Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't request any change to my order, Tesla again have gone off the reservation and made changes without communicating with their customers.

For clarity, I have never changed or requested a change to my order.

Yep, would seem people are out of luck if they didn’t want these wheels, would suggest the cars haven’t been produced yet. ‘Late November’........ yeah right.

Yep, would seem people are out of luck if they didn’t want these wheels, would suggest the cars haven’t been produced yet. ‘Late November’........ yeah right.
Maybe "Late November" is when they are scheduled to be manufactured, that I would believe. Would lead to an early January delivery.

Oh well, at this point, all we can do it wait and see, and keep hassling Tesla since they would never think to reach out to us proactively.

Noooooooo!!!! I DON'T LIKE the grey wheels and my order is also showing them now. UGHHH!!!! Now I'm going to either have to change my opinion and learn to like them or find someone to swap. Seriously at this point in time I think they are ugly and look like they are acheap imitation of pretty silver wheels.

Noooooooo!!!! I DON'T LIKE the grey wheels and my order is also showing them now. UGHHH!!!! Now I'm going to either have to change my opinion and learn to like them or find someone to swap. Seriously at this point in time I think they are ugly and look like they are acheap imitation of pretty silver wheels.
I’m sure you will have no trouble offering them to someone who already has the silver ones. They’d probably even cover the cost of swapping.

Reactions: TASKA9
I’m sure you will have no trouble offering them to someone who already has the silver ones. They’d probably even cover the cost of swapping.
Yep. I've just found a poll by Electrek that shows 81% of people prefer the darker wheels. I shouldn't have a problem swapping them with someone :)

upload_2019-10-18_15-10-4.png

jenny! I’m just the person you want to see. I’ve got a pair of brand new perfect 20” wheels that came off my P3D+ the moment I got it (well close enough lol). I put 18” tsportlines on instead but want the dark ones just in case. Happy to trade you! Located in Melbourne

jenny! I’m just the person you want to see. I’ve got a pair of brand new perfect 20” wheels that came off my P3D+ the moment I got it (well close enough lol). I put 18” tsportlines on instead but want the dark ones just in case. Happy to trade you! Located in Melbourne
Meowsers - nice to meet you. I will wait to see the wheels but I doubt I will change my mind, and we might be able to do a trade :)
I'm also Melbourne - SE suburbs.

Whilst I don't care either way, it does raise the question of legality of Tesla making this change without notification. Wonder if there is anything buried in the T&Cs about this?
I mean you order one thing and they do a switcheroo to another..I mean how happy would you be if you ordered red and got a blue one!

Same here. Not happy with Tesla. Considering the photo of the model 3 had white wheels when I ordered I assume there is some kind of law...? If they do deliver with the (in my opinion ugly) grey wheels I will have some choice words for the delivery team. I know I don't have to accept delivery but I just want what I ordered. Putting second hand wheels on to a $100k+ car doesn't sit well with me :/
When is this bs going to end?