Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do we want to know from the first person to get AP2.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I was thinking of. It doesn't say anything about them pushing out the delivery date on purpose. There is probably another explanation.
This was purely the coil issue. As you probably know, MX was originally optioned for either coil or smart air suspension (SAS) like the MS. We chose coil, Tesla prioritized SAS for the early builds. Then they dropped the coil option in October and moved the remaining coil holdouts to SAS or they refunded their deposits.

I have on order a red P100D with white interior and all the AP2 hardware (I bought the options for full self driving). It is on a truck on the way to south Florida and I am scheduled to pick it up on November 16th.
I think it will be the first AP2 Model S delivered in Dania Beach. It may also be the first with the white interior.
I'll post some pictures of the AP2 cameras and sensors once I take delivery.
I hope it also has the latest P100D easter egg software to "uncork all the performance."

I have on order a red P100D with white interior and all the AP2 hardware (I bought the options for full self driving). It is on a truck on the way to south Florida and I am scheduled to pick it up on November 16th.
I think it will be the first AP2 Model S delivered in Dania Beach. It may also be the first with the white interior.
I'll post some pictures of the AP2 cameras and sensors once I take delivery.
I hope it also has the latest P100D easter egg software to "uncork all the performance."

Congrats! Looks like you are the first to confirm a delivery for an AP2 vehicle on this forum!

I would be interested in those nVidia Drive PX2 boxes (the full autonomous mode requires multiple units), their placement, possibly the linkage type to the cameras and sensors as well as their cooling arrangement.

I know I'm asking for tricky stuff, probably due to their placement most probably in the frank area, but this kind of pics have great potential...

My P100D (blue with white interior) was supposed to be delivered end of Oct, and now it is planned for sometime this week (in the Bay Area). It has the new hardware. An email from my DS this afternoon said "My Quality Control team had let me know that there are a few extra tests involved with the new Autopilot hardware that comes on the vehicles so this phase is expected to take just a bit more time. He stated that these tests will probably take a few days and he will keep me updated throughout the week once it completes."

My P100D (blue with white interior) was supposed to be delivered end of Oct, and now it is planned for sometime this week (in the Bay Area). It has the new hardware. An email from my DS this afternoon said "My Quality Control team had let me know that there are a few extra tests involved with the new Autopilot hardware that comes on the vehicles so this phase is expected to take just a bit more time. He stated that these tests will probably take a few days and he will keep me updated throughout the week once it completes."

Congrats, you will probably be one of the first in the Bay Area. Maybe I'll be first AP2 P100D in Sacramento, order confirmed 9.19 :D

Reactions: DarylS2001
I would be interested in those nVidia Drive PX2 boxes (the full autonomous mode requires multiple units), their placement, possibly the linkage type to the cameras and sensors as well as their cooling arrangement.

Tesla are using a single PX2 box I'm 99% sure. I appreciate nVidia are saying this isn't sufficient for full self driving.

Why do I think this? Tesla said in the PR for Autopilot 2 there was a 40x increase in compute power. PX2 is rated at 8TFlops. The MobileyeQ3 is rated at 400GFlops. This all links in neatly to being a single PX2.

I know I'm asking for tricky stuff, probably due to their placement most probably in the frank area, but this kind of pics have great potential...

Where are these kinds of things stashed in the Tesla's (normally at least?) Is there a "rack" of gear somewhere? or are they stashed all over?

I would like to know if there is any camera on the nose of the car. For parking assist.

Would also like to know if the center console computer is getting an upgrade at the same time.

And finally if there is any sort of bird view available.

Tesla are using a single PX2 box I'm 99% sure. I appreciate nVidia are saying this isn't sufficient for full self driving.

Why do I think this? Tesla said in the PR for Autopilot 2 there was a 40x increase in compute power. PX2 is rated at 8TFlops. The MobileyeQ3 is rated at 400GFlops. This all links in neatly to being a single PX2.

Is there a typo in the figures here? Wouldn't 400GFlops x 40 = 16 TFlops?

Where are these kinds of things stashed in the Tesla's (normally at least?) Is there a "rack" of gear somewhere? or are they stashed all over?

The MCU and dash computers (there are two, one for each screen) are self-contained units right behind the screen. You can see them in action out of the car here:

Other microcontrollers are distributed throughout the car, normally close to the systems they control. They should all communicate over the CAN bus, which is standard for just about any car nowadays. Lets them use standard chips and parts, rather than custom build (and R&D!) every single thing.

My guess is the PX2 is going to be behind the dash computer or MCU. Probably pretty close, since those systems communicate a lot and it's a nice, central location to tie in all the sensors with minimal wiring.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

In case anyone is interested..