Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke peeling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It happened that I had an appt today for a squeaky seat, (resolved) and @WilliamG mentioned to me on last friday about the new yoke TSB, so I messaged my SC about it. They had it in stock and were able to install it today. (same day service) Woot!
It feels like it has maybe 1mm less sponge to it, surface texture feels pretty much identical. Sewed seam is less obtrusive than expected, but the peripheral seam is not as nice as the previous no seam on the old yoke, but a trade off Im willing to accept for a central horn.
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.25.28 PM.jpg

Old yoke for reference
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.28.09 PM.jpg

It happened that I had an appt today for a squeaky seat, (resolved) and @WilliamG mentioned to me on last friday about the new yoke TSB, so I messaged my SC about it. They had it in stock and were able to install it today. (same day service) Woot!
It feels like it has maybe 1mm less sponge to it, surface texture feels pretty much identical. Sewed seam is less obtrusive than expected, but the peripheral seam is not as nice as the previous no seam on the old yoke, but a trade off Im willing to accept for a central horn.
View attachment 1026915

Old yoke for reference
View attachment 1026916
I wonder what makes this new yoke better, then. Materials appear the same, though of course the new stitching area is... well, new.

View attachment 1026915

Old yoke for reference
View attachment 1026916
So same yoke, they simply sent the old ones back and added a cover. Works for me. Who will be the first one to cut the stitches open to see if it’s a used peeled yoke. lol I kid.

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
View attachment 1026915

Old yoke for reference
View attachment 1026916

On the new yoke, do you have TACC following distance adjustment on the right scroll wheel when pushing it left and right?

It’s probably not impossible to encourage your yoke to peel if it hasn’t already..

Those of us with wheels probably have to pay though since they’re resistant to peeling
Funny you should bring that up. I wonder if we will see wheels with a center horn button. Or, is that already happening. I really have not been paying much attention to this lately.

Funny you should bring that up. I wonder if we will see wheels with a center horn button. Or, is that already happening. I really have not been paying much attention to this lately.
2024 cars have been shipping with them. The parts are in the EPC and the old parts are actually no longer listed. I'm sure the retrofit is doable if you can convince Tesla to do it. I imagine it'll be officially offered at some point.