Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work in an industry that leads to a lot of disposable income which people tend to spend on fancy cars and a number are looking at EV’s. quite a number have said to me that they won’t touch Tesla’s due to quality and service issues, I have always defended them but to be honest I have totally given up. It is now the running joke at work just how long my car has taken since I reserved 3 years ago and ordered 3 months ago and I still haven’t got a clue when the car will arrive, to make matters worse another colleague who had no reservation and ordered a couple of weeks after me is now driving his new white on white P+ around which is leading lots of people to ask exactly how Tesla are delivering these things as ‘you ordered yours 3 years ago, didn’t you?.

I am now just telling people that all the rumours of a chaotic company appear to be true and if I could get the Model 3 from elsewhere I would as Tesla have totally ruined this experience for me which is a shame as it is the first new car I have ever purchased.

It is not the delay as such but the fact they just keep stringing me along. First the estimated date of August, then the txt in July to say ‘your car is on the way, we will be reaching out to you shortly’, then another txt saying high demand and ‘we will get you your car shortly’, then we expect a ‘September’ delivery, then the Sales lady told me early October at the latest with the head of sales saying the first batch of LR AWD’s would be delivered in early October and now they are saying ‘whoops, we meant late November’.

In the mean time I am renting a crappy run about, my finance has expired (Tesla told me to go ahead with the preapproval so I would be ready to go when invoiced) so I have to go through that process again and my Wife is saying ‘this is rediculous, just cancel the bloody thing and let’s go and buy another LEAF and get a Tesla Model Y in 5 years once they have sorted heir *sugar* out’ :-(
Let that be a lesson; keep your trap shut til you have the thing.

• Funny
Reactions: jason66
Let that be a lesson; keep your trap shut til you have the thing.

Stuff Off mate, if someone ask’s me when the car is due I will tell them on the assumption that Tesla has some idea of when they can deliver their own product. And if a company gives me crap service then I will tell people, the best advice I can give people regarding Tesla at the moment is to steer clear until they get their supply chain sorted. Of course I told people I ordered the car 3 years ago as there was no indication at the time the wait was going to be this long and I was a full in Tesla fanboy encouraging anyone I could to support the cause.

• Funny
Reactions: raynewman
Apparently, at least two people have managed to take delivery of P3D+ in Melbourne. Found these charging at the local shopping centre, I suspect they are running ride sharing with them since I used to see a couple of Model X with the same plates and always charging in the evening.
That's the same spec as mine and they say delivery Dec-Jan....that's because someone has jumped the queue.
This is starting to piss me off

Apparently, at least two people have managed to take delivery of P3D+ in Melbourne. Found these charging at the local shopping centre, I suspect they are running ride sharing with them since I used to see a couple of Model X with the same plates and always charging in the evening.
They are the white interior. An evidence that Tesla's "algorithm" is broken. Not going to defend them. But when they have limited production lines to serve the world and chose to be efficient, prediction may suffer.

They are the white interior. An evidence that Tesla's "algorithm" is broken. Not going to defend them. But when they have limited production lines to serve the world and chose to be efficient, prediction may suffer.
I offered to switch to white interior, or any other colour, if it could make my delivery faster. I was told that it would make no difference. I know where you are coming from though.

On a related topic, I have reached out to Tesla to see if they can switch me across to the new Black wheels, which appear to be standard across the Performance range now since the configurator update last night. The new wheels look amazing and cost the same, and considering that our cars have not been made yet and Tesla have stuffed us around so much, hopefully something can be done.

I offered to switch to white interior, or any other colour, if it could make my delivery faster. I was told that it would make no difference. I know where you are coming from though.

On a related topic, I have reached out to Tesla to see if they can switch me across to the new Black wheels, which appear to be standard across the Performance range now since the configurator update last night. The new wheels look amazing and cost the same, and considering that our cars have not been made yet and Tesla have stuffed us around so much, hopefully something can be done.
And Tesla got back to me, the switch to dark wheels is done. I guess that this confirms that our cars have not yet been made...

Reactions: TASKA9 and Kilak
And Tesla got back to me, the switch to dark wheels is done. I guess that this confirms that our cars have not yet been made...

Not sure if any magic happened.... My page now shows the dark wheels too and I haven't made a request...

upload_2019-10-18_11-45-53.png

I don't think it confirms anything. You may be right, but I really suspect what it probably does mean is that if your car was on its way somewhere, then you just moved yourself backwards in the queue by changing spec.

I didn't request any change to my order, Tesla again have gone off the reservation and made changes without communicating with their customers.

For clarity, I have never changed or requested a change to my order.

• Love
Reactions: EinSV