Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are some under construction that are important, but my list is ones without known sites. In no particular order:
Metter, GA
Casper, WY
Hattiesburg, MS
Elberfeld, IN
No. No. No. No.
Salamanca, NY
Open.

(Those aware of my Supercharger obsession may be able to figure out why it's those 5)
At least I-86E is "complete".

As far as subjectivity goes, well, there are 5 on Tesla's map for 2018 that could be useful:
West Forks, ME (particularly useful for us come the next eclipse)
Baring, ME
Kennebunk, ME
Portland, ME
Medway, ME
No.
Baileyville, ME replaces Baring, ME, location known. (Irving Big Stop)
Yes!
Location Known. (Hannaford Supermarket).
Location Known. (Irving Big Stop)

Although Medway, ME and Portland, ME not likely so useful for me, with maybe Rochester, NH, Lyndon, VT or Altoona, PA of more use to us.
Location known.
No.
Open. Helps people driving to Pittsburgh, PA from Northern New England, or driving I-99 in general.

I agree completely with Rocky_H that US 95 is vital to get from San Francisco to Boise, and that the Winnemucca to Boise leg has been completely ignored.

But also north of Boise US 95 (with ID-55) is by far the easiest way to get to Coeur d'Alene and Canada (Creston BC supercharger coming "soon") Having to detour through Oregon and Washington adds at least 80 miles to the trip.

A single supercharger in Grangeville, ID makes this trip doable in all but the smallest battery cars. Alternatively two chargers one in Lewiston, ID and one in Riggins,ID makes this trip easy.

So I want (Neeeeed!) only two or three:

1) Grangeville, Idaho (or the Lewiston/Riggins pair for S60 owners)
2) Jordan Valley, Oregon (or perhaps McDermitt, Nevada)

Please oh please oh please!

• Love
Reactions: IdaX and Rocky_H
@webbbcam Dude! You're gettin' me! :cool: That's why it feels like the Supercharger planning group at Tesla is a bit clueless showing on their future planning of Supercharger locations in Idaho that they are just going to continue to intersperse more of them onto I-84. Those would be redundant, and they're not covering the routes that need them.

La Pine, OR
Silver Lake, OR, or Summer Lake, OR, or Paisley, OR
Lakeview, OR

Comment: These locations are along the normal route between Reno, NV, and Bend, OR. This route is moderately well traveled by Lakeview people going to Bend for medical appointments and shopping, or going farther north (to Portland, etc.).I don't need Lakeview, since I charge at home, but others will need it, especially as it is also on the route between Klamath Falls and Nevada/Idaho/Utah, etc. The 180 miles between Lakeview and Bend gives me range anxiety in cold or snowy weather, even with my LR Mod 3: I have arrived home with less than 30 miles indicated range remaining on my almost-new battery, and if I had had to use chains, I certainly would not have made it.

La Pine (30 mi S of Bend) would help me but is too far from Lakeview for those with short- or intermediate-range models in cold weather. (However, La Pine has the advantage of having shopping areas and being along the route between Klamath Falls and Bend.) Paisley, Summer Lake, and Silver Lake are tiny places with no major shopping areas, but there are no other reasonable stops along the route.

Lakeview has some large parking lots, which could easily accommodate Superchargers, near businesses of the type that people passing through town would stop at.

Christmas Valley allegedly has a J1772 charger. Even if that were a Supercharger, it would not be very useful to those traveling between Lakeview and Bend, except as an inconvenient emergency detour.
Let's be realistic and try for Burns and then maybe Lakeview.

Reactions: Rocky_H
One of the Coming in 2018/2019 superchargers shown on Tesla's map is across the street from my house.

The balloon is right on top of someone's house, so clearly the location shown on the map is not correct/final. But it is really fun to pretend that that I could walk home while the car was supercharging.

I know where you live >:]

Jk!

No specific order:
Burley/Heyburn ID
Provo, UT
Mountain Home, ID
Ontario, OR
Boardman, OR

I make the trip from Spanish Fork UT to Aloha OR 2-5 times a year. Some of the charging gaps would be a lot better, in my opinion, if they were more evenly spaced. Some stops currently are 20 minutes while others are 45. Also, I'd love to have the option to charge longer at one spot if the wife and kid are asleep and skip a charger, but as of now you have to stop at all of them from Tremonton, UT to The Dalles, OR.

Watertown SD
Fargo ND
Grand Forks ND
Pembina ND
Winnipeg MB

These are important sites to enable travel, not just convenience or for shorter wait times. IMHO we should see 2 or 3 of these before any more in California!

I just thought that I'd update this message from November:
  • Watertown SD
  • Fargo ND
  • Grand Forks ND
  • Pembina ND
  • Winnipeg MB

Oh wait its the same list. :)

I’m currently charging at a destination charger at the Super 8 in Grangeville Idaho because my wife is teaching EMTs/paramedics at the local fire station. We are spending the night because a 7 hour charge ( I only have a single charger) is necessary for me to either get back to Coeur d’Alene or go on to Boise.

Please oh please, just one Supercharger here opens up ALL of central Idaho via US 95 and ID 55. Unlimited camping, fly fishing, skiing, and just plain sightseeing!

Just one! That’s all we need!

I’m begging!

John

Charleston, SC
Of all the places in the southeast, this one needs to be built quickly.

Bryson City, NC
Or maybe somewhere else deeper into the Smoky mountains. Right now Asheville is the last spot to charge when heading to the smokies from the NC side.

Columbia, SC
Columbia has a charger but it is poorly placed for anyone traveling along I-26. For example, a trip from Charleston to Greenville would require a detour of over 20 minutes to hit either Columbia or Santee since there are no chargers along I-26.

New Bern, NC (Or Morehead City)
New Bern would be a good location to serve the set of beaches like Atlantic Beach in the middle of the NC coast. Right now there aren’t any chargers along the routes from central NC to any of the beaches in that area.

Nags Head, NC
Apparently this one is under construction. Definitely needed for travel into the outer banks.

Of those 5, only Charleston and Nags Head are listed by Tesla as planned. The other three are spots I think would make trips in the Carolinas a lot easier for Tesla owners.

+1 for Charleston,SC- it’s been on the coming soon list for 3 years.
There are destination chargers but really limits hotel choices.

I have to say I share your thought. It seems like Charleston should have a station. Destination charging is fine if it is available. But for anyone not staying at that hotel it's just not an option. I guess with no showrooms or even repair facilities in South Carolina, Tesla has it as a low priority.

Driving to Murrells Inlet from Virginia I once was saved by a public L2 charger in Conway. I should have had 12% left on reaching the Myrtle Beach station, but once I got off the highways the final charge estimation dropped like a rock. I spent half an hour at the Conway library to get enough charge to make sure I reached the station. I wrote to the library by email to thank them and never heard a word back. Funny.