Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Gray 7 Seater 19” Gemini
OD- 05/06
ODD- May to June 2023
1st EDD (5/15): 05/29-06/26
No Vin yet

Long Island, NY
UPDATE:
2nd EDD (5/28)- 06/02-06/16

Delivery task for “final payment due” appeared yesterday.
UPDATE:

Woke up to VIN being assigned (sent 3AM EST)
3rd EDD (6/3)- 06/17-06/24
Task to add insurance appeared.

We’re not worried about HW3 vs HW4, but for those that are curious, VIN PF796.

Hoping our EDD updates to a sooner date for delivery!
UPDATE:

Reached out to our SA via text and they confirmed Matrix headlights and build date of 6/2.

Didn’t bother asking about HW4 because we couldn’t care less lol. Tbh when we ordered, we didn’t have any concern for the hardware. Whether HW3 or HW4, we were confident with its safety and features :)
UPDATE:

Received a text this morning (6/8) at 9:01 AM EST asking to schedule delivery! Earliest was for 6/17 but scheduled for 6/18.

Hoping all goes well on delivery/pick up day!

In regards to trade-in, Tesla definitely low balls. So far, CarMax has given the best offer.
We want back to CarMax to get another appraisal two weeks later bc the offer expired (we only went the first time to see how much they would offer while waiting for Tesla to send us a trade-in off). After we received the trade-in offer from Tesla, we quickly rejected it bc it was $3,900 less than what CarMax offered. This allowed us to have a game plan as far as what to expect with rental cars, drop offs, etc.

Anyway, the offer from CarMax went down $500 from the offer they gave two weeks prior. But, we decided to resubmit our trade-in to Tesla just to see if the offer would change. Submitted the offer 6/9 and heard back today (6/13) after our SA contacted the trade in team. The offer went up $2,300 from the first offer they sent! We were hoping for a certain value to at least even consider taking the trade-in over CarMax bc of the additional tax trade-in value we would receive. It ended up being more than what CarMax offered in total.

So, we rescheduled our pick up a day earlier for 6/17 since we don’t need to dedicate a day for dropping off the car to CarMax!
FINAL UPDATE:
Received a text that our MYLR arrived early and was available for pick up as early as 6/14. Scheduled pick up for yesterday 6/15 and it took longer than expected. Arrived for 5pm appt and didn’t leave until about 7:30pm. Took them a while bc they were helping another customer with his pick up order and we sort of got lost in the mix. We found only a few minor misalignments while in the pick up floor upstairs. When it was outside under the sun, we realized the lighting upstairs was horrible and hid a lot of the imperfections, like paint chips and uneven paint job. Thankfully, one of the ladies that worked in service came out and caught a lot of things that needed to be fixed that we didn’t notice. She was nice enough to check the whole exterior for us and documented it, since she said she knew what to look for.

All in all, the staff was very friendly and we got our trade in through with no issues. Hope everyone has a good experience with picking up and taking their MYs home!

I guess such items are only included on luxury vehicles....................like my last four Chevy pickups.
Not entirely true. I've heard reports that some MY owners have it preinstalled from Tesla PPF/Mudflaps, but apparently it is tied to region or so we are led to believe. That's why I was curious because I had already ordered mine, and I just wanted to make sure I still needed them.

Update to share: SA advised me that my MYP is currently inbound (in transit) from CA to Houston. So excited!

Reactions: AbblePC
Order date 5/4/23 - delivery on 6/14 a day earlier than originally scheduled for the 15th.

Was constantly given accelerated delivery options, which we ignored while anxiously awaiting the specific config we ordered and Vin didn’t come until 6/1 - immediately uploaded insurance and made payment via ACH hoping to hurry delivery, yet still waited until 6/8 for delivery schedule email alert for which we set for the 15th and then later was given a choice on the 10th for delivery on the 14th. So from start to finish almost a month and a half.

Now installing the frunk automatic opener/closer and other accessories like rear media controller screen & floor/trunk mats etc. soon to schedule for Homelink garage opener like our Model S had built in.

The biggest accessory upgrade anticipation will be the auto frunk, it has been a game changer already on our model S as well.
Would you mind sharing link to where you got the auto frunk opener/closer?

Order date 5/4/23 - delivery on 6/14 a day earlier than originally scheduled for the 15th.

Was constantly given accelerated delivery options, which we ignored while anxiously awaiting the specific config we ordered and Vin didn’t come until 6/1 - immediately uploaded insurance and made payment via ACH hoping to hurry delivery, yet still waited until 6/8 for delivery schedule email alert for which we set for the 15th and then later was given a choice on the 10th for delivery on the 14th. So from start to finish almost a month and a half.

Now installing the frunk automatic opener/closer and other accessories like rear media controller screen & floor/trunk mats etc. soon to schedule for Homelink garage opener like our Model S had built in.

The biggest accessory upgrade anticipation will be the auto frunk, it has been a game changer already on our model S as well.
can you share links to the frunk opener & the rear media controller? TIA

MYLR
Blue
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 1
ODD: May - June
EDD: June 1 - June 30 (on 05/14)
EDD2:June 11 - June 18(on 05/27)
EDD3:June 12 - June 19(on 06/12)
EDD4:June 13 - June 20(on 06/13)
EDD5:June 14 - June 21(on 06/14)
EDD5:June 15 - June 22(on 06/15)
VIN: Assigned on 05/27
MYLR
Blue
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 1
EDD: June 1 - June 30 (on 05/14)
EDD2:June 11 - June 18(on 05/27)
EDD3:June 12 - June 19(on 06/12)
EDD4:June 13 - June 20(on 06/13)
EDD5:June 14 - June 21(on 06/14)
EDD6:June 15 - June 22(on 06/15)
EDD7:June 16 - June 23(on 06/16)
VIN: Assigned on 05/27
:)

MYLR
White
5 Seat Black and Black Interior
No Tow
19" Gemini
OD: May 02
EDD: May-June
EDD 2: May 24-June 21
EDD 3: June 08-June 30
EDD 4: June 12-June 26
EDD 5: June 13-June 26
EDD 6: June 14-June 26
EDD 7: June 15-June 27
EDD 8: June 16-June 27
No Vin

I hope I’m not waiting that long. I ordered June 12th, VIN received on June 13th, EDD said June-July, and then updated to June 28- June 30 and hasn’t changed.

Giving my VIN to the person on Reddit said my car was born on June 13th. I’m in Maine too so literally the furthest away from Fremont, but I will be picking up in NJ.

You think they will let you push out the delivery date? How do you approach that?
Not sure exactly. Can't imagine they'd put me back in the queue. The message said they will reach out when its ready to schedule delivery. Kind of wonder if they are trying to get it delivered before June 30, but I'd need it by the 25th vs the 28-30 window - so seems unlikely. Will probably just address it when someone reaches out again (unless anyone else has better info).

MYLR: White/Black 19” No add on

OD: May 3
EDD: June 8 - June 30
EDD 2: June 12 - June 26
EDD 3: June 13 - June 26
EDD 4: June 14 - June 26
EDD 5: June 15 - June 27
EDD 6: June 16 - June 27
VIN: TBD
Bay Area

Do you guys think they’re gonna push me over to July?

Would you mind sharing link to where you got the auto frunk opener/closer?

can you share links to the frunk opener & the rear media controller? TIA
For reference & pricing examples.. The auto frunk for my Model S was from Dr Tesla (Yahasun). They also have power frunks for Model Y, 3 & X in case you choose them over Hansshow or other brands below and they ship domestic from Fremont CA not China or South Vietnam.

For the Model Y counterparts:
Model Y Frunk opener/closer - Watch this video before you install the 2023 Model Y power frunk kit. Special note: be aware of various differences in year iterations and firmware upgrades. Use code DAD when ordering Hansshow for 15% discount.
If you wish to use their install services at Tes Studio, they are located in Tustin, CA & contact info is on their page.
EV Offer MY Electric Frunk
Hansshow MY Frunk
Yahasun MY 20-23 Frunk

Model Y Rear Entertainment Console - Kim Java YouTube video on installation. Use code Kim30 for $30 discount and updated revision model When ordering.
Hanshow rear console
TSPortline rear console - use KIM30 code.

I’ll update this post as I see changes in urls or pricing / order locations etc..

I hope I’m not waiting that long. I ordered June 12th, VIN received on June 13th, EDD said June-July, and then updated to June 28- June 30 and hasn’t changed.

Giving my VIN to the person on Reddit said my car was born on June 13th. I’m in Maine too so literally the furthest away from Fremont, but I will be picking up in NJ.
Wow. Lucky you. There's folks waiting over a month with no VIN. You must be the only one to order with a Unicorn Hood Ornament.

Reactions: Cata
MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
Denver, CO

Hold expired yesterday and got a new VIN today. Based on VIN, its new production and HW4.0. The delivery estimate is good but concerning. If it arrives before July 1 and Tesla won't let me move delivery to July 1 or later, I will have to cancel the order and start over because of the Colorado tax incentive change that starts July 1st.

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
Denver, CO

Hold expired yesterday and got a new VIN today. Based on VIN, its new production and HW4.0. The delivery estimate is good but concerning. If it arrives before July 1 and Tesla won't let me move delivery to July 1 or later, I will have to cancel the order and start over because of the Colorado tax incentive change that starts July 1st.
My guess (completely unsupported by data or inside knowledge or anything else) is that there is a high likelihood it would get pushed into July. Look at all the EDD updated on 6/14 (mine included), it is some time between June XX - June 30. Lots of folks in the June waiting room got EDD that ended June 30. Speculation is that Tesla is trying to make quarter end numbers, trying to deliver as many cars by the end of June so they're notifying customers, but if they can't, then it gets moved into July. Good luck!:)

Does anyone know if they still charge the transport/destination fee even if you’re picking up the car instead of having it delivered? I will be picking up from Fremont so I don’t see why they would still charge the fee, they literally make it there…
They charge the destination fee irrespective of where you pick it. If you're picking 2miles away from factory too