Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 and Y have gone up by $10-15k since then, so I would expect at least a $15k bump in CT prices, but wouldn't be surprised if it were $20k.

6mfibt-jpg.13204

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
Can Tesla even lower the prices? This would accelerate depreciation, with the newest buyers getting hit the hardest.

Apple cause an outcry when they dramatically dropped the iPhone price, and ended up giving refunds to recent purchasers.

They lowered prices significantly in 2020. The same basic Model X base spec, which was selling for $80k new end of 2020, sold for $90k at the beginning of 2020. Now they're selling for $90k with 30,000 miles on them. But let's remember, when a very expensive niche luxury car loses 30% of its value within the first year, *that's normal*. The weird pricing going on right now is because fanboys and supply constraints. Pickup trucks aren't niche luxury cars, they're commoditized because they're produced by the millions every year, so, once the fanboys and supply constraints are satisfied, expect Tesla to have to compete on price like they have to do with the Y and 3.

Inflation is a lot like the weather, it's usually pretty mild and predictable and the few times a decade it's freaky, people lose their minds. This too shall pass

Last edited:
They lowered prices significantly in 2020. The same basic Model X base spec, which was selling for $80k new end of 2020, sold for $90k at the beginning of 2020. Now they're selling for $90k with 30,000 miles on them. But let's remember, when a very expensive niche luxury car loses 30% of its value within the first year, *that's normal*. The weird pricing going on right now is because fanboys and supply constraints. Pickup trucks aren't niche luxury cars, they're commoditized because they're produced by the millions every year, so, once the fanboys and supply constraints are satisfied, expect Tesla to have to compete on price like they have to do with the Y and 3.

Inflation is a lot like the weather, it's usually pretty mild and predictable and the few times a decade it's freaky, people lose their minds. This too shall pass
I think inflation, supply chain issues will be around for another 2-3 years. That what happens when you outsource EVERYTHING to foreign countries and that country says they keep getting sick and locking down, or making it up to push prices higher so they can profit more. Fanboys wont go away, I think once it actually comes out and people see how the pricing is crazy and the looks of it will scare a % away. I am one that will probably cancel once I drive one because that STUPID Yoke steering wheel, I am not a fan of but have never tried it so who knows.

the price may push people to the F150 lighting or the new Chevy that actually looks nice and with them opening the charging network up to everyone that is going to make a lot go to other manufactures because the network is a huge plus if you need to use it.

on a side note the BMW is 60K and beautiful with 280 range and free charging for 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLRifleman
I think inflation, supply chain issues will be around for another 2-3 years. That what happens when you outsource EVERYTHING to foreign countries and that country says they keep getting sick and locking down, or making it up to push prices higher so they can profit more. Fanboys wont go away, I think once it actually comes out and people see how the pricing is crazy and the looks of it will scare a % away. I am one that will probably cancel once I drive one because that STUPID Yoke steering wheel, I am not a fan of but have never tried it so who knows.

the price may push people to the F150 lighting or the new Chevy that actually looks nice and with them opening the charging network up to everyone that is going to make a lot go to other manufactures because the network is a huge plus if you need to use it.

on a side note the BMW is 60K and beautiful with 280 range and free charging for 2 years.
You won’t get to drive one unless you buy it to know if you wanna cancel because there’s no way Tesla has any for test drives 😅

I ordered about a year ago knowing it would take at least 2 years or more to take delivery. So I sold my 2019 model 3 and bought a 2022 model 3lr. This way when the Cybertruck is released I can make a decision on whether it's worth it to me or not. I think it's going to be worth it, IMO.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
I ordered about a year ago knowing it would take at least 2 years or more to take delivery. So I sold my 2019 model 3 and bought a 2022 model 3lr. This way when the Cybertruck is released I can make a decision on whether it's worth it to me or not. I think it's going to be worth it, IMO.
You actually placed an order, or did you pay for a reservation (for a spot in line to maybe order in the future)? I thought the only thing Tesla has offered for the Cybertruck are reservations, given that no pricing or final configuration has been announced.

Sold the RV so now that part of the garage can be dedicated to an EV truck. If I were to put in a reservation now what would be the realistic time frame of when I should expect it? 3 Years? I have also considered the Rivian but the future is questionable.