Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an update today from my SA. First off, I haven't had the piss poor experiences with my SA that most people sound like they have had. My guy is a genuinely good dude and he gives what information he can, with the caveat that I essentially not be dumb about my expectations regarding that info. Sounds like Tesla's internal software forecasts a tentative VIN date for my MYP on 1/17, tentative delivery here in Seattle of 1/19.

I asked if I was close to a car in December but then got screwed by the winter weather, and he said there isn't any sign of that in the system. So that was interesting I guess.

Who knows how helpful or accurate any of this info is (as always), but its another data point.
How do you even get a SA?
I did everything online. Haven’t been matched to a SA only

Reactions: gvme
How do you even get a SA?
I did everything online. Haven’t been matched to a SA only
i think I was assigned one because it was the person who was helping me at the test drive. She was the one who organized the temp licenses and then gave me a key, when he’ll answer questions after the test drive. Unfortunately she left for a job at GIGA Austin in the summer and I was never reassigned another. She was very helpful and actually had a lot of knowledge about the entire process and cars compared to some of the answers I would get now when I call.

According to Sawyer Merrits tweet “all Model Y shipping out of Fremont right now already have these changes in them. The only one I'm not sure if it's already gone live is the heated wiper park.”

These changes include AMD chip, new li-ion battery and more. Here’s hoping he is right

For those who received their cars at the SC, what is touches delivery like at the SC? Did you talk to anyone or did they check anything before you can drive your car away? Also, is Tesla direct available in Washington? I'm in Des Moines, so I might expect to pick up the car at the SC in Renton.

MYLR7 - midnight silver - black interior - induction wheels - 7-seater - no tow - no FSD
Order and profile complete: 8/18
Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 1/08 - 02/05

Its raining VINs on this forum, but things seem pretty static with my order 🤔

Well, damn. Back into the June delivery window, from 18 March - 15 April 2022.

Some talk that it's related to the new Li-ion 12v battery & tow package issues.... and some thinking that it might be them just not knowing what the Texas plant will be able to do? So annoying...

I stopped into Lynnwood yesterday to discuss with the sales advisors. They were very understanding and friendly. I wanted to understand what would happen with my rate which is lower than current rates. They indicated I would be "likely" getting a VIN sometime next week based on their estimates.

MYP MSM FSD

When that Texas plant comes online, that should take care of the east side of the country and we should be getting ours quicker.
Hopefully. Wife and I have been planning vacations for the year, and having to plan around a shifting delivery date is a pain (plus having the Y and the ability to tow will make yard work much, much easier).