Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"My point is, myusername is an OBVIOUS paid shill, and should not ever be taken seriously"

well... you're wrong... and the truth is it's YOU GUYS that spend your time talking about me and trolls and "paid shills" while I actually talk about topics related to the company and stock. for example, you guys tried to run me off while I said M3 deliveries could easily be under 20k... this was just 3 months ago... and who was right?
see, now the paid shill is in "reasonable concerned investor" mode. Of course he's also blatantly lying.
I'll stop personally calling people out. Let the record show I'm aware, though.

In my opinion it's not worth responding to these types. Obvious paid shills are obvious. I used to play in marijuana penny stocks and I was a moderator on a certain message board. It became really clear to me that paid shills not only exist, but they or their employers sometimes go to extreme lengths. I was doxxed for example, and was even called late at night by someone speaking through a voice distorter threatening me and more. They reported ME to the SEC and for weeks afterward my LinkedIn account kept getting views from SEC employees. I'm sure I'm forgetting details, and the situation I speak of involved a lot less money than what's involved in TSLA.

My point is, myusername is an OBVIOUS paid shill, and should not ever be taken seriously. These types exist only to derail conversation, to lie, obfuscate, and ultimately steal from you.
I thoroughly disagree. Not with your stated experience, but with your putting myusername in the category. I personally find the exchanges on here related to his posts to be some of the more informative. I know I'm not the uberbull some are on here, so maybe I'm a paid shill too in your book. Go on seeking alpha, and no doubt there are people on there who clearly just post negative stuff, often with absolutely zero substance. There is a wide gulf between those people and what myusername posts.

There is a wide gulf between those people and what myusername posts.

There actually isn't; he has to dial his tone in for the particular forum. This one has its style and flavor, and it is overwhelmingly bullish. He can't just spout the same stuff here that he spouts on SA under another alias.

Actually yes, you already pinged my radar before you defended myusername, so that just is what it is... *shrug*

Meanwhile, back at the political ranch, some aspects of the macro environment are scary. Should effect overall market, which is normal today, except Tesla is down and Nasdaq up at the moment.

‘Self-Restraint’ Is Only Thing Stopping War With North Korea, U.S. General Says

But the stage is set for problems surrounding the clash or non clash of the titans in Germany. Looks like China and Russia are in a united push concerning North Korea.
Considering I current potus that headline mentioninng "self-restraint" is the scariest thing I've seen or even considered.

Reactions: neroden and MikeC
In my opinion it's not worth responding to these types. Obvious paid shills are obvious. I used to play in marijuana penny stocks and I was a moderator on a certain message board. It became really clear to me that paid shills not only exist, but they or their employers sometimes go to extreme lengths. I was doxxed for example, and was even called late at night by someone speaking through a voice distorter threatening me and more. They reported ME to the SEC and for weeks afterward my LinkedIn account kept getting views from SEC employees. I'm sure I'm forgetting details, and the situation I speak of involved a lot less money than what's involved in TSLA.

My point is, myusername is an OBVIOUS paid shill, and should not ever be taken seriously. These types exist only to derail conversation, to lie, obfuscate, and ultimately steal from you.
You should take advantage of the ignore feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceCash
Unfortunately, people who are actually buying a car right now don't agree with you - other wise X sales would be much higher. I think that is pretty much common sense.

S has been out for 4 years. X little more than 12 months after massive production issues were resolved. X will be more popular than S. Give it more time.

What's more impressive is that X i believe is capturing share more quickly than S did.

The problem is, if nobody responds, then FUDsters have free reign to affect everyone who doesn't use the ignore feature.

As someone who doesn't use the ignore feature, I assure you so-and-so has absolutely no affect on me one way or another other than I get to push the disagree button an order of magnitude more than I normally would/do. :D

Last edited:
Tesla upgrades its electric motor on the road to have powertrains lasting 1 million miles

What else does Tesla need to do before we can say the car lasts a million miles?

I take this as another sign Tesla is getting ready for Tesla Network. 1 million miles would mean nearly 100 years of life at current annual avg miles: pointless. But it makes sense in the context of Tesla network.
There is a lot more to a car than the drive train. My last Mercedes lasted 15 years and 250,000 miles, but all of the plastic bits were deteriorating, the suspension was getting sloppy, and the paint was peeling. If I hadn't taken excellent care of them, the seats would have been shot as well. Honestly, some of the questions you ask make me wonder if you even drive a car.

Just a thought about Q2 earnings. They might not be great overall because of the relatively low deliveries. However, as 100kWh demand seems to have really taken off, the margins for June could be dramatically better than before. They might give separate figures for overall margin and margin in June production only, which could be much higher than in the past and significantly boost investor confidence. Model S/X margin guidance for Q3 is likely to be very good.

Just a thought about Q2 earnings. They might not be great overall because of the relatively low deliveries. However, as 100kWh demand seems to have really taken off, the margins for June could be dramatically better than before. They might give separate figures for overall margin and margin in June production only, which could be much higher than in the past and significantly boost investor confidence. Model S/X margin guidance for Q3 is likely to be very good.

It would be extremely unlikely for them to separate out June margins. Q3 guidance may be good; we'll see.

Reactions: SpaceCash
I made an account here just now purely to call out this post as ridiculous.
This post is ridiculous.
The X is about the most amazing car on the road, and here in Hollywood they are plentiful and oh-so-sexy. My first Tesla will be a fully loaded X, probably order in about a year. The X is iconic and supremely kickass, an aspirational vehicle to many.

How do I add my dang profile picture to this account? Surprisingly not intuitive
I would like to see a June breakdown of MS vs MX. It's possible that more MX buyers opted for the 100kwh model than MS buyers, and was thus delayed due to the pack availability. Since the pack issue was fixed in June, it's possible that MX delivery in June was higher than MS.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
It's also possible that the production issue for the 100kwh pack in Apr/May caused the margins to be bad, if they had to do a lot of rework on those packs.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Everything depends on Model 3 now.

I have no concern over recent up/down volatility. I will be examining final Model 3 specifications, automotive critic reviews, customer reviews, production ramp, and service ramp closely.

There will be a lot of substance in the next few months. Stock price will trail IMO until the trajectory of Model 3 is apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.