Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What about the tow hitch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
Well that blows. Aftermarket it is then. I've considering going the ecohitch route with my Volt but have always been able to make do with the hatch. If you added a hitch to a car that was never intended to have one and want to tow a trailer, is there a wiring solution that doesn't involve hacking into your wiring loom?

The problem here in Europe is that is the manufacture don’t write in the registration that the car is capable of towing, you are not aloud to tow. Now, some will maybe attach a tow ever way but it probably stop a lot of people from buying the Model 3 and continue with there fossil car.
It still differs per country. The Germans can make modifications and then let those check/okayed by the TÜV as far as I know. Here in the Netherlands modifications are only allowed if the manufacturer explicitly is OK with it. You can find discussions on this topic in the various Renault Zoe user forums (Renault refuses to OK these modifications BTW).

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
You sure about that in regards to the monroney.?

This one with premium upgrade package lists "heated seats for driver and front passenger".. No mention of rear seats.

ydPRYXecYCEeyzBcTlnJE1MSKd7DpGP41tpcBa9L8REt7sFcSiYBnH84DPknj0Q7QYxevgokP5scGxrOJsK5yT5pxBTPbiEZ2-uR9KA4V_iYGSiCHt_yxSuRSVobXtUBxz_nwmCI55Pb5AcWzsNVQ0Y0KA=w492-h299-nc

This one without premium lists nothing about heated seats at all.

oWr5U0D-ybnEnGd2TK0qJgROBNQJcTgeFUlNSAJYXp-0-636YuFMXm4irSxwdINdoxLZWq6cmMR1FUOtsOVJTCl0Keh0CRtXWoXQ_RuoNedYyqIMtNo97oyAT7Wg0lSzS_p_h8f7MNNSSZJ1XSBn-D-jtnqX6Sfd=w443-h332-nc

You sure about that in regards to the monroney.?

This one with premium upgrade package lists "heated seats for driver and front passenger".. No mention of rear seats.

ydPRYXecYCEeyzBcTlnJE1MSKd7DpGP41tpcBa9L8REt7sFcSiYBnH84DPknj0Q7QYxevgokP5scGxrOJsK5yT5pxBTPbiEZ2-uR9KA4V_iYGSiCHt_yxSuRSVobXtUBxz_nwmCI55Pb5AcWzsNVQ0Y0KA=w492-h299-nc

This one without premium lists nothing about heated seats at all.

oWr5U0D-ybnEnGd2TK0qJgROBNQJcTgeFUlNSAJYXp-0-636YuFMXm4irSxwdINdoxLZWq6cmMR1FUOtsOVJTCl0Keh0CRtXWoXQ_RuoNedYyqIMtNo97oyAT7Wg0lSzS_p_h8f7MNNSSZJ1XSBn-D-jtnqX6Sfd=w443-h332-nc

The whole left side is titled Standard Features at the top, so that’s why we’ve always assumed the front seats always were heated as standard. I can’t read a thing on the second version. Who has a non-PUP version yet? If you can post a more hires copy, happy to comment further!

And here is the source Monroney for a non-PUP car, google found on Reddit. Exactly the same. No PUP, does have heated seats in the Standard section. (Original source actually TMC: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/img_0664-jpg-1-jpeg.246202/ )

As we thought, all cars have heated front seats as part of Standard Features, as the Monroney states. PUP includes all seats heated, as stated.

upload_2017-10-7_7-59-10.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-7_7-56-19.png
    upload_2017-10-7_7-56-19.png
    824.8 KB · Views: 72
The whole left side is titled Standard Features at the top, so that’s why we’ve always assumed the front seats always were heated as standard. I can’t read a thing on the second version. Who has a non-PUP version yet? If you can post a more hires copy, happy to comment further!

It was poor resolution to begin with and got worse when posted here. I just used a Google Image search on model 3 monroney. Maybe it was just an earlier version and they left that line out.

Well, it seams like it comes different information from different sources, Brokedoc at the M3OC forum says that Javier who is VP Product designer at Tesla have told him that Model 3 will come with towing hitch. Wonder what you should believe in?

My guess is that the towing capability will be standard on the AWD model along with air suspension. I don't think it will be an option on the RWD version.

• Love
Reactions: Tedkidd
Now the question is, does Elon only mean what is possible now or will Model 3 never come with a hitch?

View attachment 252329
Due to that tweet being tweeted in the context of "the only configuration possible now (besides choose color)". See a few tweets earlier. I believe he refers to that the currently produced M3 has no hitch.

I also hope and believe the hitch will come as standard with the AWD option.

Reactions: Tedkidd and MP3Mike
It was poor resolution to begin with and got worse when posted here. I just used a Google Image search on model 3 monroney. Maybe it was just an earlier version and they left that line out.
That does sound likely as the whole ‘Standard Features’ side should be the same on all cars. The right side is where the options for each/that car are, as we see for the one with PUP and the other one.

Still don’t see WTF they made all this drama by not supplying complete information in the first place. :D