TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Active Member

I must, or I like 99% of the world dont pay attention to those awards or Hollywood awards or pretty much any awards.

• Like x 1
  2. Drumheller

Drumheller Member

Perhaps you should offer proof before you slander someone else.

The attitude on this forum that anyone that isn't 100% bullish MUST be a 'troll' (and most of you use that word incorrectly) is the worst part of this forum. I find myself leaving for weeks / months when it gets to be too irritating. If someone bothers you that much, use the ignore feature.

And, of course, I'll likely be labeled a "paid shrill" or "troll" for this post.

• Disagree x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Closed

Tesla will likely triple its revenue next year. Especially with exponential growth translating to volume production really in December. We're looking at $35B+ rev next year vs $12B this year.

The stock's current valuation is just too low to be accounting for that.

4. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Not posting at TMC after 9/17/2018

I agree with this. A troll posts for the sole reason of getting entertainment, or "lulz" from making people upset. Myusername seems more flummoxed than happy with what goes on at TMC.

If myusername is a troll, they are not a very good one, for the simple reason that they themselves appear to get very upset at TSLA's irrational moves and many of people here. Any troll worth their salt never hands lulz to the opposition.

This I disagree with. Allowing bad arguments to go unchallenged only allows them to take hold. Also, trolls cannot stand being made to look stupid and having lulz drained away from them while everyone else has a good laugh at their expense. It's like the Star Trek episode where Kirk and Klingons rid Enterprise of an alien intrusion by laughing at it.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  5. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

The people who needed to see it, saw it. Just because a large percentage of the planet didn't, doesn't mean the award had no value forwarding the adoption of EVs. The award was significant even if it only validated all the risks taken and the hard work done by the people at Tesla.

I dislike it when accomplishments are so easily brushed off like that. Especially when it's not like just anyone can go out there, start a brand new car company, build a car from scratch of an 'alternative' fuel source and win a prestigious award (unanimous decision btw, the first of its kind in the 69 year history of the award) beating out all other OEMs, who've been around for decades and decades and supposedly know what it takes to build a car to win - and can't do it.

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. Krugerrand

Irrelevant. He's not on dozens of forum members ignore lists simply because he isn't 100% bullish. Fact.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 2
  7. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

It's this dynamic that has me believing that somewhere out in the 2030 time frame, we'll start seeing more and more of a cottage industry refinishing / refreshing Tesla Model S interiors. Get them ready for their next 10-15 years of service, since the mechanical bits will be ready for another 10-15 years of wear :)

It's going to be sad if a 10-15 year old Tesla is STILL better than what the ICE auto makers have to offer.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  8. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

On a day like today let us remember the following two facts.

1. The original production/sales goal of Model S was 20000.

2. Model 3 production has been moved up by 2 years, due to off the chart demand.

• Like x 13
    • Love x 2
  9. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

I think a fairly large percentage of today's decline was the direct result of the GS hit piece (aka 'Analyst note')

Unfortunately, it's a fact that no analyst holds more sway over TSLA than GS

Wouldn't it be interesting to hear what GS's "buy side" analyst models are for TSLA? (Rhetorical. That's not public)

It's going to take a number of positive analysts notes to overcome the GS B.S.

Kallo was defending TSLA today but it's a David & Goliath match that Kallo alone won't win

Adam J of MS hasn't been very supportive lately and I'm not expecting him to raise his PT from $305 in the near term. He COULD based on Tesla's Model 3 guidance for 2017, but he flatly doesn't believe tesla will deliver many in 2017.
    I'm guessing he will be more helpful once deliveries pick up in Q4

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  10. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Active Member

People are actually busy trying to survive and feed their families and hopefully watching their retirement investments. Im sure these awards are important to someone, I personally would never purchased something because it won an award. I would do my own research and test drive it myself. The only time I recall seeing these awards talked about is in ads. I don't read auto trends or any other industry mags and most consumers don't. Not because they are dismissive, but because they are busy with kids and life.

11. SpaceCash

SpaceCash Member

no, no, calm down mate.

Your posts don't have the smack about them that myusername's do, and now that I've reviewed Ichabod's posts, he also falls squarely into the "paid opposition" category.

You don't.
    And don't be silly asking for proof of something that is nigh impossible to prove. I said this was obvious TO ME based on my prior experiences in stock boards. You can take me at my word or not, ultimately I don't really care.

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 1
  12. SpaceCash

SpaceCash Member

I hear you, and it's impressive as hell, but I also feel that these awards at the end of the day don't mean much for SP

• Like x 1
  13. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Closed

Yes, and the stock is currently pricing 500k cars in 2020 (500k x $60k ASP x 10% margin x 20 multiple), with no value for TE.

• Like x 2
  14. generalenthu

generalenthu Member

I see you are projecting 35B in revenues next year. What is your TE estimate for next year?

15. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

This is true but the MTCOY award that year had special significance. It was unanimous for the only time ever and legitimized Tesla as a company and brought the Model S into the mainstream. It also came right when TSLA was breaking out of the 30s so you can understand why old timers might remember it quite fondly.

• Like x 7
    • Love x 1
  16. Krugerrand

I didn't realize we were talking about its affect on SP.

17. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

#20257 AlMc, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Helpful x 2
  18. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  19. larmor

larmor Active Member

Have to disagree. The x is modeled after other fastback SUVs such as mb gle and bmw X6. Much sleeker and sportier styling vs boxy suv. Faster too. FWD are amazing in parking lots with tight spaces. Prevents kiddos from rapidly opening doors and causing door dings on other cars. Far easier to get in and out. Fwiw, I always check my hands and surroundings opening any car door including sliders from minivans...

Finally view out of car is unrivaled from driver's position.

Finally an aside, palm pilot and Newton came before their time, but everyone has a palm sized device in their hand now. (I had palm and then sunny clie, wanted a Newton)

• Like x 1
  20. vgrinshpun

vgrinshpun Supporting Member

Commission presents bold energy idea at Major Projects Conference

• Informative x 5
    • Love x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.