Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,000 referral discount will end on Oct 31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question about this for people who may know. I was planning on placing an order for a Model S around the end of the year, likely in December. Is it possible to place the order at the end of October to get the $1000 credit, but have them delay production by a month or so to fit my timeframe? Would I still get the referral bonus and everything or is there another downside to doing this, aside from having to put down a deposit early?

Reactions: scottf200
Question about this for people who may know. I was planning on placing an order for a Model S around the end of the year, likely in December. Is it possible to place the order at the end of October to get the $1000 credit, but have them delay production by a month or so to fit my timeframe? Would I still get the referral bonus and everything or is there another downside to doing this, aside from having to put down a deposit early?
It should be possible. When I bought my car I made sure the delivery occurred at the same time my lease expired.

If your in the US or Canada you probably won't be able to get your car before end of December. They make Europe and Asia first. Then do US and Canada toward end of quarter. You can also set your delivery date ahead of time for whenever you want

If your in the US or Canada you probably won't be able to get your car before end of December. They make Europe and Asia first. Then do US and Canada toward end of quarter. You can also set your delivery date ahead of time for whenever you want

They will most certainly be delivering cars ordered end of Oct by the end of the year with the push. There is a reason for that cutoff date. Also, you can't choose delivery month's anymore - it comes when it comes. However there are cases where the delivery rep can work with you on special circumstances. Always good to ask.

Not really true. I ordered at the end of Q1 and received my car less than 4 weeks later into the start of Q2.

• Informative
Reactions: Reekdog
Yup. You could place your order in October with a requested delivery of December. This way you secure the $1000 referral code, get your federal tax credit for this year as opposed to next, and get any new features that are released by the end of the year.

My car took six weeks (early August to mid September (then was delayed slightly by a shipping snafu)) to the east coast. And that was EOQ, standard production for the east coast.... Where it gets dicey is if you want a custom order immediately at the start of the quarter in the USA.

But with the reduced set of options, there may very well be a recent inventory car with exactly what you want. One benefit of the streamlined option set.

Hang on, what about orders placed prior to 9/28 but not delivered? Do they still get the "old"referral rewards or are they forced to take the new ones?
I’m not even sure now what part starts when. The app under the list of programs only has ‘current program’ and that’s after July 15.

Someone did mention the new rules were for new referrals. Probably need to discuss in the master Referral Program thread.