Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else think they need to admit they have a problem when they have watched so many YouTube videos on the Model 3, including all the I just picked up my Tesla today ones that YouTube is starting to recommend ones from other languages as you have seen all the English ones? Just asking for a friend...

Also found myself watching a few "A day in the life on board a container ship" videos together with "Tours of my container ship cabin".

Guess what I spotted in Newstead just being delivered to the Fortitude Valley dealer...!!

Attachments

• 20191211_095228.jpg
    20191211_095228.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 56
So, with delivery tomorrow arvo, excitement is building to a magnificent crescendo :)

A few observations on the payment process for anyone who has been wondering. I can confirm that Citibank definitely supports the New Payments Platform, so if you are with a bank with modern systems, the transfers will be instant. The other thing that I found is that the receipting process for payments happens overnight in US time. In practise, this meant that a payment made from my Internet banking app to the special Citibank account as I was travelling in to work (maybe 0800?) was visible in the source code of the vehicle manage page by the afternoon of the same day, while payments that happened slightly later in the day were not visible until the next day. Either way, while the recommendation is 3 days ahead, you are probably pretty safe to cut that to early morning of the day before delivery, or even on the day of delivery if you are feeling adventurous.

Since my pickup is at 1700, I am trying to resist the temptation to immediately drive to the ChargeFox charger in Euroa via the back roads. Friday is a work day after all. Then again, it is only a 4-5 hour drive, sleep is for the weak!

So, with delivery tomorrow arvo, excitement is building to a magnificent crescendo :)

A few observations on the payment process for anyone who has been wondering. I can confirm that Citibank definitely supports the New Payments Platform, so if you are with a bank with modern systems, the transfers will be instant. The other thing that I found is that the receipting process for payments happens overnight in US time. In practise, this meant that a payment made from my Internet banking app to the special Citibank account as I was travelling in to work (maybe 0800?) was visible in the source code of the vehicle manage page by the afternoon of the same day, while payments that happened slightly later in the day were not visible until the next day. Either way, while the recommendation is 3 days ahead, you are probably pretty safe to cut that to early morning of the day before delivery, or even on the day of delivery if you are feeling adventurous.

Since my pickup is at 1700, I am trying to resist the temptation to immediately drive to the ChargeFox charger in Euroa via the back roads. Friday is a work day after all. Then again, it is only a 4-5 hour drive, sleep is for the weak!
As the day draws closer, the more anxiety builds up. What if they didn't get my rego form? What if the money did go through? What if they called and postpone on Friday?

Your post gave me the idea of checking the manage page. Thanks

btw, shouldn't your VIN show up on the vicroads VIN check? Or will the rego be activated on during the pick-up?

As the day draws closer, the more anxiety builds up. What if they didn't get my rego form? What if the money did go through? What if they called and postpone on Friday?

btw, shouldn't your VIN show up on the vicroads VIN check? Or will the rego be activated on during the pick-up?
I am not sure when the rego and VIN will show up in VicRoads, I suspect that paperwork will not be submitted until the vehicle is picked up.

I do know one other thing. Systems like Motorweb that do rego and VIN lookup to get details on your car will not work with any Tesla. This is because Tesla is not a member of the FCAI (Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries) so does not submit vehicle information to them. This is also why sales figures are hard to find. This means that trying to use the rego of any Tesla to do lookups by rego for insurance purposes may not always be very successful.

• Informative
Reactions: TASKA9
Polite email sent. Waiting is....

1st Stage waiting ended.... I received a nice reply to my polite request. Followed shortly by the Invoice (build Date 22/10) and rego forms. Gosh that's a big number at the end of the invoice.

Still expecting a delivery before the end of the year. (Yay!)

Initiate Process: Form Filling And Sending
Queue Process: 2nd Stage Waiting...
Background Process: Nervous Excitement

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! (Just practicing for drive home. ;))

1st Stage waiting ended.... I received a nice reply to my polite request. Followed shortly by the Invoice (build Date 22/10) and rego forms. Gosh that's a big number at the end of the invoice.

Still expecting a delivery before the end of the year. (Yay!)

Initiate Process: Form Filling And Sending
Queue Process: 2nd Stage Waiting...
Background Process: Nervous Excitement

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! (Just practicing for drive home. ;))
Not sure if I should set a polite request or just wait by the phonelines.
Hmmmm. I'll wait a bit longer.

Reactions: HappyPEJ

I had the same anxiety on delivery day. I walked up to the delivery centre thinking "Please have my car there and they haven't forked this up".

I was checking Vicroads for rego the day before and nothing. Checked it the afternoon of delivery and it was there. Makes sense they do it on delivery day to maximise your rego.

Finally delivered on the 10th. Cancelled 3 weeks ago and got talked back into purchase.
Very happy with "WHITE LIGHTNING" Many thanks to Jessica and Lauren for making things finally happen.
The input from Robyn was also very much appreciated. Thank you all.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-12-10 at 4.24.38 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-12-10 at 4.24.38 PM.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Something that just occurred to me... how soon before delivery do the cars get registered? I can see myself now checking the online QLD registry for my secret VIN everyday now that I have thought of it.

My dad is picking up my car in Brisbane tomorrow and I asked on Monday if I could get the plate numbers to pre-register with the apartment complex where I'm moving to on Saturday. I was told that they couldn't provide the registration details until the day of delivery.

I had the same anxiety on delivery day. I walked up to the delivery centre thinking "Please have my car there and they haven't forked this up".

I was checking Vicroads for rego the day before and nothing. Checked it the afternoon of delivery and it was there. Makes sense they do it on delivery day to maximise your rego.
Apart from the direct transfer which should be cleared some time today, I think I have everything all ready. Took a bit on my end to get things rolling.