Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update installed, yet to be tested. Not to be a "me too", this is just to note that it took the normal 20 minutes to install, since others stated it was taking longer for them.

Absolutely, mine took nearly exactly the same amount of time as update 17.26.76. (~30 mins each)

I sat in the car during both, working on emails. I have to say, sitting in a Tesla while it updates is quite an experience. It behaves like my dog when she sleeps on her side, swinging her legs like she's running in a dream.

I just had the update last night now my side view mirrors are staying open sometimes. I have been having issues with the left one not opening all the way lately so I'm about to take it back for another repair. (This happened once already so they replaced the mirror already)

Some other strange behavior happened: I'm eating my lunch outside watching my car from 50 ft away and I just saw the lights come on and the doors unlock by itself after 5 minutes of parking and locking. It wasn't my remote since there's no way to push the key button two times quickly by accident in my pocket. Then I tried to lock it using the key from 50ft away but it didn't work. So I just waited and watch from 50ft. Then after 10 minutes later it locked itself again. When I got next to the car the key button finally worked. Normally the key has no problem unlocking from 50ft away. This was very odd but now it's not doing this again. I still see the side view mirrors staying open after I walk away from the car, which was not the case before. I have to manually press the lock button on the key to make the mirrors fold in.

How long does it take after walking away before your side view mirrors fold in?

Lane change is MUCH smoother.

The rest of it is nauseating: Inconsistent speed with adjustments and weaving in the lane.

Worst of all: it is constantly drifting to/driving on the edge of the lanes.

IMG_7842.JPG IMG_7845.JPG IMG_7846.JPG IMG_7847.JPG IMG_7843.JPG IMG_7844.JPG

PS: I stink at uploading pictures, so I apologize if I messed it up.

Attachments

• IMG_7840.JPG
    IMG_7840.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_7841.JPG
    IMG_7841.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 116
Oh my... that's quite insane. I don't think I've experienced this with .28.

How far had you driven with the update when you took those pictures?
10+ miles, I think. It was doing this on the way home, too, but I didn't take any pictures. I was probably over 50 miles in by then. EAP had tremendous difficulty on Lakeshore Drive on my way back. I've been driving this route at the same time every day, and the new version was driving wild. It lost lanes more than usual. At one point my X dove out of the lane, but luckily I don't trust it or else we would've hit another car. I grabbed the wheel and got us back in our lane. At that point I got the "Dad, turn it off" from my teen.

I emailed those photos to [email protected] -- hope that's the right email.

• Informative
Reactions: Sterph
Received OTA AP2 X100D

HWY Driving observation
GOOD NEWS - I have to agree, lane changing is SMOOTH and enjoyable to use.....Ty AP team!!
GOOD NEWS - Accelerate and decelerate is smoother and more consistent
GOOD NEWS - HWY AP seems to be reaching fine tuning stage

City Driving observation
GOOD NEWS - Noticeable improvement with accelerating / decelerating while following traffic, not as harsh as before, pretty fluid
GOOD NEWS - Seemed less ping-pong side by side especially with intersections, nice improvement here
BAD NEWS - Approaching a stopped or very slow vehicle from a distance is SCARY.......3 times I tried to get brave and had to take over braking myself.......not brave enough to test to see if it will slam on brakes at last minute or if this is completely broken in this latest update......be conscious

Can't wait until AP2 includes reading speed limit signs

Don't like it. Super wavy lane lines are back with a vengeance. Lane changes now take too long and will result in many missed opportunities in moderate to slightly heavy traffic. On the plus side, acceleration and deceleration feel more natural. However, ping pong is much higher than in previous versions. At some point, Tesla needs to give up on dual camera and start throwing all the hardware they have at the problem. I don't expect any meaningful progress until then.

Reactions: alcibiades
Sell it dude.
I didn't even mention the wonderful community!

I know there are people who think that @ahkahn is clever. A lot of people like Forrest Gump, too.

I don't know how the behavior in my photos is acceptable for a 2nd generation product at this stage. But, hey, to each their own. Yet the snarky comments directed at other owners aren't particularly helpful.

If @ahkahn was offering to buy my car for what I paid (heck, for more. It has no longer available features!) then I apologize for misunderstanding.

Last edited:
I just had the update last night now my side view mirrors are staying open sometimes. I have been having issues with the left one not opening all the way lately so I'm about to take it back for another repair. (This happened once already so they replaced the mirror already)

Some other strange behavior happened: I'm eating my lunch outside watching my car from 50 ft away and I just saw the lights come on and the doors unlock by itself after 5 minutes of parking and locking. It wasn't my remote since there's no way to push the key button two times quickly by accident in my pocket. Then I tried to lock it using the key from 50ft away but it didn't work. So I just waited and watch from 50ft. Then after 10 minutes later it locked itself again. When I got next to the car the key button finally worked. Normally the key has no problem unlocking from 50ft away. This was very odd but now it's not doing this again. I still see the side view mirrors staying open after I walk away from the car, which was not the case before. I have to manually press the lock button on the key to make the mirrors fold in.

How long does it take after walking away before your side view mirrors fold in?

Have you double checked that walk-away locking is still enabled after the update? That or a center screen reset might get things working again.

Usually my mirrors are folded by the time I'm 20ft-30ft away. That's the only way I can tell if the car is locked or unlocked, other than the app, so I'm usually checking them. The marker lights will come on up to 50ft away, though not always, but that doesn't mean the car is unlocked. Did you check the lock status on the app?