Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just ordered a new Model Y with FSD transfer and trade-in of my current Model 3. I did not want an inventory car specifically because of the risk that an inventory car might not have HW4. I am not financing the car purchase. However I expect to be out of town during delivery and through the end of the quarter when the FSD transfer program is active. Originally my Tesla advisor told me they can drop off the new car and pick up the old car from my home and I can confirm acceptance remotely via the mobile app. Now (after I put in the order), I am being told that delivery and pickup of old car require my physical presence and a manual signature-on-paper process.

Has anyone run into this issue and solved it? Do people have ideas for a workaround?
I'm in much the same situation - don't have a delivery date yet and I'm rapidly approaching the day I turn into a pumpkin until the end of September. I'm replying in hopes of keeping this question in front of more eyes. Tesla's terms for delivery seem to offer no wiggle room, but is it possible to be represented at delivery by someone carrying a notarized power-of-attorney?

I'm in much the same situation - don't have a delivery date yet and I'm rapidly approaching the day I turn into a pumpkin until the end of September. I'm replying in hopes of keeping this question in front of more eyes. Tesla's terms for delivery seem to offer no wiggle room, but is it possible to be represented at delivery by someone carrying a notarized power-of-attorney?

States may be different, and my case was in 2021. My Parents bought a Y for cash with no trade-in. They live in a state with no Tesla delivery, so they decided to have it delivered to a service center in my state (MN). The delivery date moved up to before they had planned to travel here. I was able to pick it up for them. They just had to accept the car in the app.

Hello folks! Newbie here so hope I do this right:

MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" Wheels
5 Seat - White Interior
Tow Package
OD: July 30
ODD: July-August 2023
EDD: TBD
VIN: TBD

I am an existing Model 3 owner so this will be my second Tesla. I am trading in my M3LR to take advantage of the one time FSD transfer - which I paid much less for than what it costs now! Initial trade-in estimate is in the ballpark of other estimates, so I will likely stay with the Tesla offer unless the final trade-in value radically changes - though some posts now have me nervous! I assume it will be much easier to transfer the FSD if I trade-in, so hope it does not change.

Update:
MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" Wheels
5 Seat - White Interior
Tow Package
ODD: August-September 2023 (Delay)

Bad news. Looks like delivery slipped. Hope I can still take delivery by 9/30 before FSD transfer expires. And of course trade in value will probably go down further… bummer.

Update:

Got my VIN. Unfortunately might not get my car as soon as hoped.

MYP
Blue
5 Seat - White
Tow
OD: July 25
ODD: July - Aug
EDD: August 14 - 21 (moved from original estimate August 1 - August 15…boo, hope to have it for a trip on the 18th)
VIN: Issued July 31
Don't have an "official" delivery day yet in the app, but today via text (when I finally got a response about accepting the financing terms; answer: I can wait), I was just told they expect my Y to arrive "on site" by Aug 9.

Update:
MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" Wheels
5 Seat - White Interior
Tow Package
ODD: August-September 2023 (Delay)

Bad news. Looks like delivery slipped. Hope I can still take delivery by 9/30 before FSD transfer expires. And of course trade in value will probably go down further… bummer.

Boy did I cry wolf!!

Update 2:
MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" Wheels
5 Seat - White Interior
Tow Package
ODD: August-September 2023
EDD: August 17 - August 23 (Updated)
VIN: Assigned (Updated)

I should learn to be more patient…

Reactions: BagheeraNY
I also discovered that separate $350 Homelink hardware must be purchased in order to link to my garage door opened. This came with my 2018 Model 3 but is no longer included. This hardware is currently out of stock and can't be ordered.
I was in the same boat. They apparently stopped shipping with Homelink pretty early on but my 2018 M3 had it. If you don't mind DIY, there's a guy on ebay selling them.... price has crept up to $199 shipped but it beats the $350 Tesla price. Current listing is 385887486670 and his userid is element_1-7. I ordered mine on Saturday after I picked my MYLR up and it arrived yesterday. Check out the Youtube videos to see the install.

There's also a MyQ option which may be better for some people but I try to avoid annual fees (even though it's only $45 in this case).

There are threads on both options here on the forum.

I have just ordered a new Model Y with FSD transfer and trade-in of my current Model 3. I did not want an inventory car specifically because of the risk that an inventory car might not have HW4. I am not financing the car purchase. However I expect to be out of town during delivery and through the end of the quarter when the FSD transfer program is active. Originally my Tesla advisor told me they can drop off the new car and pick up the old car from my home and I can confirm acceptance remotely via the mobile app. Now (after I put in the order), I am being told that delivery and pickup of old car require my physical presence and a manual signature-on-paper process..

Has anyone run into this issue and solved it? Do people have ideas for a workaround?
I had the exact t same issue. I'm traveling and asked them to extend the pickup date from this Friday to Monday, and was told no. They gave me two options 1: Place my account on a 14 day hold. You then lose the assigned car. Then wait a few days and take the hold off. Supposedly you don't lose your spot in the queue and will get another VIN/Delivery date soon. 2: Add an option to the car. I added the tow hitch. This doesn't put your account on hold, you lose the first VIN since that car doesn't meet your order, and should get a new VIN in a few days. I did this Tuesday so I'll let you know when I get a new VIN. I really don't get why they wouldn't hold the car for the weekend for me, but sometime Tesla doesn't make sense. That said I love my Model Y and willing to put up with these "speed bumps" to upgrade. FYI, FSD doesn't slow down for "speed bump"

I had the exact t same issue. I'm traveling and asked them to extend the pickup date from this Friday to Monday, and was told no. They gave me two options 1: Place my account on a 14 day hold. You then lose the assigned car. Then wait a few days and take the hold off. Supposedly you don't lose your spot in the queue and will get another VIN/Delivery date soon. 2: Add an option to the car. I added the tow hitch. This doesn't put your account on hold, you lose the first VIN since that car doesn't meet your order, and should get a new VIN in a few days. I did this Tuesday so I'll let you know when I get a new VIN. I really don't get why they wouldn't hold the car for the weekend for me, but sometime Tesla doesn't make sense. That said I love my Model Y and willing to put up with these "speed bumps" to upgrade. FYI, FSD doesn't slow down for "speed bump"
Man they are really hardasses when it comes to the delivery window. I'm going to be out of town for 5 days at the end of the month I hope that my delivery date doesn't get set for while I'm gone!

Still waiting on my delivery day (probably next week? Crossing fingers), but in the meantime my wall charger arrived today and I installed it. Don’t have anything to charge, but it’s there LOL.

Feels like I’m “nesting”, like when we had our first kid…

Attachments

• 487DA0A1-571C-4A53-B3DC-241D8BEC0B98.jpeg
    487DA0A1-571C-4A53-B3DC-241D8BEC0B98.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 85
What is everyones go to credit union for the best rates? The tesla website is saying 6% right now!? Totally insane, I can't believe anyone would finance a car at 6% lol
Ultimate cost is a function of price and rate. I’m not thrilled about current rates, but I’m better off buying now than when the price was much higher and the FSD transfer didn’t exist. It’s not even close.