Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the second row seats fold flat? If so, how?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New renderings appeared today, including one which gives a little better look at how the 2nd row seats stow (at least on Sigs):

Thanks, Nigel. Based on this photo, and I'm assuming they've maximized space for the shot, I would guess a max depth of 75" based off of my estimates in the diagram upthread.

And on your attached thread, it shows that the third row seats indeed fold aft and flat, as expected.

Thanks, Nigel. Based on this photo, and I'm assuming they've maximized space for the shot, I would guess a max depth of 75" based off of my estimates in the diagram upthread.

And on your attached thread, it shows that the third row seats indeed fold aft and flat, as expected.

Looks to me like the third row folds forward with a cover over the well in the back like the Model S.

Yep. We're done here. 43 pages of discussion, and an image is worth all 423 posts.

I guess the question now turns to practicality. There is obviously a big gap between the folded 3rd row and the 'stowed' second row; you can see that Tesla filled it with parcels which look nice and neat. If I'm transporting my dogs how do I stop them falling down there?

"Mind the gap! Woof!"

I guess the question now turns to practicality. There is obviously a big gap between the folded 3rd row and the 'stowed' second row; you can see that Tesla filled it with parcels which look nice and neat. If I'm transporting my dogs how do I stop them falling down there? "Mind the gap! Woof!"

That is a point I've visualized for a while ... thinking how they may believe this is better than folding flat because you can put tall things there.

[update: Note sure why they didn't hang that front wheel over the edge of the 3rd seat. Looks like there is 1.5' there.]

Image: http://i.imgur.com/tcE5xMT.png
tcE5xMT.png

Image: http://i.imgur.com/017nBBA.jpg
017nBBA.jpg

Last edited:
I find myself often putting longer objects between the two front seats of my cars. Looks like this is not possible.
Maybe they've put some sort of ski sack in the middle second row seat! (doubt it).

I do this frequently as well. Would have had to rent a truck at least a half dozen times if it weren't for the ability to put long items between the front seats. Looks like the middle second row seat will prevent that.

I would love for there to be 75" there, but there is just no way. That bicycle would have to be HUGE. Guessing from the size of the wheel, it looks like about 2 of those wheels would fit end to end, making it about 52-55"

I would love for there to be 75" there, but there is just no way. That bicycle would have to be HUGE. Guessing from the size of the wheel, it looks like about 2 of those wheels would fit end to end, making it about 52-55"

Good point. To be clear, my diagram was from the back tip of the rear bumper, so internal space is probably considerably less.