Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.46 3387a54 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, we need to chimp in together and get @buttershrimp an internal tripod....

Your request regarding image stabilization shall be granted shortly. Any other tips as buttershrimp takes his YouTube channel from bacterial to viral ? I’m sorry but the music options are part of the fun... you guys can help me develop into the tween I’ve always wanted to become.

Put a couple hundred kms on AP2 (2017.46) yesterday/today and overall it seems much more reliable and AutoSteer is improved for sure - still a ways to go though. Best part is that you can engage TACC while driving at much slower speeds creeping up to a traffic jam. Yes the TACC is still set to min 30km/hr, but you can enable it as long as your foot is off the brake pedal. Nice!

I just applied this update (2017.46) to my 2017 MS and now my Autopilot and TACC are completely disabled. The icons do not appear on the screen and when I pull on the level, I get an error message stating "Cruise not available." I did a two button reset with no effect. Everything else works.

Has anyone had this happen after applying this update?

The service center has initiated something that allows me to report the issue to them for review via the car. I will be doing that shortly.

Needless to say, I am not happy. I am on Autopilot 90% of the time in my daily driving.

I just applied this update (2017.46) to my 2017 MS and now my Autopilot and TACC are completely disabled. The icons do not appear on the screen and when I pull on the level, I get an error message stating "Cruise not available." I did a two button reset with no effect. Everything else works.

The service center has initiated something that allows me to report the issue to them for review via the car. I will be doing that shortly.

Needless to say, I am not happy. I am on Autopilot 90% of the time in my daily driving.
Apparently this happens when you are late on the monthly payments

Try powering the car down for 3-5 minutes.

Controls- e-brake and power off.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Your request regarding image stabilization shall be granted shortly. Any other tips as buttershrimp takes his YouTube channel from bacterial to viral ? I’m sorry but the music options are part of the fun... you guys can help me develop into the tween I’ve always wanted to become.
Since you ask.... I watch a lot of youtube videos showing AP. Two main things I would mention that you are already doing. Please continue to include the FW you are testing. It is shocking that people will demo AP and not include the FW Version they are testing. Also, the IC and the road view are important. Some show the IC in a separate window but your way is fine with me. So, like others I would stabilize the video. Music... Not my kind of music so I will just mute it when watching. Really looking forward to more videos. Make sure to post a link to your channel.

This is a bummer. The only problem I have had is losing GPS Location which causes problems with Autopilot but not TACC. They can easily fix that OTA. When I first got my car I had to drive 28 miles for it to calibrate. Maybe that is the issue.

Had this problem a few updates ago. Called support, they had me reset a few times and drive around...no help so they put me in the cue for a service center visit. Went into a store after the call, came back about 30 minutes later and everything was working again.

Well...

Tesla-enhanced-autopilot-upgrade.jpg

That's it. I'm quitting TMC - or at least quitting writing actual words on TMC, I'll just post memes/gifs from now on!

Out of all the long posts I've made over three years, some with IMO actual merit, the one with only one word and one overused picture is the one that gets likes like this... ;) ;)

well.png

Got .46 today ( Tuesday) . went from .42 directly to .46 . I liked .42 ( ive been lucky) so I was worried it would take a step back or some thing like other updates have done. good news for me it was the same/ stable for sideroads and main high ways my entire trip except for an non lane marked toll plaza output , till it picked up the lanes. I took it out on a 5 mile multiple S turns road and it did pretty well ( this is a 35 mhp speed limited road, with bike paths on the side and narrow lanes. I had to pop it out twice as it was getting too close to oncoming heavy traffic and getting too close for my tastes to the centerline, That was what .42 did also at those spots ( these are pretty demanding S curves) . On previous updates it seemed like to took about 20 miles to stabilize out . this new worked fine right way , no adverse effects. When I went to . 42 the Audio streaming was doing a lot of buffering drop out and buffering when ever I was in auto steer ( too much processing load?- Im an AP2 HW) ( but that cleared up yesterday and the update ( .46) and drive showed the audio streaming was doing fine too. I''ll take it out on a long trip for the thanksgiving holiday and see how the stability is compared to my regular 25mile commute. things have been good running +70Mph in auto steer in heavy traffic with rucks , none of the darting or hesitations of previous versions. so far so good!. would like off ramps and sign/light recognition next ( for xmas ? ive been a good boy)....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Turing

After reading this today I had the same problem but I did not apply the New .46 release. I am still on .44. I was going to dinner tonight and wanted to show my son autopilot (he just got here for a visit) and it was disabled (like you). Besides Autopilot and TACC the speed limit sign was gone. So my guess it was the GPS. So I opened the map and the GPS was working. Anyway, not wanting to deal with it I went to dinner. When I got back in my car after dinner I decided to reboot the big screen. However, it is possible I noticed the speed limit sign before I started the reboot but not sure. Anyway, the trip home I had everything back to normal.