Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yes!!! Enhanced summon is on its way.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't think of a single scenario in which I'd allow my car to drive around a parking lot by itself.... the thought of retrieving my confused Tesla surrounded by irate drivers or finding a pedestrian laid out on the hood demanding my insurance info does not appeal to me.

I could. IF it actually worked. I think we are MANY year away yet from me trusting the car to come pick me up at the door.

I suspect when released it will come with all the warnings including it can not be used in a public place.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Based on the thread that the moderators deleted, enhanced summon is a bit of a gimmick. It will probably be handy for someone who, for example, parks their car in a separate garage a fair distance away from the residence but from the initial report that we got from someone running the beta software it was easily confused in the parking lot, was holding up other drivers and would occasionally simply "give up" if faced with something it couldn't deal with.

Moderators deleted a thread detailing advanced summon? Time to find a new forum were we can actually talk about cool stuff.

I could. IF it actually worked. I think we are MANY year away yet from me trusting the car to come pick me up at the door.

I suspect when released it will come with all the warnings including it can not be used in a public place.

I agree. I don't think it's actually going to be ready for prime time for a while, but I almost let the FOMO on enhanced summon cause me to buy it at the discounted price. Then, I realized that I don't want the liability of my car driving unmanned through a parking lot, or anywhere, really. For now, I'll be old school and will walk myself to my car, and drive myself around.

Even at $2k, TACC and autosteer is a bit steep, when you consider that similar technology is included with many other vehicles for free or much less. I still bought it (that's all I ever wanted, and had always said that I'd pay $2k for it, max).

Reactions: SCW-Greg
Moderators deleted a thread detailing advanced summon? Time to find a new forum were we can actually talk about cool stuff.

The thread was deleted not for the topic, but for correct me if I am wrong is because a user created another handle/user profile to post information. I think that is a no no.

Actually looked it up in terms of service link:

"Members are not allowed to register more than one user name on the site under different addresses. In doing so your accounts can be removed without notice with all posts removed."

I find the topic interesting, but user false profiles somewhat could create some issues when it comes to believing what is posted if it became a habit of many parties.

The thread was deleted not for the topic, but for correct me if I am wrong is because a user created another handle/user profile to post information. I think that is a no no.

Actually looked it up in terms of service link:

"Members are not allowed to register more than one user name on the site under different addresses. In doing so your accounts can be removed without notice with all posts removed."

I find the topic interesting, but user false profiles somewhat could create some issues when it comes to believing what is posted if it became a habit of many parties.

That's correct, they created a new account to post about how lame enhanced summon was because they were violating the terms of the early access program by talking about it before release.

• Informative
Reactions: Runnergirl
I believe EAP owners keep NoA with confirmation. NoA without confirmation goes to FSD. That’s my understanding - not 100% certain.

I never saw any advisement from Tesla that NOA with confirmation vs. NOA without confirmation required different purchases.

NOA is NOA and all "legacy" EAP owners should get it.

From the perspective of EAP owners, FSD delivers navigate on autopilot on city streets and recognition of stop signs and traffic lights.

Reactions: Runnergirl
I never saw any advisement from Tesla that NOA with confirmation vs. NOA without confirmation required different purchases.

NOA is NOA and all "legacy" EAP owners should get it.

From the perspective of EAP owners, FSD delivers navigate on autopilot on city streets and recognition of stop signs and traffic lights.

I think I was going off Troy’s chart as well as other information floating around, all of which is probably speculation. I don’t remember seeing any official Tesla statement either but I’m not sure.

I was pretty sure (but can't find the source right now) that legacy EAP owners will get both Advanced Summon and no confirmation NoA; FSD (for legacy EAP owners) is autopilot type driving on city streets and traffic light / stop sign recognition.

(I am intentionally leaving out any reference to HW3 in this discussion.)

I will be interested to see if both features get pushed to EAP buyers or if this will actually be the first thing you had to pay extra for (with the FSD add on).

Both features are supposed to be pushed to EAP buyers.

I don't know if we can expect either feature to work all that well though.

NoA currently tries to do lane changes into lanes that are clearly ending.

Enhanced Summons is really neutered by the limited speed it's allowed to go, and by what kind of incline it can encounter before stopping. Both of those things are really to avoid any kind of regulatory pushback.

It still will find it's uses despite all the limitations.

I'd love to have it when I take my mom out to dinner every couple weeks. Due to medical issues she can't walk far, and I she's wobbly so I don't like leaving her standing while I get the car.

So I'd love to summons the car to me. The current version doesn't work as it's just straight in or out. The enhanced summons might work if it allows the car to go backwards for 150 feet or so (the limit of the summons). It's a one way only so there is no going around. I just wait till the coast is clear and reverse it.

If it fully allows the "remote control" functionality then it will likely work. If it has to rely on the "come find me" it probably won't.

If the enhanced part of enhanced summon simply gets the car to pull completely out of my garage instead of stalling halfway, I'll be thrilled.

I have no expectation this will actually work in a parking lot filled with other cars, pedestrians, shopping carts, etc. I can just see the car giving up and stalling in the middle of the road, frustrated cars behind, while the Tesla owner stands 100 ft. away looking at their phone with a confused look on their face.

imagine a line of cars behind it and car gives up.... OMG someone is going to get punched in the face for sure

I'm not sure NoA is ready for no stalk confirmation. I guess we'll see.

I think it depends on what other behind the scene improvements are made to NOA. If NOA has been further improved where the driver does not need to supervise as much, where it handles exits better, handles merging in busy traffic etc then yeah, having no confirmation will be great because it will mean that NOA is very close to "highway self-driving". But obviously, if NOA is the same as now just without confirmation, that would be bad because it would mean a system that is making lane changes without asking the driver but where the driver still very much has to supervise the system and override bad decisions constantly.

Reactions: 1375mlm