Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virginia Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN assigned on April 26th. The car was delivered to Tesla Tyco road on May 2nd. But the Tyco location people are still waiting for the Charge port ECU to be delivered to them. They don't know when the part will come, I was told that the parts would come on May 11th missed that, 16th Missed that and after that, I stopped trusting them lol. So it's just a waiting game for us.

Reactions: RVA03

Lease Transfer available for start anytime between July and August: 2022 Model Y Performance Edition / White Ext / Black Int / 20” Induction Wheels / Full Autopilot [Northern VA]​

Lease Transfer Offer:
Lease Maturity - March 8, 2025
12,000 miles / year
No down payment - $1,012 / month
3,072 miles on odometer
•••

I got my VIN assigned on April 26th. The car was delivered to Tesla Tyco road on May 2nd. But the Tyco location people are still waiting for the Charge port ECU to be delivered to them. They don't know when the part will come, I was told that the parts would come on May 11th missed that, 16th Missed that and after that, I stopped trusting them lol. So it's just a waiting game for us.
worst part is now the service center started delivering the newly built vehicles that don't have these issues :)
So, Tesla now has the parts in factory but is not sending it to Service Centers ? Why the heck Tesla shipped these incomplete vehicles to Service Center ?

worst part is now the service center started delivering the newly built vehicles that don't have these issues :)
So, Tesla now has the parts in factory but is not sending it to Service Centers ? Why the heck Tesla shipped these incomplete vehicles to Service Center ?
at least they aren't stopping deliveries...seems like it'll be reduced capacity til those cars get fixed and delivered :confused:

Delivery question since this is new again for me, trying anticipate what I need to fulfill; no DD confirmed yet only VIN & EDD:

My name is on the order & purchase agreement but I might be out of town if the Y is delivered in these next 2 weeks.
Can my wife pick it up or do I have to change name on paperwork and switch to a joint loan (DCU)?

What kind of setback is this?
Back of the line like a new order?
Or just delayed a few weeks as they sort things out?

Did anyone take delivery of the Tesla Model Y’s where the charge port was not included originally in the DC area from Tesla Tyco Road. If so please let me know when you took the delivery.
Any update? Sucks if those cars are still sitting on the lot waiting for parts and reducing delivery capacity. Hell I wouldn't mind taking one of those cars as long as it gets fixed relatively soon.

Just picked up my Model Y LR on 5/25 from Tyco road.. Easy process about 5 min to sign papers after I inspected the car.. No issues that many have with panel gaps, paint etc.. The only thing wrong is the steering wheel is slightly off center.. From other posts it seems like a common occurrence.. I already scheduled a service appointment. Most would not notice but tend to notice things like that and it would drive me crazy if I didn't fix it...

Just picked up my Model Y LR on 5/25 from Tyco road.. Easy process about 5 min to sign papers after I inspected the car.. No issues that many have with panel gaps, paint etc.. The only thing wrong is the steering wheel is slightly off center.. From other posts it seems like a common occurrence.. I already scheduled a service appointment. Most would not notice but tend to notice things like that and it would drive me crazy if I didn't fix it...
Did your vehicle also miss the charge port part initially? When did you get your vin assignment?

Did anyone take delivery of the Tesla Model Y’s where the charge port was not included originally in the DC area from Tesla Tyco Road. If so please let me know when you took the delivery.
Still waiting on Tysons since the first week of May. Was told on the 16th that maybe it would be released on the 19th. Guess I'm not getting it for the holiday.

Any update? Sucks if those cars are still sitting on the lot waiting for parts and reducing delivery capacity. Hell I wouldn't mind taking one of those cars as long as it gets fixed relatively soon.
This morning my EDD was June 4-18. By 0930 it had slipped to November 2022 to February 2023. 😳 I saw on Reddit that Tesla is not able to get Charge Port ECUs. Bummer. It is what it is. OD was November 2021.