Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you go to the Telsa store tomorrow after the price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please lol, they’re are a lot more reasons other than price drops to avoid buying a Tesla. This is just going to lead to people more than likely to not overlook those issues because of overall negative sentiment to the brand.

Teslas horrible customer service
Teslas predatory delivery practices (hi you have three days to decide if you want this car NOW)
Teslas awful QA experience
Non stop UI changes, removal of features, or generally backward approach to longstanding norms in the industry.

My point is, if your brand is already known for lots of issues, it’s probably not a good idea to give people more reasons to have negative sentiment towards the brand. Every other make has learned that long term care and post purchase experience is one of the biggest selling points of a car. Tesla continues to focus on making the initial sale the only important metric on the health of the company.
They are horrible that’s why I bought a second one. Lol. Sorry but rather funny

While I'm not expecting anything, if Tesla gave FSD or an extended warranty I would be happy with that. In the end, I made the purchase a month ago and agreed to pay the amount Tesla asked for. I never heard of people wanting to pay more money to Tesla when the price went up after their purchase.

In my opinion FSD is not worth $25k, but if Tesla wanted to comp what has happened by giving it away I would be happy with that since they aren't required to do anything. I appreciate a company who tries to make things right to make a happy customer, but it's not expected.
I want that also! My car is over a year old but I’m on the entitled train with you. I want a life time coupon code Now!

While I'm not expecting anything, if Tesla gave FSD or an extended warranty I would be happy with that. In the end, I made the purchase a month ago and agreed to pay the amount Tesla asked for. I never heard of people wanting to pay more money to Tesla when the price went up after their purchase.

In my opinion FSD is not worth $25k, but if Tesla wanted to comp what has happened by giving it away I would be happy with that since they aren't required to do anything. I appreciate a company who tries to make things right to make a happy customer, but it's not expected.

Don't even bother thinking it may happen. What will they do for those who paid for ESD or FSD then?

Again picking at one sentence without reading the full context. If all you can do is pick at the word class action lawsuit, then you have nothing to contribute to this discussion. Have a nice life!
The discussion is about the price drop, someone chimed in that it could be added to a list of things for a class action lawsuit, I opined that was a ludicrous statement, nobody is going to touch a price drop as a pillar for a class action lawsuit. Not sure which discussion you were reading.

If you order now, Tesla is assigning LR Model Ys same day, so line is still super short for now even with price cuts. At least here in socal based on anecdata from two of my friends that ordered last night and today. Looks like it will take some more time to percolate and work through the large built up inventory, or may need further demand levers over the next few months.

• Informative
Reactions: flgatorfan
You’re off page. If he has an order and Not taken delivery he Will get the revised price. Makes No sense to cancel and Highly likely he won’t get a car at this point if getting back in line.
oh my bad - I thought once you put the deposit down, you lock in that buying price. In that case, then yeah he hit lottery if he hasnt taken delivery

Why would Tesla do that? Did you pay them the difference when they raised prices after you purchased? These statements simply make no sense ... kind of like going back to the grocery store and asking for your $1.00 off milk because you saw a coupon but already bought and consumed the milk ...
Yes, agree. I see you are not responding to me. The only reason I am replying is your post reminded me of something that happened over 60 years ago. My dad had a decent size grocery store. To increase visits, he lowered the price of bread and milk to some ridiculously low price. Other stores tried to get the local support to go after him for unfair business practices. It didn't work. He snubbed his nose at them and still sold milk and bread a almost break-even prices. And yes, a couple of customers did come back the next day asking for a discount. Being the good man he was, he gave them some credit. But hey, it isn't an expensive car. Don't expect compensation.

Aside, sorry to hear the frustrations of people that paid a much higher price. Sadly, I doubt any compensation will ever be received. As @lotek said, it just makes no sense to me either.

Yes, I know it is not the same to compare the price of milk and bread to a car. It was just a long forgotten story I was reminded. Apologies to get off topic, but it was a good memory of how dad treated customers.

Last edited:
Who is going to the Tesla store to protest like Chinese? 😀

Well I have no doubt some will try, but just like in China it'll accomplish nothing, at best you'll gain some snacks.

Attachments

• ad646d3d240d40bf88d2dd5a4690dd4e.jpeg
    ad646d3d240d40bf88d2dd5a4690dd4e.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 108
If you order now, Tesla is assigning LR Model Ys same day, so line is still super short for now even with price cuts. At least here in socal based on anecdata from two of my friends that ordered last night and today. Looks like it will take some more time to percolate and work through the large built up inventory, or may need further demand levers over the next few months.
A 50k purchase is not something thousands of people can just decide on one day even if the price just became a lot more attractive. Probably will take at least a few weeks to deliver all the inventory and start having a line again. That said looking at 200 mile range from Los Angeles there are no more LY left that qualifies for tax credit in inventory so maybe there will be a line sooner rather than later.

Reactions: ord3r
Status
Not open for further replies.