Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my Model S is a little over a year new. I think I should take it in for service. Couple of things in my mind:
  • I believe there was a recall notice that was non-urgent some months back
  • I had heard that some Model S vehicles may qualify for a performance boost update that needs to be done at the service center
  • My entertainment center seems to be buggier than before (e.g. some noise artifact); with me needing to hold down the two scroll buttons on the steering and re-booth the system more now than I've done before. The system also seems to reboot on its own every now and then.
What do you guys recommend? Thanks!

I think the recall you're referring to is the parking brake, supposedly they can also fix this with a ranger, so you shouldn't HAVE to bring it in for this.

I'd bring it in simply for the performance boost at least!

I don't really run into issues with my center screen so can't explicitly speak to that.

If I recall the first yearly service for me was a hair under $600.00. If you're not required to perform it because of lease you could potentially skip it. I did mine slightly early and will do the two year slightly late.

Reactions: singleview