Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soooooo.... anyone else still in Western Lithium, now known as Lithium Americas? (They even changed their stock symbol to LACDF.)

Finally it's showing some positive activity, and I'm finally in the green after a long period of doldrums. I regret investing in this company because even though they talk about Lithium their main business has been manufacturing nasty chemicals used in fracking. Now that the stock seems to be jumping, I'm wondering when to exit. Greed says, stock around a bit more. Practicality says, get the hell out while you can.
I say, let greed and practicality duke it out a little more :)

Soooooo.... anyone else still in Western Lithium, now known as Lithium Americas? (They even changed their stock symbol to LACDF.)

Finally it's showing some positive activity, and I'm finally in the green after a long period of doldrums. I regret investing in this company because even though they talk about Lithium their main business has been manufacturing nasty chemicals used in fracking. Now that the stock seems to be jumping, I'm wondering when to exit. Greed says, stock around a bit more. Practicality says, get the hell out while you can.
I say, let greed and practicality duke it out a little more :)

I am finally going to dip my toe in that pool. The chart looks attractive in any event. 1000 shares for $600!

Today's market is responding super-positively to Nvidia's only slightly better than consensus 1Q numbers. NVDA reported $1.3bn in sales and 33¢ EPS vs. consensus of $1.26bn and 32¢. At 11am AK time, the stock is up 14.4% at $40.70, finally having broken its previous all-time high of $37.40 way back in Oct. 2007.

Automotive sector still represents a small fraction of this gaming-specialized GPU manufacturer - but there is very strong growth there.

Very happy today!

Today's market is responding super-positively to Nvidia's only slightly better than consensus 1Q numbers. NVDA reported $1.3bn in sales and 33¢ EPS vs. consensus of $1.26bn and 32¢. At 11am AK time, the stock is up 14.4% at $40.70, finally having broken its previous all-time high of $37.40 way back in Oct. 2007.

Automotive sector still represents a small fraction of this gaming-specialized GPU manufacturer - but there is very strong growth there.

Very happy today!
As well. Both an owner of NVDA stock and options. Good day for a good company. If they are a player in Model 3 and all other autonomous efforts, Katie bar the door. Autonomous driving is a fraction of their current revenue.

As well. Both an owner of NVDA stock and options. Good day for a good company. If they are a player in Model 3 and all other autonomous efforts, Katie bar the door. Autonomous driving is a fraction of their current revenue.

The autonomous driving is only one aspect. They graphics card is just a specialized device for matrix calculations. They have use on servers for cloud computing in some interesting areas as well as machine learning in the IoT space. Self driving cars are just the low hanging high margin fruit in a much larger tree. Could be really profitable long run.

Follow up to this post: What other tech stock to consider?

Novavax has continued to execute well, I won't bother to recap. I'd suggest those interested read the shareholder letter here: Computershare Viewer

I have followed this company for years. I recall when the percentage of shares owned by institutions was in the 50% range. Following shows general dates and % ownership over time.

8/15 67.87%
2/16 73.56
3/16 75.73
4/19/16 77.11
5/14/16 79.49
5/17/16 83.08%

C
Follow up to this post: What other tech stock to consider?

Novavax has continued to execute well, I won't bother to recap. I'd suggest those interested read the shareholder letter here: Computershare Viewer

I have followed this company for years. I recall when the percentage of shares owned by institutions was in the 50% range. Following shows general dates and % ownership over time.

8/15 67.87%
2/16 73.56
3/16 75.73
4/19/16 77.11
5/14/16 79.49
5/17/16 83.08%

Yes you have followed them for years . I remember you recommending them in the summer of 2015 when if you bought then you would only be down 30 to 67 per cent or so. the stock is now under five dollars.

I own shares in a company I have followed for a long time. It is not a traditional tech company in the way many think of tech, but I see some discussion of medical products so thought I would throw this one to the mix. FD: I own shares and would love to see this post help the share price move along...

Years ago during the bird flu scare, I think 2007, I happened upon this company as a novel vaccine maker. It had no products on the market and was subject to massive hype. I lost some money.

As time went on, it stayed on my radar, and with maturity I think I saw things in a different manner. I adapted my hyperkinetic trading, focused on future growth stocks I could understand. I did well with TSLA stock/options. I've traded in and out some on this company, now have a lot riding on it.

NOVAVAX: NVAX Novavax www.novavax.com

Traditional vaccines are made using live viruses, grown in eggs, the virus gets inactivated or knocked back, the body recognizes the virus, builds immunity. The newer vaccines for HPV are manufactured from virus like particles, not a live virus. NVAX has proven the ability to make novel vaccines in similar manner. They have ongoing studies for several products, the biggest of which is for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), a virus that companies have been trying to tame for many years. The CEO of the company thinks the RSV vaccine could become the best selling vaccine ever (or some other grandiose statement). RSV affects many newborns, is a major cause of newborn hospitalizations, and also affects the elderly. Data thus far has been promising. NVAX also developed vaccine candidates for H7N9 and Ebola, generally within 3 months of getting genetic info on the virus. In 2 animal studies, the EBOLA candidate conferred immunity, all animals lived, all control animals died. They are also working on quadrivalent flu vaccines, and hope to pair this vaccine up with RSV. Two candidates have received fast track designation in the states. They are partnered up with Cadilla in India.

They recently did a secondary offering and expect to have money on hand for several years.
Price decline to 7.25 secondary offering is max risk in my opinion, current price flirting with 9.
Institutional ownership at an all time high >65% Novavax, Inc. (NVAX) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com (THat is more than TSLA)
9 days short interest.
I've done simple back of the napkin calculations for future value based upon RSV alone, future target 33-83. This target was pre dilution.
Near term target 17, again simple back of napkin.
I've watched a few other pharmas get irrational with P/Es. If this happens, price target >200.
Company leadership has built, grown, sold company before.
THey are engaging thought leaders in the industry to create RSV support.
They are hiring.
The executives have said many times over that the coming 2 quarters have lots of catalysts.
There is a new owner of 14M shares

Good luck.

Kuka Aktiengesellschaft (KUKAF, they make most of the robots for the production line) was up 13% today. Not entirely sure why; the US ADRs are thinly traded and there's almost no news. Maybe it was just pent up demand from the (presumed) acceleration of the TSLA production line.

Novavax is up about 40% since I brought this forth again.
As Ocelot points out, it is indeed a loser from the time I first posted, however at the time it went from 8.84 to about 15. The overall market then tanked.
The fundamentals have not changed...
Ocelot can argue with me, but it is easily seen that Fidelity owns about 15% of the company (I think this is the maximum allowed).
Bearish George Soros started a position of about 30,000 shares, another person to argue with.

They have Phase 3 data rolling out, widely expected in August.
They have confirmed that they expect to announce a partner in the coming months for sales/marketing outside of the US.
They have announced another site to build out for worldwide commercialization along with plans to increase workforce by 850 (499 total last week).

I am happy to share more but have been chastised a bit by the mods here...

Reactions: hiroshiy
Since seeing Pure Energy Minerals mentioned on TMC, I've searched and think I've found most everything on the web that speaks to it's chances of succeeding and by doing so, become a new U.S. based supplier of lithium to the GigaFactory, per a conditional agreement signed with Tesla. If Pure Energy can both prove Bateman's lithium extraction technology works at a robust pilot scale AND firms up their proven reserves of lithium bearing brine; does anyone on the forum disagree that Tesla will provide them with any engineering expertise they could use, as well as add'l capital if needed? I can't imagine TM not doing this, as it would give them a local major supplier rather than depend on China and Latin America for critical lithium. And at a lower cost than other suppliers.