Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery this week. Vanilla Fremont MYLR5. Had a couple issues with the exterior. Are these worth putting in a service request for?

• Right taillight isn't flush with body. Protrudes a bit and the top right sharp corner catches my finger when I feel it.View attachment 946005
  • On the driver side where the windshield meets the roof, a rubber seal under the roof is loose and damaged. I'm afraid of it getting worse and causing leaks.
  • View attachment 946006
I will definitely get the lights fixed. You mean the roof is leaking because of this sealant not being positioned properly in the second photo ?

Reactions: nitepain
Yes, my rear right taillight was exactly the same and they fixed it super nicely (my VIN is PF875xxx maybe yours was made on the same day by the same technician) for free (I have scheduled the service while accepting the car on the lot).
Upon receiving the car in the service the technician said it possibly cannot be fixed as it is bolted to the body so it is as it is.
But in the end what they did is unbolted from the body then re-bolted again and now it is nice and flush as it is on the left side to begin with :)
Thanks for the info! During my delivery, they told me they couldn't fix it without messing up the trunk alignment. I kinda thought that was a BS answer without them even trying to remount it. Guess I'll submit my service request and take my chances.

Reactions: Chrisyn
Can you do this, if there is time to your service appointment , can you try to seal it with something so that water does not get in ? I just get worried seeing these photos. Being in Florida where it rains almost every day this would have been a big big problem for me.
Thankfully I garage park it for now. I'm going to make a fuss about this if the service center says they don't want to fix it

My EDD updated for the 6th time this morning to 15-23 June
I called my local showroom to ask if they had any idea when the car may be arriving, and they stated that it wasn’t even halfway there even after traveling for the last 19 days. They said more than likely it wouldn’t even be arriving by the end of the quarter. Very discouraged, I asked for them to reach out to me if anything else with a similar configuration could be available within the next week.

By luck, I got a call about 10 minutes later stating that someone had just given up their VIN on a vehicle that was scheduled to arrive today “because it didn’t have HW4.” Same exact configuration except white instead of black exterior. Knowing my original car likely didn’t have it either, I jumped on the opportunity. I’ll be picking it up in a few hours. What a rollercoaster of a day!

Today was delivery day for our MYLR ordered April 22nd and I have to say, I got a cream puff. Every panel is flush and straight, balanced left to right, front to back, roof glass to front windshield is nice and tight / straight, no scratches, swirl marks and everything worked as expected. I used the "75 item" checksheet and found nothing wrong. If I had one complaint its that the red paint is 'dull' - you can't hardly see the metallic in it. That's sad since it is the most expensive color. Maybe it needs a good coat of wax.
Any way, hope all the rest of you April orders have the same luck!

Today was delivery day for our MYLR ordered April 22nd and I have to say, I got a cream puff. Every panel is flush and straight, balanced left to right, front to back, roof glass to front windshield is nice and tight / straight, no scratches, swirl marks and everything worked as expected. I used the "75 item" checksheet and found nothing wrong. If I had one complaint its that the red paint is 'dull' - you can't hardly see the metallic in it. That's sad since it is the most expensive color. Maybe it needs a good coat of wax.
Any way, hope all the rest of you April orders have the same luck!
Congrats! What's the 75 item checklist?

Congrats! What's the 75 item checklist?
Its a detailed "check this before accepting the car" document I found somewhere on this forum. Can't remember where I found it but here's a screenshot of the Word doc I copied it to...

Attachments

• 2023-06-13 08_20_07-MY Checklist.docx - Word.jpg
    2023-06-13 08_20_07-MY Checklist.docx - Word.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 118
My EDD updated for the 6th time this morning to 15-23 June
I called my local showroom to ask if they had any idea when the car may be arriving, and they stated that it wasn’t even halfway there even after traveling for the last 19 days. They said more than likely it wouldn’t even be arriving by the end of the quarter. Very discouraged, I asked for them to reach out to me if anything else with a similar configuration could be available within the next week.

By luck, I got a call about 10 minutes later stating that someone had just given up their VIN on a vehicle that was scheduled to arrive today “because it didn’t have HW4.” Same exact configuration except white instead of black exterior. Knowing my original car likely didn’t have it either, I jumped on the opportunity. I’ll be picking it up in a few hours. What a rollercoaster of a day!
Delivery was smooth and quick, no major issues except a small scratch on the black sill below the rear drivers side window. I’m not sure if it’s even worth reporting. Overall, even after a wait that felt like an eternity, I couldn’t be happier. To everyone still in the waiting room, the never ending wait is well worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_5937.jpeg
    IMG_5937.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 75
Texas
MYLR
Midnight Silver/ black interior
19" Gemini wheels
Order date: 4/24
EDD1: April- June
EDD2: 5/30 - 6/27
EDD3: 6/2 - 6/616
EDD4: 6/10-6/24
EDD5: Jun - Jul 2023

Update:
I got tired of waiting so decided to take a look at Tesla inventory. There was MY in Austin with the same configuraron extirpar different color (Blue) and I confirmed with the Tesla Advisor that it was HW4 so I swapped it out and got a VIN almost immediately.

EDD6: 6/15-6/24

The problem I'm running into now is finding an insurance company that will cover me! My wife filed like 8 windshield repairs (and 1 replacement) in 2018-2019 and every company is denying our application....
VIN assigned

Texas
MYLR
Midnight Silver/ black interior
19" Gemini wheels
Order date: 4/24
EDD1: April- June
EDD2: 5/30 - 6/27
EDD3: 6/2 - 6/616
EDD4: 6/10-6/24
EDD5: Jun - Jul 2023

Update:
I got tired of waiting so decided to take a look at Tesla inventory. There was MY in Austin with the same configuraron extirpar different color (Blue) and I confirmed with the Tesla Advisor that it was HW4 so I swapped it out and got a VIN almost immediately.

EDD6: 6/15-6/24

The problem I'm running into now is finding an insurance company that will cover me! My wife filed like 8 windshield repairs (and 1 replacement) in 2018-2019 and every company is denying our application....
VIN assigned
leave the wife out on the application?