Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Paramus did the same less than 24hours to delivery. Confirmed at 11am and resched by 5pm. Already took a day off from work. Might lose tax credits depending on the irs update. Such a great “tech” company

The guidance reads that it will go into effect +1 day following the announcement. Therefore, you're still good to go if something is announced today, provided that you take delivery tomorrow.

Having said that, I still suspect they'll wait until tomorrow, Friday, to release anything.

Reactions: T3SL4YP
Sounds like several publications are saying all variants of the Model Y (LR and P) should still qualify for the full $7500 EV credit, even after the US Treasury/IRS officially releases their guidelines. Thought I read that both the MYLR and MYP use Panasonic batteries, which satisfies the battery component & critical minerals requirements of this EV credit.

So, I thought the only Tesla vehicle that is in sure jeopardy of losing some of the credit is the M3 SR (with the LFP batteries, which are sourced from China).

Looks like the delivery date on my MYP has been delayed from 3/31 (tomorrow) to 4/1 or possibly later (delayed in transit, apparently).

Reactions: Mr_Joe
Sounds like several publications are saying all variants of the Model Y (LR and P) should still qualify for the full $7500 EV credit, even after the US Treasury/IRS officially releases their guidelines. Thought I read that both the MYLR and MYP use Panasonic batteries, which satisfies the battery component & critical minerals requirements of this EV credit.

So, I thought the only Tesla vehicle that is in sure jeopardy of losing some of the credit is the M3 SR (with the LFP batteries, which are sourced from China).

Looks like the delivery date on my MYP has been delayed from 3/31 (tomorrow) to 4/1 or possibly later (delayed in transit, apparently).

Where did you read the article at? Also, my MYP delivery date got pushed back from 28th to 31st.
And it looks like the rep is confident that MYP isn't a problem getting the tax credit. But who knows?

Where did you read the article at? Also, my MYP delivery date got pushed back from 28th to 31st.
And it looks like the rep is confident that MYP isn't a problem getting the tax credit. But who knows?
I don’t recall exactly where, but I think the links to the various articles/publications I read/mentioned were posted by others in the general tax credit thread.

My local sales advisor told me that unofficially, Tesla has told their employees that they expect the MYP and MYLR to remain eligible for the full $7500 credit even after the battery guidelines are released. However, since there is nothing official, Tesla employees are not allowed to tell customers that those vehicles will continue to remain fully eligible. We shall see… tomorrow I guess…

I don’t recall exactly where, but I think the links to the various articles/publications I read/mentioned were posted by others in the general tax credit thread.

My local sales advisor told me that unofficially, Tesla has told their employees that they expect the MYP and MYLR to remain eligible for the full $7500 credit even after the battery guidelines are released. However, since there is nothing official, Tesla employees are not allowed to tell customers that those vehicles will continue to remain fully eligible. We shall see… tomorrow I guess…
I'm hopeful for others waiting on delivery that the MY retains the full $7,500. Sure I ordered a MYP over the MYLR in order to get it in March before any change so it would have been nice to not spend another few thousand when perhaps I didn't need to. But I'm sure I'll enjoy the MYP enough to forget about that eventually.

What will be interesting to see is how other non-Telsa's are affected by the revised guidance and does that lead to any pricing changes - both for Telsa and its competitors.

I took delivery yesterday. The lot was full and cars were parked beyond the numbered spots in the Houston SC. Tesla texted me the morning of delivery date that my temp plate won’t be available as so many others but I’m okay to take delivery. I drove it 25 miles home without plates at my own risk :)
Everything looked good except a minor issue with the driver’s window that doesn’t roll up automatically. Half of the time it does and the other half rolls back with obstacle detection error. Scheduled service next week to address it.
Other than that the car is great.

Good luck to everyone taking delivery!

I took delivery yesterday. The lot was full and cars were parked beyond the numbered spots in the Houston SC. Tesla texted me the morning of delivery date that my temp plate won’t be available as so many others but I’m okay to take delivery. I drove it 25 miles home without plates at my own risk :)
Everything looked good except a minor issue with the driver’s window that doesn’t roll up automatically. Half of the time it does and the other half rolls back with obstacle detection error. Scheduled service next week to address it.

Mine (from houston) didn’t have temp tags either, I texted and they emailed them to me so I just printed/laminated at home

Took delivery about 2 weeks ago and my driver window did it once and hasn’t since. I’m wondering if it has to do with the tight door seals when new. I don’t have to close the doors soo hard anymore either.

Everything looked good except a minor issue with the driver’s window that doesn’t roll up automatically. 50% of the time
Mine (from houston) didn’t have temp tags either, I texted and they emailed them to me so I just printed/laminated at home
yes, they emailed them to me just a couple of hours after I arrived home.

For vehicles placed in service on or after April 18, 2023, the credit amount will depend on the vehicle meeting the critical minerals requirement ($3,750) and/or the battery components requirement ($3,750). A vehicle meeting neither requirement will not be eligible for a credit, a vehicle meeting only one requirement may be eligible for a $3,750 credit, and a vehicle meeting both requirements may be eligible forthe full $7,500 credit. For vehicles placed in service before or on April 17, 2023, the credit is calculated as a $2,500 base amount plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 7 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours, up to an additional $5,000 beyond the base amount. In general, the minimum credit amount will be $3,751 ($2,500 + 3 * $417), representing the credit amount for a vehicle with the required minimum of 7 kilowatt hours of battery capacity