Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD : 1/13
VIN : 1/20
Delivery tomorrow ! Can't contain my excitement !

Well, I had my delivery today, was pretty excited the entire week but the car arrived with panel gaps on frunk :( There were a few more cosmetic issues which I am sure will be addressed but the frunk panel looks really bad. The delivery guy couldn't confirm if they'll address it or will be considered under spec. So I didn't accept the delivery and sent back the car with my list of issues and annotated photos to be re-inspected which they said they'll do this evening. If they agree to address it, I'll accept delivery tomorrow otherwise I am not sure what should I do :(

Well, I had my delivery today, was pretty excited the entire week but the car arrived with panel gaps on frunk :( There were a few more cosmetic issues which I am sure will be addressed but the frunk panel looks really bad. The delivery guy couldn't confirm if they'll address it or will be considered under spec. So I didn't accept the delivery and sent back the car with my list of issues and annotated photos to be re-inspected which they said they'll do this evening. If they agree to address it, I'll accept delivery tomorrow otherwise I am not sure what should I do :(
what was your location?
build location? Fremont or austin

Fremont I'm assuming.

This stinks.
Yep Fremont. Definitely stinks. Sucks the joy of picking up your dream car. Oh well, it is what it is. I just need to decide if I live with the misaligned frunk or reject this VIN and risk getting the new car after March with 'potential' reduced federal tax credit. Not to mention there is a risk that the next car also has some other issues which I cannot reject.

Reactions: 455dan and KangThe