Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Are Your Daily Driver Plans While Awaiting the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post back here since camp-out madness... man have I got a lot to catch up on :(
So I thought I'd start with an easy one.
Frau Schwartz, my faithful 2007 A4 2.0T Quattro, will need to get me through until my 3 arrives. She's generally doing well, needing only a bit of paintwork around the edges to keep her looking fresh and an RS4 clutch upgrade, stock one is struggling with the mods I've done recently. Hoping she goes to a good home when the time comes to say goodbye.

P.S. Shout out and welcome to zammboss, who was right beside me, MTL_HABS1909 and Electric_Mouse in line and was great company. His vlog of the event was very cool, nice drone footage, and I especially love the running comentary on the Chris-Farley-like character that took over the scene around 4:00 am on Thursday morning.You couldn't make that up...

Current daily & weekend car is leased 13 nissan leaf. I will need to return it next march and need something else then if I'm on same job. I might beg a relative to borrow their car for like a year. If job is closer I will ride pub transit. Last resort is getting a cheapo used ice maybe a truck so I can haul stuff.

09 Ford Escape Hybrid with 230,000 miles. I have a 160 mile daily commute so I put over 40,000 miles a year on a vehicle. I will be well over 300,000 miles when I finally get the model 3. I hope it makes it. Can't wait to never have to stop at a gas station again!

2005 Toyota Highlander. Bought it new. Has 84,000 miles on it. Daughter gets permit this June and liscense next June, 2017. I plan on her driving the Highlander and me driving my new Tesla/when I get it. Hubs has an 09 MDX. What we will do with 3 drivers and 2 cars for about 2 years, I don't know yet.

Intention is to keep the Leaf for two more years but a CPO Model S is calling my name, going to look at one today actually ;)

Just a fair warning: Do not test drive that Tesla unless you plan on buying it immediately! I was dead set on a Porsche Panamera until one day I happen to walk by the Tesla Gallery and went for a test drive. One press of the 'go' pedal and I was sold :)

My second 3 order is for Brazil, to replace my five-year-old BMW. I'll keep it going until the 3. However, because I travel often, the car sits unused for months at a time. With my S, no problem, just leave it plugged in. With the BMW I had to replace the fuel pump at 14,000 km because it gummed up from gasoline evaporation. At 9,000 the battery failed. I have since bought a trifle charger to solve the latter issue, but ICE vehicles do not like to sit fir extended periods, BEV just want a few electrons now and again.

The Volt has been amazing, but my commute is 80 miles round trip with zero at work charging. So until this year, no full EVs had enough range to be a daily driver. Looking forward to the Tesla a lot.

Really? I was pretty sure that the Tesla Model S has been around for a few years and can easily do a 80 mile round trip on a single charge.