TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpaceCash

SpaceCash Member

see, now the paid shill is in "reasonable concerned investor" mode. Of course he's also blatantly lying.
    I'll stop personally calling people out. Let the record show I'm aware, though.

• Like x 5
    • Love x 4
  2. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

I thoroughly disagree. Not with your stated experience, but with your putting myusername in the category. I personally find the exchanges on here related to his posts to be some of the more informative. I know I'm not the uberbull some are on here, so maybe I'm a paid shill too in your book. Go on seeking alpha, and no doubt there are people on there who clearly just post negative stuff, often with absolutely zero substance. There is a wide gulf between those people and what myusername posts.

• Disagree x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  3. SpaceCash

SpaceCash Member

There actually isn't; he has to dial his tone in for the particular forum. This one has its style and flavor, and it is overwhelmingly bullish. He can't just spout the same stuff here that he spouts on SA under another alias.

Actually yes, you already pinged my radar before you defended myusername, so that just is what it is... *shrug*

• Like x 3
    • Love x 3
  4. Intl Professor

Intl Professor Active Member

That's got me into trouble many times, literally and allegorically. You're really clever with punctuation! :D backatcha.

5. MitchJi

MitchJi Trying to learn kindness, patience & forgiveness

Considering I current potus that headline mentioninng "self-restraint" is the scariest thing I've seen or even considered.

• Like x 2
  6. MitchJi

MitchJi Trying to learn kindness, patience & forgiveness

You should take advantage of the ignore feature.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  7. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Closed

• Informative x 1
  8. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

It was all over social media. You live under a rock? :)

• Funny x 1
  9. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Closed

#20229 ValueAnalyst, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Like x 1
  10. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Closed

S has been out for 4 years. X little more than 12 months after massive production issues were resolved. X will be more popular than S. Give it more time.

What's more impressive is that X i believe is capturing share more quickly than S did.

• Like x 2
  11. Krugerrand

#20231 Krugerrand, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    As someone who doesn't use the ignore feature, I assure you so-and-so has absolutely no affect on me one way or another other than I get to push the disagree button an order of magnitude more than I normally would/do. :D

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  12. Krugerrand

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 1
  13. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

There is a lot more to a car than the drive train. My last Mercedes lasted 15 years and 250,000 miles, but all of the plastic bits were deteriorating, the suspension was getting sloppy, and the paint was peeling. If I hadn't taken excellent care of them, the seats would have been shot as well. Honestly, some of the questions you ask make me wonder if you even drive a car.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  14. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Make the door handles last a million miles, then color me impressed.....

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 2
  15. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Has Spiegel appeared on MSNBC or Bloomberg? Just curious

16. tentonine

tentonine Member

Just a thought about Q2 earnings. They might not be great overall because of the relatively low deliveries. However, as 100kWh demand seems to have really taken off, the margins for June could be dramatically better than before. They might give separate figures for overall margin and margin in June production only, which could be much higher than in the past and significantly boost investor confidence. Model S/X margin guidance for Q3 is likely to be very good.

17. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Closed

It would be extremely unlikely for them to separate out June margins. Q3 guidance may be good; we'll see.

• Like x 1
  18. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Active Member

I would like to see a June breakdown of MS vs MX. It's possible that more MX buyers opted for the 100kwh model than MS buyers, and was thus delayed due to the pack availability. Since the pack issue was fixed in June, it's possible that MX delivery in June was higher than MS.

• Like x 1
  19. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Active Member

It's also possible that the production issue for the 100kwh pack in Apr/May caused the margins to be bad, if they had to do a lot of rework on those packs.

• Like x 1
  20. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Not posting at TMC after 9/17/2018

Everything depends on Model 3 now.

I have no concern over recent up/down volatility. I will be examining final Model 3 specifications, automotive critic reviews, customer reviews, production ramp, and service ramp closely.

There will be a lot of substance in the next few months. Stock price will trail IMO until the trajectory of Model 3 is apparent.

• Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.