Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virginia Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SAs at Tysons are just playing dirty mind games with the customers. I’ve talked to multiple Tesla IT engineers and they told me that if we request the SA to unmatch the vin, based on our order date we should get a VIN assigned to us ASAP. But the SAs are telling us that it may take 5 or 6 months for the VIN to be assigned if they unmatch us now. I personally asked an SA to unmatch mine and got a new one assigned with in 5 business days. Mine was a MYLR Red FSD with basic wheels.

Reactions: SWIPE and RVA03
The SAs at Tysons are just playing dirty mind games with the customers. I’ve talked to multiple Tesla IT engineers and they told me that if we request the SA to unmatch the vin, based on our order date we should get a VIN assigned to us ASAP. But the SAs are telling us that it may take 5 or 6 months for the VIN to be assigned if they unmatch us now. I personally asked an SA to unmatch mine and got a new one assigned with in 5 business days. Mine was a MYLR Red FSD with basic wheels.
Unless you guys pressure the SAs they (SAs and Tesla) don’t give two shits about customers.

All said buying a Tesla is the worst experience I’ve had in my life. Never regretted something like this before, I decided to sell mine for a 6K profit and get a BMW IX. Good luck Tesla folks.

Yes Tesla could have handled it better..
They should stop assigning VINs if its not good for delivery.
Anything that happens in transit is understandable and its rare, but here they know that when assigning the VIN from factory that it can't be delivered!!
Day will come where more priority will be given to Customer's experience/satisfaction.

This morning my EDD was June 4-18. By 0930 it had slipped to November 2022 to February 2023. 😳 I saw on Reddit that Tesla is not able to get Charge Port ECUs. Bummer. It is what it is. OD was November 2021.
UPDATE: The day after this weird slip, my EDD was pulled back to May 31 - June 4. Then I got a text with a VIN. SC confirmed there are no holds on my car. Picking it up in Norfolk, originally it was Richmond. Car is expected at the SC on 31 May. OD was November 2021. MYLR, Blue, White, Tow, Gemini wheels, no FSD.

Reactions: SWIPE and gmb22
UPDATE: The day after this weird slip, my EDD was pulled back to May 31 - June 4. Then I got a text with a VIN. SC confirmed there are no holds on my car. Picking it up in Norfolk, originally it was Richmond. Car is expected at the SC on 31 May. OD was November 2021. MYLR, Blue, White, Tow, Gemini wheels, no FSD.
Nice, scheduled for delivery? only the April built cars are in hold.. Is Norfolk SC recently/newly opened one?

Yes, Tesla Tysons sent me the following message.

Hey,

We are excited to get you behind the wheel of your Tesla soon!

We are working to tentatively get your car ready for this upcoming week! Once we get your car ready we will be reaching out to schedule your delivery as soon as possible.

We thank you for your patience as we work to get your Tesla ready for you.

Let us know if you have any questions we can help with.

-Tesla Team

Reactions: TJGreen1955
Yes, Tesla Tysons sent me the following message.

Hey,

We are excited to get you behind the wheel of your Tesla soon!

We are working to tentatively get your car ready for this upcoming week! Once we get your car ready we will be reaching out to schedule your delivery as soon as possible.

We thank you for your patience as we work to get your Tesla ready for you.

Let us know if you have any questions we can help with.

-Tesla Team
I got the same message yesterday!

Hi everyone,

Anyone have any luck getting an earlier delivery appointment after you scheduled your appointment? I was just able to schedule at Tysons but it’s cutting it close to when I have to travel, so hoping for an earlier date.

Unless you guys pressure the SAs they (SAs and Tesla) don’t give two shits about customers.

All said buying a Tesla is the worst experience I’ve had in my life. Never regretted something like this before, I decided to sell mine for a 6K profit and get a BMW IX. Good luck Tesla folks.
I bought a Model 3 in 2019. Did it all on-line, including Tesla financing and trade-in. It was amazing at how easy the process went. They delivered the car to my house and drove my trade-in away. In the 3 years that I owned it they came to my house to service it - they upgraded the FSD to the new version (free), they fixed a broken pin on the charge port (free) and then did a tire rotation ($150). Everything related to ordering my Model Y was easy up till the point that the car arrived without the ECU component. I've been waiting on that since the beginning of May.

I bought a Model 3 in 2019. Did it all on-line, including Tesla financing and trade-in. It was amazing at how easy the process went. They delivered the car to my house and drove my trade-in away. In the 3 years that I owned it they came to my house to service it - they upgraded the FSD to the new version (free), they fixed a broken pin on the charge port (free) and then did a tire rotation ($150). Everything related to ordering my Model Y was easy up till the point that the car arrived without the ECU component. I've been waiting on that since the beginning of May.
They have the charge port parts now, confirmed with them yesterday. But still, they're delaying the delivery appointments for these ~200 Customers because of reasons only known to them.