIN assignment has really been getting a pre-built vehicle (not that there's anything wrong with that). Perhaps we are seeing that the supply chain from factory to delivery is beginning to smooth out and normalize. A good sign (if true).

This is interesting in that it's the first time in a while that I've seen a VIN assigned and then still a fairly long lead-time (30 days) til delivery. This could imply that Tesla is finally 'done' with delivering the pre-built inventories of December and early January. In other words, your car may not yet exist (which is pretty cool in my book)! The past few weeks, it has felt to me that everyone with an invite and then VIN assignment has really been getting a pre-built vehicle (not that there's anything wrong with that). Perhaps we are seeing that the supply chain from factory to delivery is beginning to smooth out and normalize. A good sign (if true).
Also possible that it depends on transportation and delivery training. Maybe Tesla is queuing up a large shipment of multiple cars to FL. Maybe they are waiting for delivery training at that particular location to be completed.

Reactions: dc_h and suwaneedad