Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any feedback on the gummi pfldge? My driver's side window seal is has developed a lovely squeak. I'm torn between aero 303 or gummi

I use Gummi, seems to do the trick in preventing the squeaking. Give the seals a fresh application when you know the weather is going to turn and it is more likely to help stop the windows freezing to them... as others have said, best to avoid a wash just before a freeze too ;) Easy to use and the bottle comes with a sponge applicator on the top (well the one I bought anyway). Not used 303 so can't comment on that....

• Helpful
Reactions: s88ats
I use Gummi, seems to do the trick in preventing the squeaking. Give the seals a fresh application when you know the weather is going to turn and it is more likely to help stop the windows freezing to them... as others have said, best to avoid a wash just before a freeze too ;) Easy to use and the bottle comes with a sponge applicator on the top (well the one I bought anyway). Not used 303 so can't comment on that....

I have used the Gummi Pfledge with success but it does leave a bit of a greasy edge to your window for a while after it's been used. I also have some 303 Protectant but hadn't actually tried it for that purpose. I only thought about it for the windows when @Glan gluaisne posted about using it. My guess is that it might be a bit cleaner on the edge than Gummi so I'll give it a try. Having said that I haven't had any sticking window edges and that last time I applied Gummi P was in the autumn ... so it obviously works!

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB and s88ats
Did you apply before having a squeak? Yes, that was a good shout as the snow is more ice and I can only imagine what would have happened if it froze over after a clean.

I have used the Gummi Pfledge with success but it does leave a bit of a greasy edge to your window for a while after it's been used. I also have some 303 Protectant but hadn't actually tried it for that purpose. I only thought about it for the windows when @Glan gluaisne posted about using it. My guess is that it might be a bit cleaner on the edge than Gummi so I'll give it a try. Having said that I haven't had any sticking window edges and that last time I applied Gummi P was in the autumn ... so it obviously works!
I've ordered both in the hope one of them would get rid of that annoying squeal!

Did you apply before having a squeak? Yes, that was a good shout as the snow is more ice and I can only imagine what would have happened if it froze over after a clean.

No, applied afterwards. In my case the noise was more of a rattle than a squeak on the drivers door, I was going to report it through the app, but read on here somewhere that the noise caused by the seal/glass can manifest as a rattling sound and that/their instance the cure was Gummi.... got some, applied it, rattle gone :)

No, applied afterwards. In my case the noise was more of a rattle than a squeak on the drivers door, I was going to report it through the app, but read on here somewhere that the noise caused by the seal/glass can manifest as a rattling sound and that/their instance the cure was Gummi.... got some, applied it, rattle gone :)

Agreed ... it can sound lick a click or a rattle ... very odd!

Reactions: Jez_GB
Fed up with water dripping into the boot & seeing the addition of several small circular openings in the latest Model 3 rear screen rubber seal, I purchased this single hole paper punch https://amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000I5SAPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 & put five equally spaced holes into the seal on mine (two can be seen in top pic below).

Care needs to be taken in twisting the seal to punch downwards & away from the glass to avoid catching or chipping the edge - quite easy but be aware & exert gentle pressure beforehand to check nothing is touching (I'm led to believe that to confirm Tesla glass is within tolerance, tap anywhere with the head of a pin to crack it).

On closing, pouring more water on the rear screen & opening the boot, it immediately trickled through into the trough below so it seems to work. Although I say it myself, the holes look as if they are OEM.

GpqiO7z.jpg

8En2biP.jpg

bq3BwXq.jpg

(small thin protruding 'tongue' - middle LH side of picture bent flat before use)

Last edited:
Fed up with water dripping into the boot & seeing the addition of several small circular openings in the latest Model 3 rear screen rubber seal, I purchased this single hole paper punch https://amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000I5SAPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 & put five equally spaced holes into the seal on mine (two can be seen in top pic below).

Care needs to be taken in twisting the seal to punch downwards & away from the glass to avoid catching or chipping the edge - quite easy but be aware & exert gentle pressure beforehand to check nothing is touching (I'm led to believe that to confirm Tesla glass is within tolerance, tap anywhere with the head of a pin to crack it).

On closing, pouring more water on the rear screen & opening the boot, it immediately trickled through into the trough below so it seems to work. Although I say it myself, the holes look as if they are OEM.

GpqiO7z.jpg

8En2biP.jpg

bq3BwXq.jpg

(small thin protruding 'tongue' - middle LH side of picture bent flat before use)
Would be grateful of an update in a couple of months' time on how this is working for you. Will certainly be doing the same if there turn out to be no unintended consequences.

GpqiO7z.jpg

8En2biP.jpg

bq3BwXq.jpg

Would be grateful of an update in a couple of months' time on how this is working for you. Will certainly be doing the same if there turn out to be no unintended consequences.
Same here, I was looking to retrofit the new seal but this seems a lot easier and cheaper...