Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was wrong with yours? I was able to determine by the VIN that I'm not getting a hairpin motor which sucks.... I hope my delivery goes well. I am out of town but the car has arrived. Pick up on the 29th...
Big panel gaps by the hatchback arms and taillights, seat leather tear, misaligned driver door, rear bumper doesnt match the body color, and SC scratched the paint while adjusting liftgate for gaps.

Tesla is pumping out cars like crazy right now.., if you dont like what you are seeing during delivery, just reject the car and get a new VIN. You will save a lot more time and avoid heartache by waiting for new vin than visiting SC for repairs. Trust me, it’s been about 1 month since delivery and my issues are still not fixed

Reactions: AJ..
Big panel gaps by the hatchback arms and taillights, seat leather tear, misaligned driver door, rear bumper doesnt match the body color, and SC scratched the paint while adjusting liftgate for gaps.

Tesla is pumping out cars like crazy right now.., if you dont like what you are seeing during delivery, just reject the car and get a new VIN. You will save a lot more time and avoid heartache by waiting for new vin than visiting SC for repairs. Trust me, it’s been about 1 month since delivery and my issues are still not fixed
What color? The gaps are what bother me the most. Seems there is enough variability in the assembly of the frames that when the panels are installed it can be difficult to get a perfect fit if both the frame and the panels are at the opposite ends of the adjustment limits.

Just an observation......I have owned several new cars and I wonder if I would have ever noticed or been as concerned had I learned as much about the other cars as I have about the Tesla.... Maybe, but probably not....

MYP White/White int
OD: 2/9
EDD: Feb - Mar 2024
No VIN yet

Transferring FSD Beta from 2020 MYP White/Black int/Tow Hitch

We recently traded a 2018 M3P with FSD Beta transfer for a 2023 MYP. The ride of the 2023 MYP is a world of a difference from the 2020 MYP.

MYP White/White int
OD: 2/9
EDD: Feb - Mar 2024
No VIN yet

Transferring FSD Beta from 2020 MYP White/Black int/Tow Hitch

We recently traded a 2018 M3P with FSD Beta transfer for a 2023 MYP. The ride of the 2023 MYP is a world of a difference from the 2020 MYP.
Update:
Received notice re: temporary feature reduction due to removal of ultrasonic sensors in favor of Tesla Vision on 2/13.
VIN assigned 2/13
EDD: 2/15 - 2/22

Update:
Received notice re: temporary feature reduction due to removal of ultrasonic sensors in favor of Tesla Vision on 2/13.
VIN assigned 2/13
EDD: 2/15 - 2/22
Update received 2/15: "As of Tues. 2/13, Tesla does not have the authorization to deliver any Model Y Performances at the moment. We are waiting on the EPA to sign off on the current Firmware. We are expected to receive this sign off by March 1st, 2024, hopefully sooner. We cannot deliver your Model Y until this is complete"

Update received 2/15: "As of Tues. 2/13, Tesla does not have the authorization to deliver any Model Y Performances at the moment. We are waiting on the EPA to sign off on the current Firmware. We are expected to receive this sign off by March 1st, 2024, hopefully sooner. We cannot deliver your Model Y until this is complete"
I'm waiting on a MYP as well that says 2/29 - 3/7. How did you receive that notice? Through the app? Text? Email?

I'm waiting on a MYP as well that says 2/29 - 3/7. How did you receive that notice? Through the app? Text? Email?
Because I am transferring FSD from my 2020 MYP, I asked via the in-app messaging about how to accomplish that. The Tesla advisor sent me an email with the form and I replied to that form with the executed agreement for FSD transfer. He then thanked me and replied with a confirmation and as an aside, included that information in the email confirmation.

I was going to wait till mid-late March to see if they'll do the $5,000 inventory discount again, but this blue demo YLR popped up this afternoon. I had to work overtime, so had plenty of time to think about it. Got home a little while ago and it was still available. $3,920 inventory & demo discount + $1,000 Y discount, close enough to the $5,000 discount they had back in January.

Est delivery Feb 29-Mar7. the Y is in Austin, I'm in Houston.

Tesla Y LR.jpg