Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've used 17.17.17 in blinding rain (Tesla wipers could not really keep up -- they need to address that) and it worked flawlessly. Just got back yesterday from a Chicago to Ithaca NY round trip where the first leg was 7+ hours of rain (followed t-storms east). No issues. I used AS about 95% of the time. The only issue was that the car didn't know the default speed limit in NY state is 55mph and was limiting me on some local highways to 45mph on AS (otherwise it would've been 98% of the time).

AP1 or 2 ?

I'm mostly curious about performance of this new version in stop-and-go. I have 17.24.28 on my car and, so far as I can tell, it's almost flawless aside from feeling jittery in stop and go traffic.

I imagine that's what's held up a wider release, because everything else is a clear, and large, leap forward vs 17.17.X. Of course, others seem to be having different experiences, so it's also possible there's some QC issues they need to deal with.

Reactions: ahkahn and OBX John
I'm mostly curious about performance of this new version in stop-and-go. I have 17.24.28 on my car and, so far as I can tell, it's almost flawless aside from feeling jittery in stop and go traffic.

I imagine that's what's held up a wider release, because everything else is a clear, and large, leap forward vs 17.17.X. Of course, others seem to be having different experiences, so it's also possible there's some QC issues they need to deal with.

That's been my experience as well. First time I've had to turn off AP was in single lane stopped traffic - kept trying to turn into the oncoming lane.

That's not correct. You get what Tesla headquarter wants to give to your car. There might very well be a newer version that's suitable for the car.

Yes, I faced this earlier when I got a firmware version older than the newest one available at the time.

I finally got the software update available notification and this time I received 17.26.76 so it was good to be bumped directly to the latest firmware. :)

Got my update from 17.17.4 to 17.26.76 on my MS P100D AP2 this afternoon. My initial impressions are as follows:

1) Auto lane change very "positive" or quick but seems to work good
2) AS on freeway works good. Seems to stay more in the middle of the lane
3) AS on local divided roads gets too close to comfort to the left curb at times

good feedback, ill update mine when I get home :)

So I logged a little over a hundred miles today. Used AP a while. Lots of turning while in light traffic in 50mph speeds. Like it had a hard time finding a smooth path. Previously this wasn't an issue.

Also noticed that the dash display only shows one car in front now, whereas before it would show multiple cars ahead of me in my lane. Really seems like a small step backwards from 17.17.4.

Got my update from 17.17.4 to 17.26.76 on my MS P100D AP2 this afternoon. My initial impressions are as follows:

1) Auto lane change very "positive" or quick but seems to work good
2) AS on freeway works good. Seems to stay more in the middle of the lane
3) AS on local divided roads gets too close to comfort to the left curb at times

Did some more driving today and found a couple of other things. Either the maps were updated with VERY accurate speed limit sign placement, or AP2 is actually reading the signs. Used to show 65 on a 70 road all the time; however, tonight I noticed that as soon as I passed the 70 sign, it updated the limit on the dash display. Did this at least twice. I'll pay more attention on my next drive.

Interesting feedback, I received the new update last night, I had .24.28 on my model x ap2 car previously and found it to be so bad I wouldn't use it at all with anyone other than Tesla fans in the car. Long story short I did (in depth review on model x page) about 200 miles on freeway today, it's badass now compared to the last software we had...

It has issues in stop and go still, wheel hunts back and forth from 0-5 mph

It has issues in carpool lane still, for some reason it doesn't seem to see solid white or yellow lines especially 2-4 of them like we see in ca carpool lanes. This causes hunting and overall confusion which is annoying. This to me was by far the biggest issue but only because I drive so damn much on the freeway.

Overall for me this was a gigantic improvement and on well marked highway roads gets us very very close to ap1 parity or a bit above. I almost only use ap on divided highway roads but I do use it on highways etc... it's much improved there also in my limited experience.

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
Interesting feedback, I received the new update last night, I had .24.28 on my model x ap2 car previously and found it to be so bad I wouldn't use it at all with anyone other than Tesla fans in the car. Long story short I did (in depth review on model x page) about 200 miles on freeway today, it's badass now compared to the last software we had...

It has issues in stop and go still, wheel hunts back and forth from 0-5 mph

It has issues in carpool lane still, for some reason it doesn't seem to see solid white or yellow lines especially 2-4 of them like we see in ca carpool lanes. This causes hunting and overall confusion which is annoying. This to me was by far the biggest issue but only because I drive so damn much on the freeway.

Overall for me this was a gigantic improvement and on well marked highway roads gets us very very close to ap1 parity or a bit above. I almost only use ap on divided highway roads but I do use it on highways etc... it's much improved there also in my limited experience.

Have you tried on stop and go traffic ? I am on .28 and this was a big step backward. It aggressively stops and starts, moves around the lane, tries to move over to another lane. Previously stop and go was rock solid since AP2 was launched