Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There actually isn't; he has to dial his tone in for the particular forum. This one has its style and flavor, and it is overwhelmingly bullish. He can't just spout the same stuff here that he spouts on SA under another alias.

Actually yes, you already pinged my radar before you defended myusername, so that just is what it is... *shrug*

Perhaps you should offer proof before you slander someone else.

The attitude on this forum that anyone that isn't 100% bullish MUST be a 'troll' (and most of you use that word incorrectly) is the worst part of this forum. I find myself leaving for weeks / months when it gets to be too irritating. If someone bothers you that much, use the ignore feature.

And, of course, I'll likely be labeled a "paid shrill" or "troll" for this post.

Tesla will likely triple its revenue next year. Especially with exponential growth translating to volume production really in December. We're looking at $35B+ rev next year vs $12B this year.

The stock's current valuation is just too low to be accounting for that.

The attitude on this forum that anyone that isn't 100% bullish MUST be a 'troll' (and most of you use that word incorrectly) is the worst part of this forum. I find myself leaving for weeks / months when it gets to be too irritating.

I agree with this. A troll posts for the sole reason of getting entertainment, or "lulz" from making people upset. Myusername seems more flummoxed than happy with what goes on at TMC.

If myusername is a troll, they are not a very good one, for the simple reason that they themselves appear to get very upset at TSLA's irrational moves and many of people here. Any troll worth their salt never hands lulz to the opposition.

If someone bothers you that much, use the ignore feature.

This I disagree with. Allowing bad arguments to go unchallenged only allows them to take hold. Also, trolls cannot stand being made to look stupid and having lulz drained away from them while everyone else has a good laugh at their expense. It's like the Star Trek episode where Kirk and Klingons rid Enterprise of an alien intrusion by laughing at it.

I must, or I like 99% of the world dont pay attention to those awards or Hollywood awards or pretty much any awards.

The people who needed to see it, saw it. Just because a large percentage of the planet didn't, doesn't mean the award had no value forwarding the adoption of EVs. The award was significant even if it only validated all the risks taken and the hard work done by the people at Tesla.

I dislike it when accomplishments are so easily brushed off like that. Especially when it's not like just anyone can go out there, start a brand new car company, build a car from scratch of an 'alternative' fuel source and win a prestigious award (unanimous decision btw, the first of its kind in the 69 year history of the award) beating out all other OEMs, who've been around for decades and decades and supposedly know what it takes to build a car to win - and can't do it.

There is a lot more to a car than the drive train. My last Mercedes lasted 15 years and 250,000 miles, but all of the plastic bits were deteriorating, the suspension was getting sloppy, and the paint was peeling. If I hadn't taken excellent care of them, the seats would have been shot as well. Honestly, some of the questions you ask make me wonder if you even drive a car.

It's this dynamic that has me believing that somewhere out in the 2030 time frame, we'll start seeing more and more of a cottage industry refinishing / refreshing Tesla Model S interiors. Get them ready for their next 10-15 years of service, since the mechanical bits will be ready for another 10-15 years of wear :)

It's going to be sad if a 10-15 year old Tesla is STILL better than what the ICE auto makers have to offer.

I think a fairly large percentage of today's decline was the direct result of the GS hit piece (aka 'Analyst note')

Unfortunately, it's a fact that no analyst holds more sway over TSLA than GS

Wouldn't it be interesting to hear what GS's "buy side" analyst models are for TSLA? (Rhetorical. That's not public)

It's going to take a number of positive analysts notes to overcome the GS B.S.

Kallo was defending TSLA today but it's a David & Goliath match that Kallo alone won't win

Adam J of MS hasn't been very supportive lately and I'm not expecting him to raise his PT from $305 in the near term. He COULD based on Tesla's Model 3 guidance for 2017, but he flatly doesn't believe tesla will deliver many in 2017.
I'm guessing he will be more helpful once deliveries pick up in Q4

The people who needed to see it, saw it. Just because a large percentage of the planet didn't, doesn't mean the award had no value forwarding the adoption of EVs. The award was significant even if it only validated all the risks taken and the hard work done by the people at Tesla.

I dislike it when accomplishments are so easily brushed off like that. Especially when it's not like just anyone can go out there, start a brand new car company, build a car from scratch of an 'alternative' fuel source and win a prestigious award (unanimous decision btw, the first of its kind in the 69 year history of the award) beating out all other OEMs, who've been around for decades and decades and supposedly know what it takes to build a car to win - and can't do it.

People are actually busy trying to survive and feed their families and hopefully watching their retirement investments. Im sure these awards are important to someone, I personally would never purchased something because it won an award. I would do my own research and test drive it myself. The only time I recall seeing these awards talked about is in ads. I don't read auto trends or any other industry mags and most consumers don't. Not because they are dismissive, but because they are busy with kids and life.

Perhaps you should offer proof before you slander someone else.

The attitude on this forum that anyone that isn't 100% bullish MUST be a 'troll' (and most of you use that word incorrectly) is the worst part of this forum. I find myself leaving for weeks / months when it gets to be too irritating. If someone bothers you that much, use the ignore feature.

And, of course, I'll likely be labeled a "paid shrill" or "troll" for this post.
no, no, calm down mate.

Your posts don't have the smack about them that myusername's do, and now that I've reviewed Ichabod's posts, he also falls squarely into the "paid opposition" category.

You don't.
And don't be silly asking for proof of something that is nigh impossible to prove. I said this was obvious TO ME based on my prior experiences in stock boards. You can take me at my word or not, ultimately I don't really care.

I hear you, and it's impressive as hell, but I also feel that these awards at the end of the day don't mean much for SP

Reactions: neroden
I hear you, and it's impressive as hell, but I also feel that these awards at the end of the day don't mean much for SP

This is true but the MTCOY award that year had special significance. It was unanimous for the only time ever and legitimized Tesla as a company and brought the Model S into the mainstream. It also came right when TSLA was breaking out of the 30s so you can understand why old timers might remember it quite fondly.

It is great evidence of the failure of the X that the S again outsold the X in Q2. In an era where sedans are out of flavor and everyone is buying SUVs, Tesla can't sell more SUVs than sedans. The X will always be an incredibly expensive missed opportunity for Tesla. It's been Musk's only major mistake, but it was a huge one (yes, life-threatening for Tesla). Instead of making tons of money off the X, it will take years to recoup the R&D as well as warranty repair costs of the FWDs.

I know I sound like a broken record about the X, but man, it bothers me so much that we'd be at a TOTALLY different place in the life of Tesla had they kept it simple. Now I know why Elon once stated that profitability would come in 2020 after earlier stating 2017 - he KNEW the X had cost Tesla 3 years of profit.
Have to disagree. The x is modeled after other fastback SUVs such as mb gle and bmw X6. Much sleeker and sportier styling vs boxy suv. Faster too. FWD are amazing in parking lots with tight spaces. Prevents kiddos from rapidly opening doors and causing door dings on other cars. Far easier to get in and out. Fwiw, I always check my hands and surroundings opening any car door including sliders from minivans...

Finally view out of car is unrivaled from driver's position.

Finally an aside, palm pilot and Newton came before their time, but everyone has a palm sized device in their hand now. (I had palm and then sunny clie, wanted a Newton)

Reactions: Krugerrand
Commission presents bold energy idea at Major Projects Conference

The presentation drew comparisons between the Pilbara and the Finish city of Vaasa, which is leveraging its proximity to Europe’s largest lithium deposit to attract a Tesla Gigafactory.

“The purpose of the presentation was to put the Pilbara on the map and get people thinking about the transformational role our region should play in meeting future global energy demand,” Mr Le Serve said.

“Vaasa’s proposal has attracted wide support and I think we have a lot to learn from this entrepreneurial approach to attracting investment to the Pilbara.”

“It was a bold comparison, but it really got people thinking about what’s possible for our region. Potential gigawatt-scale renewable energy projects are already being discussed in the region to capitalise on the Pilbara’s solar resources, proximity to Asia and high quality export infrastructure. If any one of these projects materialises, the economic benefits will be substantial.”

The presentation highlighted the case study of American car maker, energy storage company and solar panel manufacturer, Tesla Inc. which is expected to announce up to four new Gigafactory locations this year to meet projected demand for its car and energy products.

The Office of Economic Development in Nevada, US, where Tesla’s first Gigafactory commenced production earlier this year, estimated the factory would result in 6,500 direct operational jobs and an additional 16,200 indirect jobs, with a total annual economic impact of $USD 5.4 billion.

“The Pilbara has some of the world’s largest lithium deposits on its doorstep, so it’s important we explore the supply-chain possibilities of value-adding to the mineral extraction process by manufacturing the end-product,” Mr Le Serve said.

“The Commission will continue to be a strong advocate for economic growth in the Pilbara by positioning the region as an attractive location for renewable energy projects.”

Status
Not open for further replies.