Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fitted the Abstract Ocean dashboard wrap in Matrix black to replace the wood finish.

Not 100% perfect, some overlap but pleased overall.

Attachments

• B164ED26-FE54-4362-AB13-F589FD814300.jpeg
    B164ED26-FE54-4362-AB13-F589FD814300.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 6B65EC02-ED37-4F99-BD54-AABFD0A7BDAA.jpeg
    6B65EC02-ED37-4F99-BD54-AABFD0A7BDAA.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 9AB80B5D-4C7F-487E-A977-39908ED87170.png
    9AB80B5D-4C7F-487E-A977-39908ED87170.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Update: holes in rear screen rubber seal, I've had a chance to try this out over the past few days (ref post #388)

Collected water on the rear screen definitely flows down and through the holes when the boot is opened, this works well & the boot remains dry during/after light rain.

However with heavy rain (unless it's stopped & driving has largely cleared it from the boot), standing water on the raised boot itself causes a deluge as it tips back onto the glass. The holes do mitigate this to some extent but not entirely if it's very wet & sufficient to flow over the top of the seal. No matter how much is on the glass itself, the holes in the seal do stop that until the boot tips up.

I've added 6 further holes between and to the sides of the others although, short of wiping the painted boot area below the rear glass to clear the worst of the standing water I doubt the seal is deep enough to stop the sudden flow. I would imagine a spoiler would make matters worse.

Overall, it's an improvement but water sitting on the boot lid itself is the main culprit & it always pours back onto the glass when opening.
....clearly a design 'feature'

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried making holes with a hot bradawl but they just sealed up again. What did you make holes with Drew? I also read somewhere that the seal wasn't reall necessary and that without the seal the water should just run into the channel above the boot.. not brave enough to try that out.

I tried making holes with a hot bradawl but they just sealed up again. What did you make holes with Drew? I also read somewhere that the seal wasn't reall necessary and that without the seal the water should just run into the channel above the boot.. not brave enough to try that out.
I gave the link & tips for use in post #388

Last edited by a moderator:
After nearly 18 months, put our cherished number plate on the car. Much easier to do online than the old process queuing up inside the DVLA office for several hours.

As part of the process, also negotiated a huge discount on the insurance renewal :)

After nearly 18 months, put our cherished number plate on the car. Much easier to do online than the old process queuing up inside the DVLA office for several hours.

As part of the process, also negotiated a huge discount on the insurance renewal :)
That reminds me. I put my plates on, back at the start of lockdown 1 as a temporary measure, until I get out to get proper ones. I used the ones that came off my Prius because at least one set of holes were in the right place and the others, I filled with cut down coloured screws. they are still there almost one year on. I thought they might annoy me but I don’t even notice anymore...

Took advantage of the lovely sun and gave her a good clean. Used the gummi on the d/s window seal and finally no more squeak! Used 303 to clean the inside and all other seals.

Attachments

• IMG_20210306_180927.jpg
    IMG_20210306_180927.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 49
Out of interest, would you recommend the quilted floor mats? Do they hold well, easy to clean, etc?
I've had them in since Sept and I can't fault them. Very easy to clean, hoovering/wiping down all of the kids mess is light work. I no longer have glitter or annoying rubbish trapped in tiny fibers, which my domestic hoover almost certainly fails to get.

I've got these on top of the original OEM Tesla ones for added protection. I imagine they'll need shampooing if any spillages though. Surprisingly they weren't fazed by the snow we had. So far they don't need it, but then again it mostly sits on the drive these days.

I got my car back from having it PPF'd and Ceramic Coated and it looks AMAZING.

I also found out just how much the front mudflaps scrape when you do just about anything...so they need to go.

I also also found out that my car doesn't lock when I walk away from it for some reason.

Lots to learn here! But going to have fun doing it.