Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vin ranges are not built sequentially. There can be a few production days over weeks covering the same range. The worksheets show a few examples of that occurring. The invoice is the document to wait for with the build date. This will be the best indicator of the exact ship.

in country logistics take 2-6weeks before delivery so anything arriving this Friday will start to be delivered from about November 22ish all the way through to The end of December. Any car arriving in the next 5 weeks will try and be delivered by 31 December. This is very important for Tesla, as they are trying to deliver 360,000 total cars for the year (over 100,000 for the quarter, over 7800 per week) and want minimal cars in transit - which do not count to the total.

The ship arriving Friday definitely has vehicles onboard - ANL Warrnambool for build dates October 3-5.

Last edited:
I am just looking at the @Vedaprime VIN sheet and seeing the 4617xx series first being delivered in Aug on the Brotonne Bridge. When did you order?
The 4617xx VINs that have already been delivered were 'K' VINs, ie 5YJ3F7EB3KF4617XX. It looks like this range is being reused with 'L' VINs like mine - 5YJ3F7EC3LF4617XX. I don't know what the build date is, but it will be much later.

I ordered on 4/6/2019. Back when the estimated delivery date still said 'August'.

Reactions: Prof_Hutch
Vin ranges are not built sequentially. There can be a few production days over weeks covering the same range. The worksheets show a few examples of that occurring. The invoice is the document to wait for with the build date. This will be the best indicator of the exact ship.

in country logistics take 2-6weeks before delivery so anything arriving this Friday will start to be delivered from about November 22ish all the way through to The end of December. Any car arriving in the next 5 weeks will try and be delivered by 31 December. This is very important for Tesla, as they are trying to deliver 360,000 total cars for the year (over 100,000 for the quarter, over 7800 per week) and want minimal cars in transit - which do not count to the total.

The ship arriving Friday definitely has vehicles onboard - ANL Warrnambool for build dates October 3-5.

When do you think we will see 2020 vins arriving ?

Reading some comments on US TMC thread on LR M3. Comments on there saying Tesla have made massive batch of LR and finally popping up in their local market after being starved for many weeks. So I guess ours were made with this recent batch

The 4617xx VINs that have already been delivered were 'K' VINs, ie 5YJ3F7EB3KF4617XX. It looks like this range is being reused with 'L' VINs like mine - 5YJ3F7EC3LF4617XX. I don't know what the build date is, but it will be much later.

I ordered on 4/6/2019. Back when the estimated delivery date still said 'August'.
The 2020 vins look to be having a build date around 11th October. Waiting on a little bit more info to confirm.

Yay! Finally there's some love in the air for LR AWD!
Saw a hidden VIN just as I was contemplating on writing a whiny post to release some steam :)

5YJ3F7EB6LF5190XX - FYI @Vedaprime

No reservation, Pear White / Black / no FSD - ordered 8/10. Very excited!
Thanks new range. Looks like a new ship is being assigned today. Will wait for more info before posting what this all means. It will be a hidden vin frenzy probably today.

Reactions: Prof_Hutch
For those quoting vins, please make sure you quote four of the last 6 digitis. Some pepople are not comfortable sharing all 6 and that’s ok.

The first 4 digits of the last 6 will help identify ships and build dates as time goes by over the next 6 weeks.

Reactions: Anubis