Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will you do with your Cybertruck reservation?

What are you doing with your reservation?

• Keeping reservation - planning to buy

Votes: 41 27.9%
  • Keeping reservation - going to wait and see

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • Cancelling reservation - getting $100 back

Votes: 52 35.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5694.jpeg

Lariat’s are being discounted by $7.5k and qualify for $7500 federal as well (not included in the price)Here’s an example of one being $15k cheaper than the cybertruck dual motor
That $50k lightning is a Pro work truck model and that’s the original MSRP. It’s not like it’s a fully loaded model discounted to $50k.

View attachment 995679

Lariat’s are being discounted by $7.5k and qualify for $7500 federal as well (not included in the price)Here’s an example of one being $15k cheaper than the cybertruck dual motor

Yup, moreso the Lariat can be optioned with a panoramic opening sunroof.

The "cheap" work truck model is also not bad overall considering it's 52k before incentives. Also, AWD standard.

After seeing the event I am not pleased and will be cancelling my reservation. It's bad enough they increased the prices but the decrease in range is really bad. Any no dedicated place to store a spare tire is a bit much. A truck defiantly needs a spare tire.
I didn't hear about the no spare. Does the Ford Lightning have a spare? Only reason I can see for that is they don't want people jacking the truck up on the side of the road to change a tire and accidentally puncturing the battery.

That $50k lightning is a Pro work truck model and that’s the original MSRP. It’s not like it’s a fully loaded model discounted to $50k.

The Lightning is “failing” where EVs in general are not popular. The pickup truck crowd in general tends to lean right and are fiercely anti EV. It’s their god given right to burn as much fuel as they want and roll coal on stupid environmentalist EV drivers. Any EV truck is going to be an uphill battle for that demographic. If the Lightning couldn’t win them over with its traditional pickup styling then the CT shaped like a door stop absolutely would not, even if it had 500 miles of range.

Lightning does well in areas with high EV sales.
You couldn't be more offensive or more wrong with your ridiculously bigoted opinion. I'm conservative and I drive a pickup truck. I also own a model 3 and Tesla stock and had a cybertruck reservation. I love Teslas because they are better than their gas counterparts. The cybertruck isn't better and it costs more, its just a bad vehicle at this price and feature point.

You couldn't be more offensive or more wrong with your ridiculously bigoted opinion. I'm conservative and I drive a pickup truck. I also own a model 3 and Tesla stock and had a cybertruck reservation. I love Teslas because they are better than their gas counterparts. The cybertruck isn't better and it costs more, its just a bad vehicle at this price and feature point.
There’s always exceptions, but the general data shows otherwise.

IMG_5018.png

• Informative
Reactions: voyager
Sorry seemed pretty obvious on an EV forum that I was referring to the lightning. Yeah, loosing the margin on 20 ICE trucks to subsidize 1 Lightening is definitely a smart business plan…

Sorry, I thought the CT was taking over the truck market.

As far as a smart business plan, it’s 20 ICE trucks or are you just pulling numbers out your arse to try to make Elon look better?

Jalopnik: "Tesla is offering a $1,000 discount to Cybertruck reservation holders who place an order or lease for another model... This discount is being offered to customers who made a reservation before the live-streamed delivery event. To take advantage of the $1,000, an order must be made for a new Model 3, Model Y, Model S or Model X before the end of this year".

Jalopnik: "Tesla is offering a $1,000 discount to Cybertruck reservation holders who place an order or lease for another model... This discount is being offered to customers who made a reservation before the live-streamed delivery event. To take advantage of the $1,000, an order must be made for a new Model 3, Model Y, Model S or Model X before the end of this year".

Yup got that email. I guess Tesla doesn’t care I just bought one 4 months ago. Instead buy another one while you wait 2 years lol

Reactions: coleAK