Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virginia Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got our MSM, 7-seat, LR, with tow yesterday at Tyco road dealership. So very happy and just in time for school and the need to tote several kids around! Car really looked nice and everything seems lined up. Drivers side door had a tiny ding at the edge (~1cm x 1mm, very shallow). We were fine with them putting a dab of paint on it and calling it a day. Bluetooth took three tries to sync but one drive around town and to work was all it needed to calibrate. Mobile connector came with it and the technician made a big deal about how we were getting the new headlights and some sort of new interior door panel…I have never really cared about any of the details of this car beyond the passenger capacity and the fact that it does not use gas so that was a nice bonus that someone else might find helpful to know about.

We got a great rate from a local credit union and showed up with the tracking number of the payment from the lender to Tesla, paid down payment in the app and we were good to go.

Every human being on the phone and at the dealership we have interacted with has been so nice but I can’t say that I’m impressed with the system…we ordered our car on 9/11/2021 so waited almost a year. Love the car but would love it 100x more if I had not felt so jerked around by the process.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Was it an Austin or Fremont build?

Picked up my car (info in sig.) yesterday from Tyco and the car was perfect! No alignment or paint issues. 🙌

✔️ ~50% charged
✔️ all ports worked
✔️ mobile connector included
✔️ front license plate bracket included
✔️ no chrome rear Model Y license plate which I did not expect but all of the Model 3s I saw had them.
✔️ rear shelf was included (Austin build)

My pickup experience was not the best.

When I got there, my car was not parked on the lot for pickup. There are a lot of cars waiting for pickup in their warehouse and my car was parked in what seemed to be the middle of the warehouse. I had to wait almost 30 minutes for them to move cars out to get mine out. When they finally brought the car out, no one said anything to me. I had to ask if it was my car and if I could have the key cards. I would have thought they planned a day ahead for pickups but it is clear, they do not.

I will be dropping off today to get full frontal PPF, ceramic tint, and ceramic coating. I love my car and am so happy the wait is over!

Reactions: VAtoMN and YNoVA
Never got that text but my options to schedule delivery was two weeks out. So maybe two weeks 🤷🏾‍♀️
Y'all are giving me hope I might see a VIN in the app soon. OD was 5/15. Got an early two week window to 6/8-6/22 that never materialized then most recently had 8/17-8/31 before turning into 9/1-9/15 on 8/18. Can't figure out if Tesla is just enjoying mindf**king me at this point or what...

VIN assigned finally! Pickup not scheduled yet, but feeling better. They text said estimated delivery between today and 9/7. 9/5 is a holiday. What’s everyone’s take on the timing? Rejected by someone else? It seems like most people are getting their VINs a week or two before pick up date.

VIN assigned finally! Pickup not scheduled yet, but feeling better. They text said estimated delivery between today and 9/7. 9/5 is a holiday. What’s everyone’s take on the timing? Rejected by someone else? It seems like most people are getting their VINs a week or two before pick up date.
Really glad to see u post this. I was bummed out by ur previous post. Gives me hope mine is coming soon.

Yesterday I got a weird text about trade ins ...but already indicates that I'm not trading in anything.

Really glad to see u post this. I was bummed out by ur previous post. Gives me hope mine is coming soon.

Yesterday I got a weird text about trade ins ...but already indicates that I'm not trading in anything.
Tesla called me a few weeks back asking if i had a trade-in, then immediately asked me about solar as well. Definitley weren’t pushy about it though.

Have you looked up the VIN in the source code of your reservation page yet? Not that it gives you any idea about delivery, but If you find the VIN it does give a little peace of mind.

Tesla called me a few weeks back asking if i had a trade-in, then immediately asked me about solar as well. Definitley weren’t pushy about it though.

Have you looked up the VIN in the source code of your reservation page yet? Not that it gives you any idea about delivery, but If you find the VIN it does give a little peace of mind.
No, didn't even know that was a thing. How do I do it?

Lurker here who finally decided to join. Ordered 6/10/2022 MYLR blue/ white, tow bar, regular wheels no FSD. Initial delivery date Jan-April 2023 then Jan-March 2023. Yesterday it went to Dec 2022! I preferred the date after Jan 2023- can delivery be delayed?