Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web Browser?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first post but an emphatic voice of support -

1. Enable Web browser
  2. Enable Homelink (or an alternate internet based offering such such as Garagio)
  3. Fob only summon is a must (the current 3g takes too long and is hit and miss in underground car parks - not to mention when GPS is inaccurate and disables summons).

I'll add to the list and include recognition of dynamic speed signs (the LED ones in Melbourne).

And if I can have one more - automatically raise the steering wheel on entry and exit - for those of us with large legs (followed closely by giving access to the camera feed so no need to buy a dashcam) :)

Reactions: championi
And recognise 25km/hr school and roadworks zones.

1. Enable Web browser
  2. Enable Homelink (or an alternate internet based offering such such as Garagio)
  3. Fob only summon is a must (the current 3g takes too long and is hit and miss in underground car parks - not to mention when GPS is inaccurate and disables summons).

I'll add to the list and include recognition of dynamic speed signs (the LED ones in Melbourne).

And if I can have one more - automatically raise the steering wheel on entry and exit - for those of us with large legs (followed closely by giving access to the camera feed so no need to buy a dashcam) :)

1. Enable Web browser

Oh well! You got the last 1 (Easy Entry) out of your 4 and it only took a year. ;)

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but is there any update to any of these.

1. Enable Web browser
  2. Enable Homelink
  3. Fob only summon
All of these seem easy to enable for Tesla with out too much red tape (I would hope...)

Seems to be some chatter around Homelink, an Australian member had the homelink icon show up on his car briefly the other week, when he asked Tesla about it, they said "we're currently doing testing around homelink in Australia".

Homelink is now listed as a feature on Australian inventory vehicles as well which it was never previously mentioned.

I expect we'll see homelink soon on Australian Teslas.

Reactions: Icey
Seems to be some chatter around Homelink, an Australian member had the homelink icon show up on his car briefly the other week, when he asked Tesla about it, they said "we're currently doing testing around homelink in Australia".

Homelink is now listed as a feature on Australian inventory vehicles as well which it was never previously mentioned.

I expect we'll see homelink soon on Australian Teslas.

Doubt it. Homelink runs on frequencies reserved by the ACMA. I think Optus owns them. You can't legally run homelink in Australia. That being said, JLR will happily install it on your Range Rover, but good luck getting anyone to send you a homelink enabled garage door motor/receiver.

Doubt it. Homelink runs on frequencies reserved by the ACMA. I think Optus owns them. You can't legally run homelink in Australia. That being said, JLR will happily install it on your Range Rover, but good luck getting anyone to send you a homelink enabled garage door motor/receiver.
From a guy in the Tesla facebook group that seems to know a bit more about this: "Homelink5 is supported on its 800MHz band in Australia." So newer Teslas may be shipping with updated Homelink transmitters to work with the new Homelink5?