Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Vote]- Will you buy Hummer EV instead of Cybertruck or Rivian?

Will you buy Hummer EV instead of Cybertruck or Rivian?

• Yes. Buying Hummer EV instead of Cybertruck or Rivian

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Yes. Buying both Hummer EV AND Cybertruck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Buying both Hummer EV AND Rivian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • No. Buying Cybertruck only

Votes: 127 80.9%
  • No. Buying Rivian only

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • No. Buying both Cybertruck AND Rivian.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • No. Buying other Tesla only.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • No. Already own Tesla. Not buying more.

• No. Buying other EV that are not Tesla, Rivian or Hummer.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • No. Not buying any EV.

• None of the above

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maxed-out CT available <12 months costs less than bottom-end HEV due out 2024.
Rivian comparable price for less range and no AI drive option. (I'd complain about the headlights but admit CT is "so ugly it's beautiful".)

GM's future battery technology (Ultrium) is already behind Tesla's present and future (per Sandy Munro). I think Mary Barra tried to use investors' money from Nikola to finance their failed investment into old technology. Now, she and her friends are trying to keep Nikola stock afloat until they can sell the stock. Then, likely, GM is out of this deal with dead fraudulent Nikola. If they can't find another money cow with less-idiotic CEO than Trevor-the-fraudster in the next several months, Hummer will be DOA and will never happen.

Reactions: LionXng
Have deposits on Rivian and Cybertruck - which I purchase will depend on actual availability and final product design / features...but I will likely never purchase the GM Hummer EV. Had very bad sales and service experience with Volt and Bolt, and I don't trust GM will have their dealers properly trained in the marketing and service of EVs, assuming they actually get the Hummer EV to production (no working vehicle has been built yet, only a non-working mock-up and a CGI video)

• Informative
Reactions: Cyber_Dav and vickh
their driver camera is better. wish Tesla would add IR to theirs and activate instead of steering nag

Tesla Autopilot loses to GM Super Cruise due to lack of driver monitoring in industry-wide test - Electrek

I wouldn't pay 100K for a hummer though, 39K maybe with FSD ;)

I know you know this, but others might not - Autopilot is not FSD. Autopilot (not FSD) was compared to Super Cruise in a paid Consumer Reports review. Any of these analyst and so-called consumer review companies will say whatever you want for the right price. Tesla never pays for any of them.

I know you know this, but others might not - Autopilot is not FSD. Autopilot (not FSD) was compared to Super Cruise in a paid Consumer Reports review. Any of these analyst and so-called consumer review companies will say whatever you want for the right price. Tesla never pays for any of them.

Agree about AP vs FSD, but Consumer Reports is pretty unbiased unlike JD Powers etc. They do Tesla a hard time, but I like the fact they keep them on their toes..

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
I like the Hummer EV [HEV]. But the HEV is way to expensive. The $79k version should be at most $60k minus federal credit. Do I prefer it to the cybertruck? Nope.

We will buy a 2 motor cybertruck and a rivian SUV if it starts at $59k minus federal credit. Otherwise maybe a model Y. What we really want? An electric FJ cruiser.

I would love to love the CT, but I cannot for the life of me get past its looks, sorry. I keep trying, I do!
I doubt looks will matter that much if the published specs are accurate. Functionality, cost of ownership, and practical utility should make this a no brainer in the truck market...no matter what it looks like.

Dan

I doubt looks will matter that much if the published specs are accurate. Functionality, cost of ownership, and practical utility should make this a no brainer in the truck market...no matter what it looks like.

Dan
People mention all kinds of problems with the cybertruck like side loading etc. But 80% of companies buying trucks will select it , if it can complete the mission. That will be enough purchases to sell pretty much everything Tesla can make. Straight out of the gate, many kinds of local delivery services will use it. Small handymen will snap them up. It does everything I need except I will not be able to get wood dumped in the side. That is acceptable to me.

CR has no advertisements and is not paid for reviews. But they aren't a good magazine for "enthusiasts"...they are directed at the general consumer who wants things to "just work". They don't want to be beta testers. Even the mostly reliable TACC is still considered a Beta feature according to Tesla.

I would love to love the CT, but I cannot for the life of me get past its looks, sorry. I keep trying, I do!
But you will be able to paint it with your friends and family every weekend and make it anew and uniquely bootiful perfectly capturing the mood and events of your life. Just imagine you could have a truck with go Trump on one side, go Biden on another side, and go Cows on the front.

CR has no advertisements and is not paid for reviews. But they aren't a good magazine for "enthusiasts"...they are directed at the general consumer who wants things to "just work". They don't want to be beta testers. Even the mostly reliable TACC is still considered a Beta feature according to Tesla.

Take a close look at the CR “study.” Tesla was rated highest on capability and functionality, and ease of use. Yet, Tesla comes in a “distant second.” The only perceived strength of SuperCruise is driver monitoring through an internal camera. Several of the scored questions were focused in that and related areas.

Why not weight the scores by importance to the general consumer? Many would prioritize capability, functionality, and ease of use over driver monitoring.

Why would CR design the study the way they did?

I like the Hummer EV [HEV]. But the HEV is way to expensive. The $79k version should be at most $60k minus federal credit. Do I prefer it to the cybertruck? Nope.

We will buy a 2 motor cybertruck and a rivian SUV if it starts at $59k minus federal credit. Otherwise maybe a model Y. What we really want? An electric FJ cruiser.

Why should the Hummer EV be that cheap? it is a lot more truck than the Rivian, and I was expecting the CT before the reveal to be 6 figures. Reasons why the CT is so much cheaper is the exoskeleton and no paint

I really don't know why people are surprised at the Hummer EV, the Hummer has always been a large boxy inefficient vehicle....nothing has changed