Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text that there was issues and delays with my vehicle so they cancelled my delivery. They are trying to find a different car now. Not great news.
I received a text Saturday that all of my tasks were complete, had a scheduled pickup for 3/22 Wednesday, and I thought I was ready to go. Today I checked both the Tesla app and website, and I no longer have a scheduled pickup date or a VIN. No text or email explaining why, but they did get my money. Must also be a delay. So I‘ll have to wait until Monday to get an answer.

I received a text Saturday that all of my tasks were complete, had a scheduled pickup for 3/22 Wednesday, and I thought I was ready to go. Today I checked both the Tesla app and website, and I no longer have a scheduled pickup date or a VIN. No text or email explaining why, but they did get my money. Must also be a delay. So I‘ll have to wait until Monday to get an answer.
That was exactly what happened to me so i texted them and got the response:

“Hi Taylor, at this time we have been informed of delays regarding the vehicle that was assigned to your reservation. In the meanwhile we will be looking into options to expedite your reservation fulfillment. We apologize for the unexpected delays and appreciate your understanding.”

Ok guys. Picked up our MYLR white/white/19 today around noon at the Carlsbad location in San Diego. OD 1/14 and is an Austin build. Didn’t bother to ask SA when was exact build date but sticker on the door said 03/23 so I assume it’s probably not a reject. There were 9 miles on the odo. No matrix headlights.

SA was very accommodating and patient. Unlocked the car for us to inspect inside and out. Pick up experience overall was good. Lots of people at the SC just to ask questions about their cars lol.

Following is the list of things we have issues with on the car:
- front bumper lower plastic trim by the passenger side wheel well is scraped/scuffed/gouged
- passenger side headlight sits quite a bit higher than hood and fender
- hood gap is larger on driver side than passenger side
- driver side fender sticks out where it meets the front bumper
- clips on both sides of plastic cover inside frunk is unclipped/loose and other side tab has broken off
- rear window line has a high spot in the middle
- trunk gap is slightly bigger on driver side
- at least 6 paint imperfections that are spots under the clear coat
- driver side mirror does not adjust upwards and will fall when parked for some time
- boominess inside the cabin at higher speeds
- wind whistle coming from front windshield area
- passenger side carpet trim next to center console is popped out, loose and unclipped
- multiple black stains on white seats throughout the car

Despite all these things we still accepted delivery. I don’t know how long it would be for the next one to come and didn’t want to miss out on the tax credits. I know it may sounds pretty bad but I’m certain most of these things already have and or will be addressed and repaired by Tesla at some point. I also have no expectation for any domestic car maker to have good QC. For those of you still waiting, I hope you get a higher quality build than what I’ve got but also accept the fact that there is no perfect car. Hope you all the best.

Ok guys. Picked up our MYLR white/white/19 today around noon at the Carlsbad location in San Diego. OD 1/14 and is an Austin build. Didn’t bother to ask SA when was exact build date but sticker on the door said 03/23 so I assume it’s probably not a reject. There were 9 miles on the odo. No matrix headlights.

SA was very accommodating and patient. Unlocked the car for us to inspect inside and out. Pick up experience overall was good. Lots of people at the SC just to ask questions about their cars lol.

- front bumper lower plastic trim by the passenger side wheel well is scraped/scuffed/gouged
- clips on both sides of plastic cover inside frunk is unclipped/loose and other side tab has broken off
- driver side mirror does not adjust upwards and will fall when parked for some time
- passenger side carpet trim next to center console is popped out, loose and unclipped

Despite all these things we still accepted delivery. I don’t know how long it would be for the next one to come and didn’t want to miss out on the tax credits. I know it may sounds pretty bad but I’m certain most of these things already have and or will be addressed and repaired by Tesla at some point. I also have no expectation for any domestic car maker to have good QC. For those of you still waiting, I hope you get a higher quality build than what I’ve got but also accept the fact that there is no perfect car. Hope you all the best.
Congrats! I’m also in Carlsbad, waiting patiently for my white/white/7 seater that I ordered on 1/19.

Reactions: bigboi

I picked up a W/W MYLR (Austin build) from Carlsbad on 2/3. Order date was 1/27. I had some uneven panel gaps around the headlights, near the A frame, headlights not flush, and a small dent at delivery. I was able to get a Tesla Service appointment quickly and they determined the car was not in spec. So I got referred to the body shop in Oceanside. Tesla Service told me that I would be contacted by the body shop sometime in April for an appointment to fix in July.

So they have no clue when your date is, lol.
I picked up a W/W MYLR (Austin build) from Carlsbad on 2/3. Order date was 1/27. I had some uneven panel gaps around the headlights, near the A frame, headlights not flush, and a small dent at delivery. I was able to get a Tesla Service appointment quickly and they determined the car was not in spec. So I got referred to the body shop in Oceanside. Tesla Service told me that I would be contacted by the body shop sometime in April for an appointment to fix in July.
Same thing happened to me. A certified body shop has been referred by Tesla. They gave me an appointment on may for inspection. They will fix it on July. Florida

I have taken delivery of MYP W/W at Plano, TX last Friday. Delivery experience is very smooth and also they have given ample time to check interior or any other detail before accepting. I couldn't find any issues (even minor issues) even though I had a long checklist. So overall its great experience. Drive is very smooth unlike many other complained about MYP. So overall I am very happy with my choice. Good luck everyone else.

VIN Assigned - shipping to Michigan from California so no pick up date yet. Fingers crossed!

W/W, 19", tow hitch
OD 1/14 of MYLR
Original EDD Jan-Mar
Many Shifting EDDs
Moved to W/W MYP, tow hitch once tax credit changed in Feb
VIN assigned on 3/8 - Fremont build
Finalized Loan Today - in Michigan so had to be paid before pickup
EDD currently (and has been for a couple of weeks) March 18-27
Finally got a delivery date of 3/28.