Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is desiring a ramp not a line. Right? Ramps are exponential.

How did Elon draw it?
upload_2018-5-23_8-22-35.png

My ISA contacted me via email and gave me a 2-3 week window. Later, after I asked, she sent me my VIN, also via email. #23xxx.
No VIN on my configuration page, but I expect that since I'm more than a week away from delivery.

4/18 invite and config.
5/22 ISA contact
VIN: 23xxx
White, Aero, EAP
Souther California

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Not sure if this has been posted but this is what I was sent. It might be worth it to get this stuff in order before you're contacted so you can get a date ASAP.

• Your delivery location is _____.
  • You are paying through your own 3rd party lender, correct?
    • Please send me your pre-approval letter.
    • Once paperwork is submitted, I will be able to provide a purchase agreement to send to your lender. They will need the purchase agreement in order to finalize the loan on their end and release funds.
    • Note: Please be sure all registrants are listed on the loan.
  • You are not doing a trade-in, correct?
  • Please upload a picture of your current insurance to your Tesla account. The insurance does not have to be VIN specific to the Model 3 at this time.
    • We will need to see that the Model 3 has been added to your insurance before you take delivery.
    • MA: Please send me your insurance agency’s name and contact info (phone number and fax number).
      • Our delivery team will contact the insurance agency and fax them some standard dealership documents to finalize insurance and registration.
  • Please upload a picture of all registrants driver’s licenses (front and back) to your Tesla account.
  • Please be sure to double check registration information.
    • Note: All parties indicated on registration must be present to sign for delivery. Requests for changes to paperwork, such as adding additional registrants, may delay delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: MissyMcBee
I lost the edit configuration button this morning as well.
I got an email from my ISA (in Brooklyn, NY) saying that a VIN has been assigned and the rest similar to what RyanDe posted above.
My Tesla page still shows a reservation number (I'm assuming that I'm still more than 7 days out)
I tried the wall charger checkout trick, but that still only shows the reservation number as well.

Anybody have an opinion on whether I should enter today's date on the tracking spreadsheets / site for VIN assignment? or wait until I can actually see the VIN and know what it is?

4/13 Invite
4/14 Config

Blue w/ Sport
Dedham MA delivery

Maybe our cars will be on the same truck to Dedham! Is your advisor Kyle? Let me know if you get a date, I'm waiting for the loan pre-approval letter still
Nope, I have Carter. I'm not financing, so don't have that to worry about. Only thing left to do is figure out if they will give me a decent (enough) value on my trade-in, or else I will sell privately. No hints on timing yet, except that their trade in quotes last 30 days, and he thinks we will be inside of that. Although he's still not unlocking the trade-in process until he knows more about the shipping.
My guess is 3 weeks or so, but we will see. If it stays in June I'll be happy.

Nope, I have Carter. I'm not financing, so don't have that to worry about. Only thing left to do is figure out if they will give me a decent (enough) value on my trade-in, or else I will sell privately. No hints on timing yet, except that their trade in quotes last 30 days, and he thinks we will be inside of that. Although he's still not unlocking the trade-in process until he knows more about the shipping.
My guess is 3 weeks or so, but we will see. If it stays in June I'll be happy.

I didn't do trade in, I probably should because I'm lazy and I know my other car will just sit in my driveway for months before I sell to CarMax but I don't want any hiccups in this process so I'm trying to remove potential issues.