Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to Tesla SA over the weekend. I asked about the HW4 on the MY. He is telling me that Tesla MY doesn't the HW4 at this present time. Are they BS with me on the HW4?
It “seems” like MYs made in Fremont stated shipping with HW4 about 5 days ago. Austin May be later in transitioning. Also, there may be some lag time on clearing out the hw3 units. I would guess that quicker deliveries may be matching existing stock vs late May builds.

Whether your SA knows anything - most probably don’t spend any time researching like we do. Tesla is not “announcing” the changeover, so why would an SA otherwise know?

LA, SoCal
MYLR White ext/Black int, 19", no tow, no upgrades
OD: 4/16
EDD1: May 12-June 9
EDD2: May 23-June 20
VIN: received 4/21
DD: June 1-8

Decided to switch to MYP today and was told by the sales rep I'd be put at the end of the line with June-July delivery. Four hours later, received a VIN for the MYP with same DD (June 1-8)! I checked the purchase agreement and it looks like they still have my order date as 4/16 so that might've helped.
Received VIN 5/21, EDD disappeared for a few days after that, and finally got the email to schedule delivery yesterday. Taking delivery this Saturday!

Reactions: Bucketz
That s real long. Have contact Tesla? I saw someone who ordered on 4/16, got the vin on 5/21. White exterior, no tow,19 wheel.
Yes I did reach out to multiple SA’s they said everything thing good on my side I just have to wait. Also that person you are referencing changed their order to a MYP. I have been tracking for a while everyday it’s pushed back a day. Currently it is 05/30-06/08

I get that some features could be added, removed, or changed from the time you place your order until delivery. That’s the Tesla way, and most people have accepted it. What’s really frustrating though is that two of the exact same configuration cars produced on the exact same day each at a different factory could have different hardware. First it was the matrix headlights which weren’t the biggest deal. Now it’s matrix headlights and HW4 from Fremont and most likely neither from Austin at this point in time.

Reactions: dudette