Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

when is good time to swap to all season tire from winter tire ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spring is here!

For those of you live in part of Canada that snow quite abit during winter in Quebec or GTA, when is good time for you to swap out your winter tire into all season tire?
I am getting mind swapped this weekend!
As soon as the temps stay above 10C for two or three consecutive weeks from today and I will swap mine out

Likely doing mine in the next few days as well. My company is shut down/all working from home for the next 2 weeks so will take the opportunity to do both cars at some point. It's still kind of marginal to swap them out, but there have been a few very hot days above 10 degrees and I've probably worn 2 months worth of tire wear on those couple days since most winter tires wear fast when it's hot out.

Plus I'm a bit tired of my winter rims (aero rims with aero caps removed). Looking forward to seeing my summer rims again :)

depends, if there's a sudden snowfall day in the next few weeks can you tolerate not going out that day? given the societal shutdown right now, you probably can. But I can recall a snowfall in april here pretty much every year

So jealous, I think mine are staying on till at least the end of April. I need my car every day. I think right now you could get by with all seasons in the GTA because it’s unlikely anyone is going anywhere unless they need to, that being said, if you need to I don’t think an additional swap back to winters will help any.

I put my lowering links in and 20mm spacers this week with my 19inch winter turbine replicas (actually very impressed with the results). Should get my 21 turbines back from Union Rim this week (powder coated 50% satin 50% gloss black as I couldnt decide between the two so I went in the middle).

I am sure once I put my summers on it will snow a lot (because it rains right after I wash it every time).

• Funny
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Check your insurance policy. Some policies have no-earlier-than dates for swapping your tires. If you swap the tires before your policy says and you get in an accident, you may not be covered.

This - if you said you run winter tires (and probably got a discount) they definitely have to be installed for the dates stated in your policy - usually end of March, sometimes later. If you take them off before, you risk being uninsured.

I put my lowering links in and 20mm spacers this week with my 19inch winter turbine replicas (actually very impressed with the results). Should get my 21 turbines back from Union Rim this week (powder coated 50% satin 50% gloss black as I couldnt decide between the two so I went in the middle).

I am sure once I put my summers on it will snow a lot (because it rains right after I wash it every time).
You called it!