Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would appear that the sudden realization of orders vs vehicles being produced has come to light...

MY W/B - all else standard
OD 1/26
EDD 2/15 - 2/28
EDD 3/2 - 3/28
EDD 4/5 - 5/10

When the IRS limits got adjusted, I was able to find a W/W/20" in stock and not being able to get ahold of my SA, I did go ahead and plopped down another $250 to reserve the one in stock. After reviewing my planned EDD, I was thinking I would just go ahead and cancel the second order and risk the tax credit dates, since my second order was $4.5k higher priced than the first order (and after research I wanted the ride quality of the 19" tires).

Now with them pushing my EDD out to possibly mid-May, I'm now reevaluating dropping the first order and picking the one up in CA that already has a VIN assigned to it. I can always change out the wheels at a later date.

ahh totally missed that.. Im thinking of changing to MYP as it seems like the MYLR are getting delayed. Hopefully mine stays at the narrow window of 3/28-3/31
Well, I just went and edited my order to a Model Y Performance. My EDD remained identical. Wanted the P more, anyways, but it did not qualify for the $7500 IRA and the SA told me last week if I edited my order, I’d be pushed out to April or May so I stayed with he MY LR I initially ordered. Since the EDD got pushed way out beyond end of March, I may as well get the car I wanted in the first place.

Well, I just went and edited my order to a Model Y Performance. My EDD remained identical. Wanted the P more, anyways, but it did not qualify for the $7500 IRA and the SA told me last week if I edited my order, I’d be pushed out to April or May so I stayed with he MY LR I initially ordered. Since the EDD got pushed way out beyond end of March, I may as well get the car I wanted in the first place.
Well the performance still shows Feb-March if you order today on Teslas order page so not sure what your SA was talking about. Most SA's say they still try to prioritize based off order date even if you change. I imagine folks seeing performance delays might be because of all the LR folks changing over to a P thinking it will get delivered sooner

This has been talked about in many other threads, and while there is no guarantee, there is a very good chance that the tax credit will be available beyond March, likely at least 2 months beyond whatever date the "Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) comes out from the IRS, as they typically allow a minimum 60 day comment period on tax changes before final rules are drafted and go into effect. It's nerve-wracking with no absolute guarantees or hard dates, but I wouldn't make any big changes based on the idea that the credit disappears in March.

Reactions: bekk
Happened to me, too. W/W with no other options. OD was 1/22 and my EDD went from 3/7 -3/31 out to 4/4 -5/16. May get screwed out of Tax rebate now.
Hi, thanks for letting us know your situation. I am also worried about the tax rebate situation now. It would be really upsetting if we lose out with new guidance. However, someone mentioned that usually IRS asks for public opinion and give 60 days to provide feedback before the new guidance becomes effective. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

This is really sad that Tesla - you would think should know better, that demand will be higher when the prices were reduced. They should have adjusted this in the website when we are ordering. NOT after we placed the order. I did send a note to Tesla (510 number) letting them know my frustration.

Picking up my car in Chicago next Tuesday 2/21!

W/W/19/EAP/No-tow / Chicago
OD: 1/14
Orig EDD: Jan-March 2023
1/18 Changed EDD to Feb 2 to March 2
1/20 SA says EDD is 2/18
2/8 Received VIN
2/8 Changed EDD to Feb 21-28
2/13 Changed EDD to Feb 18-27
2/14 Received text to schedule delivery on 2/21 or 2/22
Scheduled to pick up car in Libertyville, IL on 2/21 at 3:45pm

Well the performance still shows Feb-March if you order today on Teslas order page so not sure what your SA was talking about. Most SA's say they still try to prioritize based off order date even if you change. I imagine folks seeing performance delays might be because of all the LR folks changing over to a P thinking it will get delivered sooner
In an effort to be able to take delivery before March ended, I went and edited my order to a White on White Model Y Performance. My EDD and reservation number remained the same. Also, my Performance was priced as it was when I made the order for the LR variant on 1/22. My accountant told me today that my new EDD of 4/4 - 5/16 should likely still be getting the $7500 IRA credit because the IRS most likely won‘t make any firm changes March 31st, for example. Fingers crossed