Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: Aug 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up today.
MYP (Fremont built)
OD: Aug13
EDD2: Aug 26-Sep8
2 miles on odometer

Everything was fine at delivery except for a rock chip in the windshield. Set up replacement appt right there. Took delivery and one mile later picked up 2nd rock chip as I got on the freeway!

Picked mine up today.
MYP (Fremont built)
2 miles on odometer

Everything was fine at delivery except for a rock chip in the windshield. Set up replacement appt right there. Took delivery and one mile later picked up 2nd rock chip as I got on the freeway!
Wow. That's bad. Are the windshields that vulnerable? My five year old Chevy has been hit by rocks and other debris multiple times, even had a wrench fall out of a utility company truck and hit dead center on windshield, and I don't have any chips yet.

Congratulations and good luck on the windshield.

My bad, I'm sorry. It's difficult to understand what people mean sometimes or how much they know.

I don't know about running separate models in batches. I do think they run batches of paint color, 5/7 seat, interior color, etc. I can't see them shutting down one assembly line to man another, but it wouldn't be the first thing that Tesla did which surprised me. I'm not even sure which vehicles are manufactured at which plant. I would think that when Tesla reaches the point that they are producing a surplus of Model Y's for the USA, they may start shipping to Canada or elsewhere.
I totally understand the internet's tendency to remove tone and other clues to help us understand how things were meant, and even in person, we are not 100% perfect. It is what it is, and I definitely think on a different wavelength than the people around me. So, I am no stranger to miscommunications; it is amazing that my girlfriend keeps putting up with me. I suppose the fact that she is a Marine helps; she's a little stubborn.  

Picked mine up today.
MYP (Fremont built)
2 miles on odometer

That is awful luck. I got a rock chip on my Model 3 within the first month of owning it, and it lead to my decision to buy a Model Y. Some construction vehicle threw a stone, and I watched it live (and on the cam later) fly from the tire to my windshield. It totally cracked the windshield pretty good. I had a growing crack for a couple of weeks until I got the windshield replaced. They did give me a Model S to drive for the day, which was cool, but it solidified my impression that the model 3/Y was better in some ways and an X or S wasn't worth the price difference to me. I really like the S, which don't get me wrong had some things that were definitely better than the 3/Y, but I actually missed my 3 overall. So, when my aforementioned GF wanted us to get an SUV, I knew I was going to get a Y instead of the X. Weird how something as simple as a rock chip can lead to purchasing decision a couple of years later. Hopefully, your chips lead to something better in the future for you too, and I am not sure if I should say that you are lucky or unlucky to have gotten the second chip when you did. Hopefully, Tesla will make it like new.

Got a offer from CarMax to sell my Model 3 for $1,100 more then Tesla's trade in value. Has anyone sold their car to CarMax? Do they remove it from your account right away? I'm going to be transferring my FSD to my new car and want to make sure the old car stays on my account till I accept delivery of my new Model Y.

Got a offer from CarMax to sell my Model 3 for $1,100 more then Tesla's trade in value. Has anyone sold their car to CarMax? Do they remove it from your account right away? I'm going to be transferring my FSD to my new car and want to make sure the old car stays on my account till I accept delivery of my new Model Y.
Can you transfer FSD when you sell to a third-party? I was thinking you could only transfer FSD if you do a trade-in.

Can you transfer FSD when you sell to a third-party? I was thinking you could only transfer FSD if you do a trade-in.
Yes, you can transfer FSD if you sell it to a third-party. The car just needs to be on your Tesla account when you accept delivery of your new car. Once you press Accept Delivery then both cars will reboot a few times and FSD will transfer.

Reactions: Mr. Decaf
Just got my Vin and new dates:
Vin: PF851……
EDD: Aug 21 to 27
I picked up mine 8/25 could have picked up 8/21 but had to move it to the 25th.

MYLR
Blue
5 Seat - Black
19 " Gemini wheels
OD: Aug 3
ODD: Aug-Sept
EDD: Aug 21 to 27
VIN: PF851
Hw4 and Matrix Headlights
Built 8/23 and from Fremont

Everything went smooth with the Pick up and FSD Transfer which happened during the pickup and was instant. There was one little issue with the gasket along the roofline and I've taken pictures and made an appointment. There was a guy picking up in front of me with a mile long checklist and the SC agents told him that upon pickup, you have like 7 days to report build issues and to just report them on the app. But to go ahead and do what you wanted. They gave us all the time we wanted to check out the vehicle. Again, mine is great except one very minor issue. I will say, that its so much pleasurable buying a car this way, if it wasn't for the FSD drama (which wasn't bad but seemed very disorganized) it would have been no stress.

The matrix lights are really bright and the ride is so much better then my old 2019 M3. Definitely not as fast or nimble BUT I didn't know I can buy the acceleration boost for 2k someday if I want to get it to a 1/2 sec quicker. Will do at some point, but right now I'm down the rabbit hole buying accessories.

The lack of FSD beta is offset right now with the fact that there is enough new bits of software and hardware like the boombox to check out and play with that I'll be ok for awhile and look forward to getting it back. Someday. Sigh.

All in all, very happy!

Mine was tomorrow and rescheduled for Thursday; they’re planning to be back open by 1pm at the St. Pete location.
Yea they told me all appointments will be back to normal on Saturday (day of my appointment) but they wont know for sure until this time tomorrow at least because they have to see what type of damage it will cause the city. 100% Understandable. Plus with labor day weekend traffic is gonna be crazy either way.