TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

$1,000 referral discount will end on Oct 31

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by kwisatch_h, Sep 28, 2017.

1. kwisatch_h

kwisatch_h Member

2. ReturnZero

ReturnZero Member

Question about this for people who may know. I was planning on placing an order for a Model S around the end of the year, likely in December. Is it possible to place the order at the end of October to get the $1000 credit, but have them delay production by a month or so to fit my timeframe? Would I still get the referral bonus and everything or is there another downside to doing this, aside from having to put down a deposit early?

• Like x 1
  3. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

It should be possible. When I bought my car I made sure the delivery occurred at the same time my lease expired.

4. Ross9733

Ross9733 Member

If your in the US or Canada you probably won't be able to get your car before end of December. They make Europe and Asia first. Then do US and Canada toward end of quarter. You can also set your delivery date ahead of time for whenever you want

5. AvengerBB

AvengerBB Member

They will most certainly be delivering cars ordered end of Oct by the end of the year with the push. There is a reason for that cutoff date. Also, you can't choose delivery month's anymore - it comes when it comes. However there are cases where the delivery rep can work with you on special circumstances. Always good to ask.

• Like x 2
  6. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Should we assume a refreshed S/X in November?

• Like x 1
  7. BradWI

BradWI Supporting Member

Probably not, but a price drop across the board to make up for the loss of the $1k discount is likely.

8. tpham07

tpham07 Member

Not really true. I ordered at the end of Q1 and received my car less than 4 weeks later into the start of Q2.

• Informative x 1
  9. Peewee

Peewee Member

I guess that $1000 will be added again on november 1st.

The special low financing has been discontinued at the end of each month, for 7 months in a row now ;) And every 1st of the month, it still appears.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

Yup. You could place your order in October with a requested delivery of December. This way you secure the $1000 referral code, get your federal tax credit for this year as opposed to next, and get any new features that are released by the end of the year.

11. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

My car took six weeks (early August to mid September (then was delayed slightly by a shipping snafu)) to the east coast. And that was EOQ, standard production for the east coast.... Where it gets dicey is if you want a custom order immediately at the start of the quarter in the USA.

But with the reduced set of options, there may very well be a recent inventory car with exactly what you want. One benefit of the streamlined option set.

12. Saimaannorppa

Saimaannorppa Member

I'm pretty sure this signals opening time of Model 3 configurator to public reservation holders. No 1k$ bonus on M3.

13. boaterva

Not sure on the connection. Referral program is/was to drive sales and 3 sales don’t need to be driven. There is no referral program for the 3!

14. Mickie

Mickie Member

To be clear, the current reward program and its progress will run till year's end, correct?

15. boaterva

Yep, on my MyTesla it says 100 days, etc.

Edit. That was yesterday, lol. The countdown is now gone and the rules says the new program is September 28, 2017 to January 31, 2018.

• Informative x 1
  16. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Hang on, what about orders placed prior to 9/28 but not delivered? Do they still get the "old"referral rewards or are they forced to take the new ones?

17. boaterva

I’m not even sure now what part starts when. The app under the list of programs only has ‘current program’ and that’s after July 15.

Someone did mention the new rules were for new referrals. Probably need to discuss in the master Referral Program thread.