Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Buyers/Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged my X 100D for the first time last night. It charged to 271 RM at the 90% setting. Not sure how accurate my 90% setting was, but that's right on track for a 300 RM full charge. I probably won't be charging to 100% for a week or two.

Charging showed 250V at the start with 0A. It dropped to about 247V +/- 1V at 70A. 49 to 50 MPH. It wouldn't go to a full 72A, though I saw a brief 71A. Mostly it showed 70A/70A. I'm guessing the high voltage caused it to limit the current a little to maintain a maximum power level?

I charged my X 100D for the first time last night. It charged to 271 RM at the 90% setting. Not sure how accurate my 90% setting was, but that's right on track for a 300 RM full charge. I probably won't be charging to 100% for a week or two.

Charging showed 250V at the start with 0A. It dropped to about 247V +/- 1V at 70A. 49 to 50 MPH. It wouldn't go to a full 72A, though I saw a brief 71A. Mostly it showed 70A/70A. I'm guessing the high voltage caused it to limit the current a little to maintain a maximum power level?

nice. what range are you seeing with the car 90% charged?

Delivery location Fremont/Factory.
MX100D, Silver Midnight Metalic, White Interior, Premium Audio, AP, FSD, Tow Package, VIN F0425XX
  • 2/8. Ordered
  • 2/16. Confirmed
  • 3/18. DS email saying it entered production. Delivery scheduled 3/29 or earliest available (with DS).
  • 3/21. In production (My Tesla portal).
  • 3/22. My Tesla asking for payment. Paid 3/22.
  • 3/25. My Tesla status "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory".

So my DS works on Saturdays and I am only a few miles from the factory. I wonder if I can pickup my new 100D today....

My experience after 110 000 km on an early S85 is to get about 10% better than rated in warm weather and about 10% worse than rated in the cold (depending on how cold).

Of course, there are a million factors that can affect range.

Hopefully it will be the same when my X 100D arrives.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Delivery location Fremont/Factory.
MX100D, Silver Midnight Metalic, White Interior, Premium Audio, AP, FSD, Tow Package, VIN F0425XX
  • 2/8. Ordered
  • 2/16. Confirmed
  • 3/18. DS email saying it entered production. Delivery scheduled 3/29 or earliest available (with DS).
  • 3/21. In production (My Tesla portal).
  • 3/22. My Tesla asking for payment. Paid 3/22.
  • 3/25. My Tesla status "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory".

So my DS works on Saturdays and I am only a few miles from the factory. I wonder if I can pickup my new 100D today....

I got a call from my DS. Picking up my X100D tomorrow. Tic tok.

Reactions: boofagle
Picked up MX100D today from Costa Mesa. However, AutoPilot or even Cruise Control does not work. My DS said that it may take 500miles to calibrate but was not sure. Another Tesla Costa Mesa person said may be 100miles for it to calibrate. I am quite surprised with this lack of clarity. I was never told when I booked that AutoPilot will not work. Curious if anyone else has the same issue with new MX100D. Any guidance appreciated !

Picked up MX100D today from Costa Mesa. However, AutoPilot or even Cruise Control does not work. My DS said that it may take 500miles to calibrate but was not sure. Another Tesla Costa Mesa person said may be 100miles for it to calibrate. I am quite surprised with this lack of clarity. I was never told when I booked that AutoPilot will not work. Curious if anyone else has the same issue with new MX100D. Any guidance appreciated !
It took about 150 miles for our adaptive cruise and auto pilot to kick in. First indication that the cameras have calibrated is lane markers appear in the dash.

Interesting observation: I had the original 8.0 installed in my X100D -- which I accumulated 100 miles or so in a day. On Sunday completed the update to the current beta and turned on Driver Assist features. And instantly I saw lane markings. So, it appears you do get credit, as it were, if those prior driving miles, even if they were pre-AP. In summary, start driving -- they'll be there soon.

Hey guys: just found out my mx 100D is now in production! When would you recommend applying for financing? Also any car insurance recommendations in north jersey area? I did a search and it's all over the place with liberty mutual and also progressive

Hey guys: just found out my mx 100D is now in production! When would you recommend applying for financing? Also any car insurance recommendations in north jersey area? I did a search and it's all over the place with liberty mutual and also progressive
When my car went into production, I got an email from my DS to apply for financing. I think you should apply now as it most likely will be less than 30 days for the delivery.

No recommendation for insurance as I'm in Miami, but for me Progressive provided the best rates.

@Dr Doom I thought your X was ahead of mine. Maybe I've been watching your posts for longer ;-)
Here's my opinion: Contact your DS and see what week they are expecting delivery. I will go out on a limb and suggest it is possible that the MyTesla webpage is behind, and your car has been in production for a couple days. The factory had my X100D complete in about 7 days. If you can verify that your car's delivery is definitely within 30 days... I'd get financing wrapped up now.

My sentiment is that production is going well at the factory & they are pushing vehicles out at a nice pace. My build quality was high. My X was claimed by the DS team as being one of the most complete X's they had seen -- nearly flawless. I will say I was relieved when the trim lines -- FWD's, etc all looked well within visual spec. I found a couple small points, but nothing took away that happy giddy smile that is still plastered; even days later.

For delivery timing, I'll caveat that I'm on the West Coast and Tesla is definitely prioritizing deliveries over here at the moment for quarter end.

While traveling up I5 for my delivery appointment, we came right up in the slow lane on a Truck with a Car Trailer FULL of model S's -- clearly on their way to delivery. Such a nice site to see on a Saturday morning while taking delivery myself. I predict those were bound for Seattle or Canada. -- there should be some happy new owners up North this week.