Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you still buy a Model Y now if you could do it again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would buy it again 100%, but I would also really like Tesla to ditch the X or maybe downsize it a bit. I'd love a Y that was a little bigger and didn't have gull wing doors.
Well that would be dumb. I have the X. I don't want the Y - current size or larger. My son has the Y and he loves it - P model. I also don't want a smaller X. Some people also don't like the FWD's of the X - leave those alone as well. The only thing I would change about the X is nicer interior and more range.

I traded my 2018 M3 to MY and definitely will buy another Tesla. My other car is 2017 Bolt just local commute but GM is mishandling battery recall. I want Cybertruck but little smaller-might have to wait few years. Will sell Bolt, sell few of my T$LA shares and buy CT. I like MY but I want to be worry free about paint, scratches, ding, dent, what ever. Cybertruck gonna be so, so awesome!

I currently have a Model Y and love it but wondered if an opportunity rose in the next year or two, would you still bought the Y?

Me, I think I would have saved a little more and waited for the Rivian R1S or a Toyota SUV as I need a little more space.
You comparing your current car to a car that isn't even released in 1-2 years?

Guess what, you made the right choice because your MY is going to get over the air updates and get better in the next few years so you can have your cake (your current enjoyment of the MY) and eat it too (get all the benefits of waiting to buy with OTA updates/features)

Would buy Y again. Took 600 mile day trip and Tesla Superchargers are absolutely the best.
Good luck with Rivian or Toyota. Do not see how any of new comers would match speed and convenience of Tesla Superchargers.
Next car would be Tesla again when they finally get to 500+ mile car/truck.
For now Cyber truck looks a bit controversial for me ;)

Yes I would... Already thinking about selling my Y in 2-3yrs. I want an updated version with 7 seater. I was waiting for the 7 seater and took delivery in December. But SA told me that it won't come out until end of the year. Only for Tesla to release it a month and a half later after I took delivery.

Reactions: Gadget63
You comparing your current car to a car that isn't even released in 1-2 years?

Guess what, you made the right choice because your MY is going to get over the air updates and get better in the next few years so you can have your cake (your current enjoyment of the MY) and eat it too (get all the benefits of waiting to buy with OTA updates/features)

Been waiting about 6 months now for a meaningful OTA update, FWIW.

I'm going to take a very close look at the Rivians when they start becoming more available.

Have my MY for 9 months. I won't buy it again and I am very likely not to take delivery of any of the cybertruck orders I put because of the shitty quality build and terrible customer service. And also for not delivering on the FSD promise when I put $7k down for it.

Will probably sell it to buy another electric car within two years.

Reactions: InternetDude
Have my MY for 9 months. I won't buy it again and I am very likely not to take delivery of any of the cybertruck orders I put because of the shitty quality build and terrible customer service. And also for not delivering on the FSD promise when I put $7k down for it.

Will probably sell it to buy another electric car within two years.
Sell it now, you will get what you paid for it, and if you got a tax credit you will make money.

Reactions: zpaul