Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White on White Interior Waiting is pain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 ways:

My tesla rep told me that after pearl became standard that they saw a massive uptick in white orders, and warned me that white specifically would take longer to produce than any other color.

Anecdotally: There’s a thread with a google sheet of configurations with dates of order, vin reception, delivery, etc. If you go down the list, most white/white configs, especially the performance models, have yet to be assigned a vin. And there are plenty made before us. Although it could vary in accuracy because it’s contingent on user participation, most colors other than white have been fulfilled in a timely manner.

I got impatient and took one from existing inventory... my delivery date is August 24th..

Reactions: sahs12
Ordered 8/6
Spoke to Tesla yesterday (8/19) and they told me it was gonna be a couple of weeks
Received the glorious text this morning (8/20) that my car was ready
Pick up on 8/22

SR+
White on white
18" Aero

One small sucky part: I just filled up the gas tank of the loaner car I am driving.

Hi all, ordered LR, white on white, 18" Aero. on August 10. Told 2 weeks at time of order. Told them I was going to be in Germany this week for Gamescom. They called me last night at 2:30 a.m. my time to tell me they had my car in Dublin and asked if I could pick it up tomorrow (Wednesday). I said I could pick up on Thursday. Yay! Went back to bed and woke up 5 hours later to get a text saying "sorry, the car we had was a SR. Do you want that instead?" Was hoping to get it for my birthday this weekend, but that looks unlikely. Sigh.

Ordered a white/white Performance Model 3 on 7/29 and we still have not received a VIN number. This is beyond frustrating. We were initially told less than 2 weeks, but here we are almost three weeks later. :mad:

Welcome to the waiting room. There are several people in front of you with the same configuration. :) If my wife didn't want the white exterior so much, I'd have been driving a Black/White/Perf/FSD since last month.

Welcome to the waiting room. There are several people in front of you with the same configuration. :) If my wife didn't want the white exterior so much, I'd have been driving a Black/White/Perf/FSD since last month.

lol there are some things just waiting for I guess! :) It wouldn't be as bad if we hadn't sold our car taking Teslas word to heart! It's ok, renting a car for a few weeks will make that first ride just that much sweeter!

lol there are some things just waiting for I guess! :) It wouldn't be as bad if we hadn't sold our car taking Teslas word to heart! It's ok, renting a car for a few weeks will make that first ride just that much sweeter!

It's not bad. To be fair, they didn't give their word, they gave an estimate. Obviously, their estimates were insufficient to cover the demand for White once they switched it to the default color. But we should at least be honest about the date not being a promise and not let our impatience kill us. :) It won't be too long before we're busy polishing/coating/throwing-add-ons into our cars and taking pictures like a bunch of selfie-crazed teenagers. LOL