Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D is here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish they could have gotten the EPA range over 300 miles. The Model S range improves 20 miles over the performance version, but the X only gets a 6 mile improvement.
Currently the X100D shows the 295 range as "EPA est". Apparently Telsa has not yet done the necessary testing to be definitive about the EPA range for the 100D. Perhaps the range number will increase when the testing is done and the "est" is removed.

I'm hearing that you will loose free supercharging if you change your order to a 100D. Might want to check on that.
Yeah, that's what I'm hearing too from others. I inquired Tesla myself, waiting on their response. But, I've already decided that I will upgrade regardless - free supercharging is not important to me. What is more important, which I also still waiting on response from Tesla, if change order will trigger removal of ventilated seats..... that would be a deal breaker for me.

That depends. What I'm hearing is that change orders will trigger removal of free supercharging - I'm still waiting on response from Tesla on the matter in addition to confirming that ventilated seats will remain or not

That shouldn't be the case since you would meet the deadline though right? The car is expensive enough; supercharging should be free.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dwdnjck
Adding an item that wasn't on the price book at the time of ordering requires it to be re-priced. In the case of the S, it loosed the unlimited supercharging, perforated seats, and the dark ash option (if leather).

I know, still stinks though. Such an expensive car. I don't supercharge a whole lot so maybe for others who depend on them would this be a deal breaker like for limo services who use Teslas. Not sure they would get something this big though, but who knows.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dwdnjck
Too many games now with Tesla. While I can understand why they are making this line in the sand, I am just not satisfied with making a choice between a 90D w/ 257m OR no more unlimited supercharging. I'd rather not have to make the least worst choice for $115K+. I'm cancelling the order and moving on for this vehicle purchase. I will get back to Tesla with the Model 3 next year I hope. At least for that price my expectations of charging, range, and fit/finish are lower.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
A new referral started :
Between January 16 and March 15, you can give up to 8 friends a credit of $1,000 towards their new Tesla. Full program details here.
Yes, just stating how Tesla has been announcing new products/features right after referral program ends (or the start of a new referral program, whatever you prefer). I already called it back in October - I wonder what else might be updated

I suspect Tesla extended the unlimited supercharging deal to 15 Jan to consume their stock of 90kWh packs. I don't think those of us with an order in now will be able to upgrade without losing unlimited SC. I'm sending a note to ask if I can upgrade and keep my SC as I'm not yet in production. I'm prepared to hear "no".

I'm going into the SC today for a trade-in inspection of my 90D Model S and I had originally ordered a X90D, but changed my order to a P100DL. Since I already have 100kWh battery on order, I wonder if they will allow me to switch to a 100D with free supercharging. Only reason I would change is to get off the luxury car list from the insurance company. I have to pay double rate for basic insurance and deductibles for claims are 1% of MSRP of the vehicle. The P100D is listed on the luxury premium automobile list, but non-performance models are not. I'll save $40K on purchase price of non-P model and $1K in insurance per year. These are Canadian prices and even if supercharging will be a fee for 100D, I think I am going to switch still since saving $1K per year on insurance is alot of supercharging. I also want the longest range possible.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
I'm going into the SC today for a trade-in inspection of my 90D Model S and I had originally ordered a X90D, but changed my order to a P100DL. Since I already have 100kWh battery on order, I wonder if they will allow me to switch to a 100D with free supercharging. Only reason I would change is to get off the luxury car list from the insurance company. I have to pay double rate for basic insurance and deductibles for claims are 1% of MSRP of the vehicle. The P100D is listed on the luxury premium automobile list, but non-performance models are not. I'll save $40K on purchase price of non-P model and $1K in insurance per year. These are Canadian prices and even if supercharging will be a fee for 100D, I think I am going to switch still.

Highly doubt it. Part of that $40k is helping Tesla cover supercharging costs.