Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a 2018 Model 3 with FSD.
I found another thread on this forum that says there may be a glitch in Tesla's backend systems that is preventing the transfer from working with 2018 Model 3's that have FSD, but the system doesn't recognize it. Sweet :) ! If anyone knows of a great escalation protocol let me know. I can't imagine this is what Elon wants to happen.
I traded in a 2018 Model 3 with FSD and the transfer went smoothly. I signed the form and later that day I went to drive my car and it showed a "Your Autopilot has returned to its original configuration" message and FSD was removed from the vehicle.

MYLR
White
5 white seats
19" wheels
OD: July 3
EDD: None
VIN: None

This will be my first EV.
Picked it up from their Express Delivery today. That's where I had to go across town, buy the car and drive it home. It was rush hour. Fortunately a friend suggested that I take a toll road, which I did. It's a fast highway and a very pleasant drive, unlike the crowded public freeway through town. Once I got past the initial stress, I enjoyed the drive.

I had time to examine the car using that detailed checklist I got from this forum before handing over all that money. Everything seemed fine. Noise going home was within reason. The car had 89% charge when I got it and 71% at the house. I'd made an arrangement with the friend, who is buying my old car, to hold off that closing until the Tesla proved okay, and right now I have a lot more confidence in it. Some of the posts to this forum are a bit scary. Mine was fine. I suppose most are.

I had gotten a set of Tasmanian all-weather floor mats and a Weathertech windshield sunshade. All fit fine.

I think I got a good one!

Reactions: Alonzo
I traded in a 2018 Model 3 with FSD and the transfer went smoothly. I signed the form and later that day I went to drive my car and it showed a "Your Autopilot has returned to its original configuration" message and FSD was removed from the vehicle.
Interesting. Did you buy FSD at the same time as your Model 3, or upgrade to FSD later? I bought EAP and then upgraded to FSD when Elon announced the $2000 special. Maybe I got "bargain FSD" that doesn't qualify?!?

So, how did it go? How is your new car? Clean and beautiful I hope.

Did you see the other one they were trying to sell you? Was it damaged?
It indeed was damaged - looked like the door had been banged up somehow. I was able to transfer to another MY, though, and pick it up the next day. Drove it home, parked it in my garage, and three hours later it was undriveable. List of errors, wouldn't steer or stay in Drive. They towed to a service center, where it's been sitting for 10 days waiting on a new steering rack (which they "hope" will fix the issue). The service center and Roadside Assistance were/have been great, but I'm super bummed to be missing out on the whole "new car" experience.

It indeed was damaged - looked like the door had been banged up somehow. I was able to transfer to another MY, though, and pick it up the next day. Drove it home, parked it in my garage, and three hours later it was undriveable. List of errors, wouldn't steer or stay in Drive. They towed to a service center, where it's been sitting for 10 days waiting on a new steering rack (which they "hope" will fix the issue). The service center and Roadside Assistance were/have been great, but I'm super bummed to be missing out on the whole "new car" experience.
What a bummer. Did they at least give you a loaner Tesla?

Seems like it was "give out VINs" day at Tesla.
milhouse-simpsons.gif

What is the Vision Only warning?
Pretty sure he means a warning message that the ultrasonic sensors have been removed and parking proximity warnings are based on cameras only. Surprised they're still doing that.

My delivery is scheduled for Monday at 3PM, assuming the FSD transfer issue gets fixed.
It's now Friday evening and I have not yet been given final payment instructions or final paperwork, perhaps due to the FSD transfer holdup.
That said:
1) Should I expect any updates over the weekend or will it be silence until Monday?
2) Is there any way Monday delivery can still happen? How far in advance of delivery does Tesla need the final payment? This will be my third Tesla but the last one was five years ago and I think I did payment several days before delivery then.

My delivery is scheduled for Monday at 3PM, assuming the FSD transfer issue gets fixed.
It's now Friday evening and I have not yet been given final payment instructions or final paperwork, perhaps due to the FSD transfer holdup.
That said:
1) Should I expect any updates over the weekend or will it be silence until Monday?
2) Is there any way Monday delivery can still happen? How far in advance of delivery does Tesla need the final payment? This will be my third Tesla but the last one was five years ago and I think I did payment several days before delivery then.
I received lot's of texts and emails on the weekend.

MYLR
Red
5 Seat - White interior
Tow hitch - Gotta haul the e-bikes!
19 " Gemini wheels
OD: July 1st
ODD: June - July
EDD: July 30 - Aug 21
VIN: VIN assigned 7/28

Scheduled pickup - 8/2 @ 5:30 PM at the Service Center.

VIN: 7SAYGDEE7PF844***

WOOHOO!!! So excited.

Ugh. I guess if I’m going to pull the trigger on an MYP with the FSD transfer I better do it soon. The site still says July/August for estimated delivery, but with the plant shutdown I can see that getting pushed out beyond 9/30 after I order and then my FSD transfer disappears into the void.